Ousmane Dembele | Fee agreed with Dortmund, medical on Monday, Barca go from MSN to LSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yeah it'd be funny if he forced his move to PSG in 2-3 years the same way he's going it now, when it becomes clear PSG are on another level and want to complete their dream trio up fron with Mbappe, Neymar and him. That'd be some firepower!

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Yeah it'd be funny if he forced his move to PSG in 2-3 years the same way he's going it now, when it becomes clear PSG are on another level and want to complete their dream trio up fron with Mbappe, Neymar and him. That'd be some firepower!
Not everyone is after petrol/oil/gas money. Or else Messi and Ronaldo would be playing for PSG. But even if he moves to PSG, if we make 150-200m profit off him, it's all good.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Doesn't make business sense. A player is just an asset for a club, like a lamp would be to you if you were flipping it. Why should they sell for less? He signed a contract he doesn't want to honour. Dortmund have put the price out there and said, you want him here's the price. There's a week left in the window. What does Dortmund get out of selling him cheaper, other than the headache of having to replace him in very little time?
Clearly Dortmund's only objective is too get as much money as possible with little regard for anything else. So they are basically just being selfish and greedy and again they got every right to be that but than they shouldn't be labelled as victims anymore either.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Some firepower waisted in the french ligue 1

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Clearly Dortmund's only objective is too get as much money as possible with little regard for anything else. So they are basically just being selfish and greedy and again they got every right to be that but than they shouldn't be labelled as victims anymore either.
They're only labeled as victims because many people here twist everything up so they can make Barca the villain, and further fuel their hate. Only explanation possible. You have people blaming Barca for not paying what Dortmund ask initially, and the same people laughing at Barca after they pay 150m saying it's way too much for a relatively unproven player.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I don't think it's outrageous to say Dembele is as good as Neymar was at age 20. Neymar at 20 was still at Santos, he went to Barca when he was 21.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
I don't think it's outrageous to say Dembele is as good as Neymar was at age 20. Neymar at 20 was still at Santos, he went to Barca when he was 21.
There is quite a gap when you look at what Neymar meant for Brazil and what Demebele is for France atm. Neymar carried his team to a Confederation Cup win. Being absolutely the star of that team. Dembele is not even a clear starter for France atm.

Not a big difference in club level, but as far as NT performances are concerned, Neymar at 21 was way ahead of Dembele at 20.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
There is quite a gap when you look at what Neymar meant for Brazil and what Demebele is for France atm. Neymar carried his team to a Confederation Cup win. Being absolutely the star of that team. Dembele is not even a clear starter for France atm.

Not a big difference in club level, but as far as NT performances are concerned, Neymar at 21 was way ahead of Dembele at 20.
Neymar's international career has been quite impressive anyway, and he'll comfortably become Brazil's topscorer I reckon. However, put this Dembele in that 2013 Brazil side and I think he can have the same impact.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
They're only labeled as victims because many people here twist everything up so they can make Barca the villain, and further fuel their hate. Only explanation possible. You have people blaming Barca for not paying what Dortmund ask initially, and the same people laughing at Barca after they pay 150m saying it's way too much for a relatively unproven player.
Yea it is a bit weird

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
At the age of 20, Neymar won the South-American equivalent of the Champions League with Santos: the Copa Libertadores, scoring in the final. He was also 2 times South-American player of the year.

Dembélé is a fantastic acquisition for Barcelona.

Both players are great

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I don't get certain people

Dortmund is getting 150m for a player they paid 15m for, they are getting 10 times more than what they paid for him and somehow still people find a way to paint Dortmund as the victim here.

I find Dortmund unreasonable, how in godsname can you demand 150m for a player you picked up for 15m a year ago ? I understand they aren't happy he already wants to leave but that is just the way things work, if he explodes the way he has than bigger clubs will come after him and it is only natural the player wants it aswell, I mean how dare he have any sort of ambition right ?
Because they did not sign Dembele to lose him after only one season.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Would have loved to see Dembele tearing up our right wing at old Trafford. Yes £100m + is to much but the market is crazy right now. Pogba looks an absolute bargain now.

Nick7

The player is going on strike and disregarding the contract he signed because Barcelona told him to.

Oooh_aaah_cantona

Even for the price, I actually do not think Dortmund is asking for an unreasonable amount. Dembele is probably top 3 in that age bracket talent, can potentially give 5 good years and yet have great resale. Much better value than Coutinho's price.

In this current market, not many you can get to replace him with a similar profile. Don't forget other clubs will be squeezing Dortmund too, knowing they are sitting on this cash.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
The player is going on strike and disregarding the contract he signed because Barcelona told him to.
Or because he feels it is his only recourse to get a move he desperately wants because Dortmund is acting completly unreasonable in order to get it done in a normal sensible way.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
If Neymar was not sold and Dembele did not go on strike there would be no price since Dortmund would not even consider selling him this summer.

prtk0811

Or because he feels it is his only recourse to get a move he desperately wants because Dortmund is acting completly unreasonable in order to get it done in a normal sensible way.
:lol:
Bull shit. If he wanted barcelona he should have waited for Barcelona and not joined Dortmund from Rene's. Dortmund are right to ask what ever they deem fit at this point for them to sell.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Bull shit. If he wanted barcelona he should have waited for Barcelona and not joined Dortmund from Rene's. Dortmund are right to ask what ever they deem fit at this point for them to sell.
At the time Dortmund might have been his best option, if he feels that it is now Barcelona I don't see why he hasn't the right to go. In football you never know if you will get another chance to accomplish a dream move.

Anyway it is up to the player to decide where he wants to go and Dortmund needs to show a bit of respect for that. Not that they can't sell him for a big profit but asking 10 times what he was worth when they bought, is a bit insane and is essentially just blocking the transfer for the player. But ow auch now we are surprised that Dembele is unhappy...

The red panther

princess transfer emo
He has 4 years left on his contract Dortmund are not the ones being unreasonable here.
He could have 40 years on his contract, 150m is still an unreasonable price for a player who is 20 and mostly just potential as he still has loads to proof on the highest level.

Sarni

He could have 40 years on his contract, 150m is still an unreasonable price for a player who is 20 and mostly just potential as he still has loads to proof on the highest level.
Yeah those fecks at Dortmund, they should sell him for 50 million and then go buy nobody. How dare they demand what they feel is the right price for a player that's under contract with them.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
If it is an unreasonable price Barca should not pay it.
They don't have much alternatives and for Dembele this is also wrecking his dream.

Again they are free to ask whatever they want but if you are acting unreasonable don't be so surprised they other party starts being unreasonable aswell.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Yeah those fecks at Dortmund, they should sell him for 50 million and then go buy nobody. How dare they demand what they feel is the right price for a player that's under contract with them.
No not 50m but I think 100m is a really fine offer for someone like Dembele, to want 150m is just being greedy as feck.

But again they can be as greedy as they want, just stop playing the victim card in that case.

Shark

@NotShark
No not 50m but I think 100m is a really fine offer for someone like Dembele, to want 150m is just being greedy as feck.

But again they can be as greedy as they want, just stop playing the victim card in that case.

Barca are one of the richest clubs on the planet, they wipe their arse with 150m. Dortmund are fully in their right to demand whatever the hell they want.

Why are you so concerned about what Barca spend?

djdhrubs

They don't have much alternatives and for Dembele this is also wrecking his dream.

Again they are free to ask whatever they want but if you are acting unreasonable don't be so surprised they other party starts being unreasonable aswell.
Dortmund were likely well aware he'd end up at Barca. But not after one fecking year. And not so late in the window that they can't bring in reinforcements.

As is obvious given the problems Barca are having when everyone knows they have 222m sitting in the bank, Dortmund are not gonna be able to buy a replacement easily and for a fair price with 100-150m sitting in the bank.

You're seeing things too much from the player's point of view. Of course it's difficult for Dembele but he would have happily waited a year if PSG hadn't bought Neymar this summer.

Varun

Staff

Seen you say this number of times now, what's this about?

The red panther

princess transfer emo

Barca are one of the richest clubs on the planet, they wipe their arse with 150m. Dortmund are fully in their right to demand whatever the hell they want.

Why are you so concerned about what Barca spend?
I'am not, I'am just tired of people labelling Barcelona as the villain and Dortmund as the victim in this saga.

You are not the fecking victim when you sell players for 10 times what you bought them for. That is all.

Varun

Staff
He actually had the choice of joining Barca but chose to join Dortmund instead.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I'am not, I'am just tired of people labelling Barcelona as the villain and Dortmund as the victim in this saga.

You are not the fecking victim when you sell players for 10 times what you bought them for. That is all.
Here is the thing Dortmund would rather have Dembele than the money.

Sarni

Well, they don't want to sell him at all. They gave Barcelona a silly price, maybe even with hope of scaring them off, because they don't want to sell him for a 'fine offer'. They bought him a mere year ago hoping he could propel them to success and help them win over the next year, not have him feck off the very next year, needing to look for replacement in an inflated market.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

You're totally missing the fact that they've spent a year integrating him into the side, tied him to a long term contract and I imagine they have planned a lot around him being in the side. Just because Barca is his dream move, you can't just sack off your contract and down tools. Barca are actively trying to unsettle him, so Dortmund should ask for the highest possible price for him. They're not a victim, they're being just as snide as Barca are and all for them for doing it.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Seen you say this number of times now, what's this about?
I get the feeling the general consensus in this saga is that big bad Barcelona is trying to nick Dembele from Dortmund and in order to do so has poisoned his mind so he has stopped playing for Dortmund. Which is so low, so dirty, how dare they do that, those vile catalan cnuts.

Whilst it seems to me that Dortmund is just squeezing Barca for an unreasonable price (again 10 times more what they paid for him) and is causing the problems they have with Dembele themselves as he wants the move and Dortmund is just trying to do everything from derailing the transfer from happening.

I'am not trying to say what Dortmund should or should not do. I'am just saying if you ask 150m for Dembele, you are a bit Greedy and you can not claim the role of being the victim in all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.