Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jev

I always thought +100 million for Sancho seemed absurd. I wouldn't mind this happening. Decent price for a world-class talent. Looks to be gathering pace quickly.

dev1l

Only that is exactly what it says. They said no, then yes due to financial reasons. Then it says about Koeman. Seems like a story pulled out of thin air, which is exactly what it is.
Tbf I can see Koeman pushing Dembele out. Koeman was told he have to sell before he buys.

Tiber

I would settle for this for sure at that fee, ridiculous talent.
I'm not doubting the talent or the production pre Barca. But you look at how many games he played for Barca, the talk about his attitude etc... There are serious questions regarding this player

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Only that is exactly what it says. They said no, then yes due to financial reasons. Then it says about Koeman. Seems like a story pulled out of thin air, which is exactly what it is.
It's more that they can get the manager's choice in Depay for cheaper and get money into the club, whilst have a lot of talent already at the club that he sees ahead of him anyway.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Genuine question. Who do you guys prefer? Sancho or Dembele granted i have not watch both played much
If Barca said yes to our bid for Dembele, we're in seriously pleasant situation. Sancho prefers his right foot, Dembele can assist with both. If we need someone with left foot ability, we found one.

Still Jadon has better momentum, so I'll go with him, but having in mind we can have a great alternative for not so obnoxious price.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Genuine question. Who do you guys prefer? Sancho or Dembele granted i have not watch both played much
Sancho because he numbers are ridiculous plus he has a good injury record. But Dembele, going by certain fans here, is just as talented by all accounts.

SATA

What do the resident Barca fans think of this? We have a few here, don’t we? Did Dembele appear to be playing well the last couple of years?

Tiber

Sancho on the field is a hell of a lot more appealing that Dembele on the physio table

Kearnkoff69

Surely that couldn't happen
I give it only the slimmest chance of ever being an option, but it's a fun thought experiment to think about what we would do if Sancho told us next summer that we were still his first choice club.

ben.heff10

I'm not opposed to this as long as he's not on an absolutely ridiculous wage. He's still such a talented player and if he comes good for us, we'd have a world class player on our hands.

I'd still prefer Sancho but I think Dembele is a better plan B than someone like Bale or Perisic would have been.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Plus, if we go for Dembele ,at the rumoured fee, then I imagine deals for Telles and a striker could go through too.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ole has been clear that he wants a player that wants to join the club and join for the right reasons. Dembele doesn't want to come here, it's going to be a case of being surplus to requirements at Barcelona and just settling for us because no one else can take him at the time (akin to Di Maria).

His injury record and repeat offence to not taking training seriously doesn't stick to the mentality Ole is after, i.e. fit and eager. The only thing going for him is he's 1) young 2) quick and 3) talented
That's a naive idea, a player that is at a big club won't want to leave just for the sake of it, it will either be about money or game time. Manager say that type of nonsense in press conferences because it sounds nice but they all know that it's not how it works and if they actually believed in that they would never target players from big clubs and we both know that they target those players whenever they are available and they actively try to convince players to pick them when there is competition for their signing. Also we don't really know if Ole talked to Dembélé and if they have had a positive conversation or not.

There is also the possibility that it's a fabricated story.

FujiVice

For £55 million he'd be worth getting on top of the Sancho deal. You'd get your money back off him easily if you wanted to sell down the road.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Loan with option would be perfect if we can’t get Sancho.

Wayne's World

He's a bit like Coutinho at Inter, I remember he suffered constant injuries time and time again which didn't help in his development but once he went to Liverpool, Coutinho's injury problems went away and turned him into a top player who eventually went for 100+ million in a transfer.

If you kept him fit, he's possibly one of the most talented wingers in the world

GameOn

Oh no, oh please no!

Just pay Dortmund whatever they want for Sancho.

Dembele is a known lockerroom cancer (both in Dortmund and Barcelona). He's lazy, spoilt and injury prone.

choccy77

I wonder if, now that he has seemed to have matured, whether we could have consider going back for Depay again?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's a naive idea, a player that is at a big club won't want to leave just for the sake of it, it will either be about money or game time. Manager say that type of nonsense in press conferences because it sounds nice but they all know that it's not how it works and if they actually believed in that they would never target players from big clubs and we both know that they target those players whenever they are available and they actively try to convince players to pick them when there is competition for their signing. Also we don't really know if Ole talked to Dembélé and if they have had a positive conversation or not.

There is also the possibility that it's a fabricated story.
I do not think it's naive. Well reputable reporters such as Bouhafsi (today/yesterday) have said Dembele is outright not keen on leaving Barcelona. If he leaves it's because the club don't want him, rather than him not wanting to leave.

I disagree with managers saying things for the sake of it, with Ole specifically it's evident enough that he wants to change the dressing room culture and get a squad that identifies with the club, that it's an honor to play for them etc. Even if we accept it's whimsical, no manager out there will go for Dembele on an outright perm deal with his injury record + lack of professionalism on top.

I mean, Liverpool apparently asked for a loan and it was rebuffed, funnily enough because he wants to stay at Barcelona. So it goes back to my point, he doesn't really want to leave. If he was to leave it's because the club just don't want him and we're the only ones offering.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Dembele rejected us to go to Dortmund so our interest goes back. He hasn’t exactly set the world alight at Barca but he’s a top tier talent if he can stay fit. If he’s genuinely motivated to come here and prove Barca wrong I’d be up for it. If he’s coming to the only club stupid enough to give him a raise it would be a hard pass from me.

dove

So £55m for Dembele or double that for Sancho. Dembele's injury record is almost as bad as some of our gems like Jones...

BlueHaze

I refuse to believe this. Surely we are not that daft to sign the Phil Jones of the RW.

This guy practically resides in a rehab centre.

Castia

Dembele for 55m and if we could get 15-20 for Dan James it's not too bad.

Massive injury issues but when fit he's a top tier talent.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I refuse to believe this. Surely we are not that daft to sign the Phil Jones of the RW.

This guy practically resides in a rehab centre.
Yeah one would think surely that's not possible but this is United!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So £55m for Dembele or double that for Sancho. Dembele's injury record is almost as bad as some of our gems like Jones...
It may be money down the drain if he can't stay fit. Worried it's like a Baily situation where he's hyped from the injury table, comes on and takes time to get into games, and gets injured again.

Status
Not open for further replies.