Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redcy

Yeah we are never getting both, if we get Dembele no way does Sancho come, it makes no sense for him career wise.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That's just not going to happen in a billion years. it's one or the other or neither.
If United are going for a loan then I would hope that was why. Not saying it will happen.

Cassidy

Yeah we are never getting both, if we get Dembele no way does Sancho come, it makes no sense for him career wise.
James would be out to Leeds so wouldnt be so bad. Its as if people dont realise we need 2 wingers not 1 and we also need a striker so Greenwood could potentially move central.

Not saying it would happen mind you. But it would actually make perfect sense

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If United are going for a loan then I would hope that was why. Not saying it will happen.
You actually think we'll get Sancho and loan Dembele too??? Come on mate. That's clearly not going to happen is it? Dembele will be the alternative surely whether we agree with that or not.

Redcy

Yeah Sancho is not coming to us when Dembele is already there on the right wing. Dembele has as far as I can tell always played mainly as a right winger and so has Sancho. These are two world class talents they do not come to your club to fight over the same spot. They want to guarantee themselves game time. Dembele is the alternative to Sancho, and is the proverbial high risk strategy of all risky strategies. At 45m he could turn out to be the next falcao/di Maria or the next Robben.

Shiva87

Dembele or Sancho or both - I don't care. At this point, I'll even take Adama Traore if our club can manage it

Redcy

Dembele or Sancho or both - I don't care. At this point, I'll even take Adama Traore if our club can manage it
Traore would cost more than Dembele, and at this stage probably not much short of bloody sancho

Cassidy

You actually think we'll get Sancho and loan Dembele too??? Come on mate. That's clearly not going to happen is it? Dembele will be the alternative surely whether we agree with that or not.
My post literally say “Not saying this will happen”
It also say “I would hope”

Think if you read the post you would have answered your own question

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
My post literally say “Not saying this will happen”
It also say “I would hope”

Think if you read the post you would have answered your own question
But you'd hope it? It's blatantly obvious we wont get both.

Cassidy

But you'd hope it? It's blatantly obvious we wont get both.
Yes I would also hope we signed Upemencano doesn't mean I think we will. I also hope we win the league.... you catching on?

Hope has nothing to do with what you think will happen.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yes I would also hope we signed Upemencano doesn't mean I think we will. I also hope we win the league.... you catching on?

Hope has nothing to do with what you think will happen.
There' not much hope left for the club under its current regime.

lysglimt

Scout
he hasnt played 25 games in the last 12 months, barely played 30 in 22 months.
No but he played 42 the season before that - there is no guarantee he wont stay relatively injury free this season

Buy him ? absolutely not - on loan for one season, what is the risk ?

Siorac

The only way we should go for Dembele is a loan, regardless of Sancho (who's clearly not coming at this stage, surely everyone must realise that by now). Buying him outright would be the height of insanity.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Giggs has said on numerous occasions that yoga helped him massively with his injury prevention and especially his hamstrings. He didnt take it up till he hit his 30s. Not sure what Robben did to sort his hamstrings out but his injuries did tail off as he got older.
Robben was plagued by injuries at a similar age to Dembele and in his spell at PSV he sufferred two very bad hamstring injuries in his second season where he missed most of the season and returned for Euro 2004.

Robben moved to Chelsea and he was injured upon arrival and didn't make his debut for the club until November that season. And apart from one season at the club where he was relatively injury free, he was a sick-note and he was moved on to Real Madrid because Mourinho didn't like injury prone players according to Robben himself. At this juncture in his career he'd been a bigger crock than Dembele has been at the same age.

At Madrid he picked up a hamstring injury in the first few weeks and missed the start of the season. He then returned and played for a while before breaking down again with a ankle ligament injury. The following season at Madrid he broke down again a few months into the season and that was followed by a spate of muscle and calf injuries and Florentino Perez came in soon after as the President and prioritized the exit of the player due to his constant injuries.

And it was at Bayern at the age of 25 where the German clubs medical/fitness department finally rectified his fitness issues. And their financial outlay turned into a bargain which culminated in them winning the European Cup with Robben a key player.

RkkMan

Robben was plagued by injuries at a similar age to Dembele and in his spell at PSV he sufferred two very bad hamstring injuries in his second season where he missed most of the season and returned for Euro 2004.

Robben moved to Chelsea and he was injured upon arrival and didn't make his debut for the club until November that season. And apart from one season at the club where he was relatively injury free, he was a sick-note and he was moved on to Real Madrid because Mourinho didn't like injury prone players according to Robben himself. At this juncture in his career he'd been a bigger crock than Dembele has been at the same age.

At Madrid he picked up a hamstring injury in the first few weeks and missed the start of the season. He then returned and played for a while before breaking down again with a ankle ligament injury. The following season at Madrid he broke down again a few months into the season and that was followed by a spate of muscle and calf injuries and Florentino Perez came in soon after as the President and prioritized the exit of the player due to his constant injuries.

And it was at Bayern at the age of 25 where the German clubs medical/fitness department finally rectified his fitness issues. And their financial outlay turned into a bargain which culminated in them winning the European Cup with Robben a key player.
Problem is we`re not well ran like Bayern and our medical team is just as bad as Barca`s so higher chance he continues his injury woes here unfortunately pointless signing

Rolaholic

Permanent buy??

That's the final nail in the Sancho coffin I take it then...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Problem is we`re not well ran like Bayern and our medical team is just as bad as Barca`s so higher chance he continues his injury woes here unfortunately pointless signing
You could be right there mate and the thought did cross my mind when I was typinng my previous post.

gajender

Neither were Bayern when they bought Robben

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Permanent buy??

That's the final nail in the Sancho coffin I take it then...
Not really, it opens up the possibility of us still signing Sancho next season because I believe Sancho better suits playing as the LWF in the longrun.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
IF this one happens Duncan Castles was on this very early. The podcast is decent.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Agent P doing the lords work :drool:
Persuading a player to join us who clearly doesn't want to leave Barca? And an injury prone player at that. Rather him keep quiet and focus on his own game which needs to improve massively.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Persuading a player to join us who clearly doesn't want to leave Barca? And an injury prone player at that. Rather him keep quiet and focus on his own game which needs to improve massively.
Most players wouldn't want to leave Barca.

Rolaholic

Should've expected that of course he'd get shat on when he tries to the squad a solid too :lol: :rolleyes:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
At this point I’d take Curly from Coronation Street if it means Dan James stops starting for us. Please sign Dembele.

El-Manos

Agree with this. I’d be happy with a loan deal but it’s risky buying this guy for big bucks. I’m afraid our options are limited though.

Judas

Open to offers
My whole view would be different if I could trust the lad to stay fit, but I don't at all. What good is a signing if you feel like they'll barely play? What benefit is it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Robben is also my main reference. I loved him from the beginning but when Real Madrid got rid of him, I was torn between the idea of United pouncing on a genuinely great potential and taking a big risk on an injury prone player. I feel that Dembélé is in the same bracket, with the small caveat about Barcelona being generally terrible with players fitness management, Alba being an example among their big names that people probably overlook.

Now it's also fair to say that Robben was still a sick note at Bayern and his muscular injuries were seemingly chronic, more than simply being due to lifestyle or poor medical support. I suspect that the same is true for Dembélé and the question for me is whether United will be able to manage Dembélé similarly, manage the fact that he will have niggles, that he will need to be constantly monitored and should never be left dealing with it by himself?

ovoxo

My whole view would be different if I could trust the lad to stay fit, but I don't at all. What good is a signing if you feel like they'll barely play? What benefit is it.
Agreed!

He is really talented but there have been question marks over his attitude, and injury record. I highly doubt this is someone that Ole wants given the attitude issue. This is the board trying to get someone in and saying to Ole to get on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.