Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHaze

Dear god we are going to end up loaning this permanently injured waste of space arn't we ?

HowYouDoin

He would be the biggest talent at the club. Better than even Martial. lets hope he doesnt get injuries while eh is here.
Mason is a bigger talent but yeah Dembele is insanely talented. Ballon D'Or talent in his own right.

BlueHaze

He would be the biggest talent at the club. Better than even Martial. lets hope he doesnt get injuries while eh is here.
Never said he's not talented he's just literally injured all the time. This league is a lot more physical demanding than spain as well and he would guaranteed spend most of his time on the sideline.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Dear god we are going to end up loaning this permanently injured waste of space arn't we ?
He's supremely talented but trust us to either chase him pointlessly and fail or sign him for a mega fee that doesn't match his fitness record..

SambaBoy

Don't see much wrong with the transfer if Sancho isn't happening. Seems Dortmund are resigned to losing him next summer and let's hope we have an agreement in place for then, and that this summer hasn't put him or Dortmund off selling to us.

Whilst we wait till next summer (if we bring in Sancho) we still need a RW. There's a lack of quality options out there to buy and some of the names mentioned are underwhelming. £40m on Brooks or Sarr when they are not much better James is a pretty poor move just for the sake of bringing someone in. I don't think either would add much quality to our first team.

Dembele when he's fit instantly would, on his day he's one of the world best wingers. The risk is in his injury record which is negated somewhat by a loan move. If he comes here and is injured constantly then we let him go back to Barca and are not stuck with a player on big wages that we can't shift. I'd rather have Dembele play a minimum of 15-20 games this season than Brooks or Sarr constantly available. Greenwood obviously need his game time managing so I don't want to rely on him all season. The drop off to Brooks/Sarr is quite significant IMO. Martial/Rashford/Greenwood sounds like a front line to be reckoned with, Martial/Rashford/Sarr doesn't as much. Dembele would be a threat no doubt.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Don't see much wrong with the transfer if Sancho isn't happening. Seems Dortmund are resigned to losing him next summer and let's hope we have an agreement in place for then, and that this summer hasn't put him or Dortmund off selling to us.

Whilst we wait till next summer (if we bring in Sancho) we still need a RW. There's a lack of quality options out there to buy and some of the names mentioned are underwhelming. £40m on Brooks or Sarr when they are not much better James is a pretty poor move just for the sake of bringing someone in. I don't think either would add much quality to our first team.

Dembele when he's fit instantly would, on his day he's one of the world best wingers. The risk is in his injury record which is negated somewhat by a loan move. If he comes here and is injured constantly then we let him go back to Barca and are not stuck with a player on big wages that we can't shift. I'd rather have Dembele play a minimum of 15-20 games this season than Brooks or Sarr constantly available. Greenwood obviously need his game time managing so I don't want to rely on him all season. The drop off to Brooks/Sarr is quite significant IMO. Martial/Rashford/Greenwood sounds like a front line to be reckoned with, Martial/Rashford/Sarr doesn't as much. Dembele would be a threat no doubt.
The thing is that people, especially fans, tend to see footballers as commodities rather than people. But they are people, with the same issues, demons, ambitions as the rest of us. My concern about Dembele has never been his talent, it’s always been his temperament. His work ethic. His impact on the squad. It is a delicate eco system after all.

Of SAF was still our manager you’d see a figure with such leadership skills, and such personal power that you’d be confident of him either extracting the best from Dembele or knowing how to cut his losses in ruthless fashion. I just don’t see the support network here for him to flourish. It’s much more of a risk, and when that risk includes squad harmony, it becomes a much greater concern.

It seems apparent with Dembele that what he needs is a mentor. Can Pogba be that guy? It’s hard to tell.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
The thing is that people, especially fans, tend to see footballers as commodities rather than people. But they are people, with the same issues, demons, ambitions as the rest of us. My concern about Dembele has never been his talent, it’s always been his temperament. His work ethic. His impact on the squad. It is a delicate eco system after all.

Of SAF was still our manager you’d see a figure with such leadership skills, and such personal power that you’d be confident of him either extracting the best from Dembele or knowing how to cut his losses in ruthless fashion. I just don’t see the support network here for him to flourish. It’s much more of a risk, and when that risk includes squad harmony, it becomes a much greater concern.

It seems apparent with Dembele that what he needs is a mentor. Can Pogba be that guy? It’s hard to tell.
If the rumours are true about his attitude being down to innocent immaturity, rather than any sort of overly-negative/toxic traits, then maybe his situation is entirely salveagable.

Bondi77

I cannot believe we are looking at this clown,
Three things that people keep saying are: supremely talented, shocking attitude and injury prone and he is like this at his dream club so I can only imagine what he would be like at one he does not want to be at.
People talk about the money Barca paid for him but that was all because of the ridiculous amount of money that PSG paid for Neymar and that was evident when they paid a similar amount for Coutinho who was a 50mil player maximum.
Absolute disaster if we bring him in.

RashyForPM

I cannot believe we are looking at this clown,
Three things that people keep saying are: supremely talented, shocking attitude and injury prone and he is like this at his dream club so I can only imagine what he would be like at one he does not want to be at.
People talk about the money Barca paid for him but that was all because of the ridiculous amount of money that PSG paid for Neymar and that was evident when they paid a similar amount for Coutinho who was a 50mil player maximum.
Absolute disaster if we bring him in.
Coutinho was worth 50mil maximum?! That’s ludicrous. He’s still at least worth 65 to 70mil now, and that’s minimum. Back then he was worth at least 90mil after ripping up the PL for 3 seasons.

Bondi77

Coutinho was worth 50mil maximum?! That’s ludicrous. He’s still at least worth 65 to 70mil now, and that’s minimum. Back then he was worth at least 90mil after ripping up the PL for 3 seasons.
Your valuation is ludicrous but let us see what he goes for as Barca do not want him.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well Barca did bought him for 145m just 3 years ago, I would be surprise if there willing to let him go for mere 45m, that would represent 100m loss. Perhaps 65m plus add ons would be more realistic in current market?

NK86

When did Coutinho ever "rip up" the PL. He was a good player but that's about it. He was never a 90 mil or above player. Barca got fleeced, nothing new there though tbh.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
When did Coutinho ever "rip up" the PL. He was a good player but that's about it. He was never a 90 mil or above player. Barca got fleeced, nothing new there though tbh.
The Caf love a good hyperbole. He didn't rip up the PL even for a year let alone 3. The Caf has some nut takes. :lol:

LonelyFire

Yep, it really sounds like Koeman likes him.....

"If I think about not choosing a player, you have to think about the game," he told reporters.

"We went ahead with the opening goal and we had players on the bench in Pedri and Trincão who can bring more than Dembélé can, to be decisive, to make changes in that sense."

He’s played 20 mins as a sub under Koeman. Barca will definitely sell - it’s just a matter of the offer. To be honest, I think they’ll get desperate enough to let him go on loan if we cover all of his wages.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Would definitely take him on loan

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

"If I think about not choosing a player, you have to think about the game," he told reporters.

"We went ahead with the opening goal and we had players on the bench in Pedri and Trincão who can bring more than Dembélé can, to be decisive, to make changes in that sense."

He’s played 20 mins as a sub under Koeman. Barca will definitely sell - it’s just a matter of the offer. To be honest, I think they’ll get desperate enough to let him go on loan if we cover all of his wages.
If we are interested then, yes, I think that's the game we're playing here.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

It's an interesting quote because the AS reporter basically made up his own thing. Koeman said that they were up one goal for a while, the players were tired(because they were playing 10v11) and he thought that Pedri and Trincao could bring more defensively than Dembélé.

Redcy

Where do people get this idea that if a player gets injured on loan you send him back? That’s not how any transfer works. If he gets injured we pay for him for the year.

Redcy

The chances of dembele play 15 games this year based on the last 18 months is low. He has only just play 15 games in 18 months

LonelyFire

It's an interesting quote because the AS reporter basically made up his own thing. Koeman said that they were up one goal for a while, the players were tired(because they were playing 10v11) and he thought that Pedri and Trincao could bring more defensively than Dembélé.
I don’t think that changes anything. Barca need money. He’s got a ton of options in those positions and given the type of coach he is, he will pick others before he picks Dembele (unless he starts to change his game). Barca will absolutely sell for the right price.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'd be quite pleased with signing this guy on loan or for a reasonable price. If he's here to prove something we know what talent he has and if we signed Sancho next year as well we'd have 5 talented forwards, one of whom is quite injury prone, so not a million miles away from how Bayern manage their squad.

JPRouve

Scout
Where do people get this idea that if a player gets injured on loan you send him back? That’s not how any transfer works. If he gets injured we pay for him for the year.
That's incorrect. What we pay or not pay depends on the agreement between both clubs, you can pay on a per game basis or sets of games, you can agree on an injury protection and you can include all sorts of performance related bonuses.

JPRouve

Scout
I don’t think that changes anything. Barca need money. He’s got a ton of options in those positions and given the type of coach he is, he will pick others before he picks Dembele (unless he starts to change his game). Barca will absolutely sell for the right price.
It changes everything, AS quotes are BS. You started your post with a premise that was influenced by an heavily doctored quote which is by the way shameful from the reporters when we have the video of the press conference. Now on the point that you make in this post, I agree, Barcelona need money and they could do without Dembélé but that's just common sense and has nothing to do with the last game or fabricated quotes.

LonelyFire

It changes everything, AS quotes are BS. You started your post with a premise that was influenced by an heavily doctored quote which is by the way shameful from the reporters when we have the video of the press conference. Now on the point that you make in this post, I agree, Barcelona need money and they could do without Dembélé but that's just common sense and has nothing to do with the last game or fabricated quotes.
I meant it doesn’t change anything as in Koeman isn’t going to dig his heels in to keep a player he clearly doesn’t need.

RashyForPM

Your valuation is ludicrous but let us see what he goes for as Barca do not want him.
Let me give you an example. Pogba came for £89million, so United and Juve thought he was worth that. Coutinho played better than Pogba in their time together in the PL. Put two and two together and there you have it.
The Caf love a good hyperbole. He didn't rip up the PL even for a year let alone 3. The Caf has some nut takes. :lol:
Coutinho stats 15-16: 8 goals, 5 assists in 26 games. Fair play, he didn’t rip it up here, but it’s good. 1 goal contribution every 2 games for a team who finished 8th

16-17: 13 goals, 7 assists in 31 games. 20 goal contributions. Depends on your definition of ripped it up. For me, a player with 20 goal contributions has ripped it up.

17-18: 7 goals, 6 assists in 14 games. I mean, if this doesn’t constitute ripping it up, I don’t know what does. By the way, this got Barca to spend £140m on him. So, how is this not a £90m player?

Don’t think I’m the one with the nut take here...

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Let me give you an example. Pogba came for £89million, so United and Juve thought he was worth that. Coutinho played better than Pogba in their time together in the PL. Put two and two together and there you have it.
Coutinho stats 15-16: 8 goals, 5 assists in 26 games. Fair play, he didn’t rip it up here, but it’s good. 1 goal contribution every 2 games for a team who finished 8th

16-17: 13 goals, 7 assists in 31 games. 20 goal contributions. Depends on your definition of ripped it up. For me, a player with 20 goal contributions has ripped it up.

17-18: 7 goals, 6 assists in 14 games. I mean, if this doesn’t constitute ripping it up, I don’t know what does. By the way, this got Barca to spend £140m on him. So, how is this not a £90m player?

Using Barca as an argument to try and make your case about Countinho's value isn't as sound an argument as you think it is. :lol:

Barca have been spending money recklessly the last few years and paying way over the odds which is why they've found themselves in their current dire financial situation.

RashyForPM

Using Barca as an argument to try and make your case about Countinho's value isn't as sound an argument as you think it is. :lol:

Barca have been spending money recklessly the last few years and paying way over the odds which is why they've found themselves in their current dire financial situation.
Read my post mate. I didn’t say they didn’t pay over the odds, but that Coutinho was worth £90m. You think he’s worth closer to 50 than 90 in this current market?!

Bondi77

So Pogba at 89mil is the bench mark for how other players valuations are measured....dearie dearie me.:yawn::yawn:
In terms of tearing up the Premier League I put Bale, Suarez ,Ronnie in that category and certainly not Coutinho whom I thought had good stats but nothing jaw dropping.
As I have said before the reason why his price tag was high was because Barca had over 200mil from the Neymar money and Liverpool were the beneficiaries.

Last edited:

Ranchero

Everyone is aware of Ousmane Dembele and the kind of attributes he possesses and what he would bring to the team. I know we all want Sancho but if we aren't able to get him, would you consider getting him if he was being quoted for 37m?

He's only 23 years of age and he's just as talented as Mbappe. He just hasn't kicked on at Barca

http://mufclatest.com/barcelona-for...erting-manchester-united-and-arsenal-reports/
For me, I cannot see how we could lose by getting him on loan with an OPTION to buy for a certain fee. If we can get him clicking he is potentially world class. Yes he has injury issues, but that is why you get him on loan first.

RashyForPM

Hmm, by this definition Rashford "ripped up" the Premier League last season, which does seem a bit hyperbolic to me.
He did didn’t he, especially before his injury. I thought he was sensational before that. Without him, we’d have been close to bottom half.

Status
Not open for further replies.