Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I'd still have him, on loan with obligation to buy preferably, given the state or non-state of the Sancho deal.

The fact that he never had these health concerns before Barcelona makes me wonder if a change of scenery could help get him back on track. He's still just 23 so I'll never totally write a classy talent off that young but I really hope we can ease him carefully if we do get him.
I think it's fairly normal for yung players to have a few injuries here and there. No surprise with him with the pace he has its hamstring issues. He'll learn to manage it with experience.

Lord

Just what we need, another lazy player, should fit right in with Pogba.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think he’s a real talent but I just can’t get excited about it after today. Why have we not tried to sign a CB?

AneRu

Seems like this is happening.
The worrying thing is that this signing will be a project signing where we are hopeful that our management and senior players would be able to help him turn a corner mentally but we are a shambles too so who will mentor him?

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
This is like shopping for a Halloween costume, for months you've been gloating about the epic costume you've seen in a shop, pricey, but looks amazing. The date nears, you still haven't organised yourself to buy it but you keep saying to your pals 'wait for it, it'll look awesome'.

October 30th rolls around, you haven't bought it, the only free time you have is on the 31st between 4:30 - 5pm. You go into the shop, the costume is gone, you have to settle for a second hand slutty nurse outfit with the hat missing. There's a stain around the crotch. You attend the party with a forced smile. 'This is fiiiiine!'

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Good to see you're at least consistent with your constant dismay at just about anything.
Nah. I judge things on a case by case basis. You just parrot unobjective praise for anything we do. I was massively in favour of signing VDB. Never seen Telles play so can’t comment on him. Would be in favour of Dembele on loan. If we spend money on him and give him a 5 year contract with his documented issues and after he played 8 games last year we’re utter morons.

Rolaholic

A whole host of journos are pushing this right now with claims that Ole wants it done and I expect that to grow with the Memphis news...

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Why do people think signing a CB is going to help? It won’t. Maguire has been a waste of money. I’d rather concede goals and try and out score this season. For that we need a RW.

LonelyFire

Nah. I judge things on a case by case basis. You just parrot unobjective praise for anything we do. I was massively in favour of signing VDB. Never seen Telles play so can’t comment on him. Would be in favour of Dembele on loan. If we spend money on him and give him a 5 year contract with his documented issues and after he played 8 games last year we’re utter morons.
To be fair, we don’t need to do that to prove we’re morons. We’ve been doing it to a world class level for 7 years.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Can we buy Vorlander/Vornander from PES 2 create a team fame? That boy was a stallion, kept him in my team even when I had world cup winners surrounding him. He could hold his own.

Bojan11

This is like shopping for a Halloween costume, for months you've been gloating about the epic costume you've seen in a shop, pricey, but looks amazing. The date nears, you still haven't organised yourself to buy it but you keep saying to your pals 'wait for it, it'll look awesome'.

October 30th rolls around, you haven't bought it, the only free time you have is on the 31st between 4:30 - 5pm. You go into the shop, the costume is gone, you have to settle for a second hand slutty nurse outfit with the hat missing. There's a stain around the crotch. You attend the party with a forced smile. 'This is fiiiiine!'
You watch love island.

R'hllor

The way how he left Dortmund and his performances in Barca, anyone remembers outrage here when he missed in last minute vs Liverpool at home. Things getting better and better, bloody hell.

Berbaclass

I parrot unobjective praise for everything? Because I'm in favour of signing Dembele and Cavani? Generalise much?

redshaw

Barca will be giddy to get a big chunk of money for a crocked player so they can boost their squad.

Dembele is talented but no use if his legs are gone and we have a squad of unfit players to boot. We need able bodied players yet we could be spending half the Sancho money on Dembele and paying 200k a week for a 33 year old Cavani who might be fit at Christmas and has has some serious injuries. I wouldn't mind if the we had a squad raring to go but this feels like 2015 all over again.

I'd love a loan, Barca would love a chunk of cash, I'd rather not give them a leg up and be a leg down and potential large loss if he can't recover from injuries.

Delano

I think we will pull the trigger on this.

I love Dembele as a player. His ability to dribble and turn equally well with both feet is an amazing weapon to have against a full back. It creates a unpredictably thats messes with defenders.

I'll never forget when he destroyed Rojo and his ankles in a friendly when we played Dortmund. The Dembele I saw that day is the exact player we are crying out for.

Problem is, injuries have derailed his career, we should go for a loan with a purchase option and see how it goes.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Barcelona now have Griezmann, Messi, Memphis, Coutinho, Fati, Trincão, Braithwaite, Pedri for their front 3 positions.

Surely they may be open to loan Dembele, we can even stick a buy option the way the fraudulent Italian clubs do.

MrSingh2002

Do not want. Do not need a panic buy purely for not getting Sancho.

I'd rather have Zaha or Sarr who will do a decent job than a confirmed crock.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Some will hate it but he's a quality player. Unreal pace and great with both feet. Won't take him long to win people over.

Certainly not the worst alternative to Sancho...

TBF who says we can't get Sancho as well next season.
It's definitely a panic deal, but panic deals are better than nothing at this stage. Obvious risks are the fitness and motivation. But the upside is huge. The last thing we want to do is spend big on a player who doesn't want to join IMO, especially someone who will be in the injury room half the time. The quality is undeniable, but we'll see how it pans out if we do sign him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We are signing both Dembele (loan) and Sancho.
that would be our best widow since Fergie but I think we are probably going to end up with neither. Cavani, Telles, Pellistri tomorrow. Probably Brooks or Sarr sometime next week. If we’d gone straight out and bought those players when the widow opened and briefed we were a bit skint due to covid most fans wouldn’t have minded so much. The extra month together would have been a help. The problem is that it always looks like they are just making it up as they go along in the final moments of any given window....

Last edited:

Berbaclass

It's definitely a panic deal, but panic deals are better than nothing at this stage. Obvious risks are the fitness and motivation. But the upside is huge. The last thing we want to do is spend big on a player who doesn't want to join IMO, especially someone who will be in the injury room half the time. The quality is undeniable, but we'll see how it pans out if we do sign him.
Pretty much my thoughts. See how he does first before judging.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Worst case scenario, if we buy him, what are we thinking the fee would be?

WPMUFC

Dembele and Cavani :lol: at least our injury management team will make their wages this season. Holy cow. :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Pretty much my thoughts. See how he does first before judging.
Yep. It's like a flip of a coin whether it's a huge success or another failure. At least we're doing something, even if it's only because the start of the season has been horrendous...

Berbaclass

Yep. It's like a flip of a coin whether it's a huge success or another failure. At least we're doing something, even if it's only because the start of the season has been horrendous...
He'd technically be a panic buy yes, but I have no doubt that he has always been on the shortlist.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Looks like this is it now that Depay's confirmed.

Him, Cavani and Jones will be treatment room buddies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We must sign him if we have any hope of top 4. And hopefully we have a fitness plan tailored for him. This will be the biggest signing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.