Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahzy

Jesus Christ..... pure desperation.

Anything beyond a loan with an option to buy would be absolutely mental.

He's probably on massive fecking wages too.
Thats basically what it is. The guy is a crock and has been for years. Essentially this is like Bayern, Madrid coming in to buy Phil Jones in the hopes he suddenly (out of the blue) stops getting injured. I mean sure there is a chance but that chance is very low. Even at a loan there is a good chance we'll be paying him to stay at home and rehab for a portion of the season. Guarenteed hamstring issue

Lebo

I know many may not agree with this but our main problem in last few years is having players like Martial and Pogba (they are talented but not team players)
Looks like we might be adding more like that if we go to Dembele who appears have some issues with his off filed antics.
I don’t think you can classify Martial as someone who is not a team player. With Pogba I agree with you in that he is too complicated to incorporate into a dysfunctional team or any team really. As for dembele, I’m not really I’mpressed about his fitness record but should he be available for the knockout of champions league, that will be a huge boost.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Simmed a season on FM, one with Sancho and one with Dembele.

With Sancho we came 3rd

With Dembele we won the league :drool:

It's a sign...

Fox E Power

Simmed a season on FM, one with Sancho and one with Dembele.

With Sancho we came 3rd

With Dembele we won the league :drool:

It's a sign...
I bought him in FM a few weeks ago for around 60m and also signed Cavani on a free.
Demeble is always injured (no surprises)
Cavani bangs em in like Ibra for one season then goes to pot

Bojan11

Not sure why we dont go for Depay (if he'd come) as he is open to moving.
Sure he wants to go to Barcelona, but that is dependent on us taking Dembele.
Depay isn’t a winger. He’s best played down the middle.

Roboc7

You’d assume we’re not stupid enough to buy him but who knows with this club.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I have been pro Sancho for 2 years, but this is actually a very smart deal. A loan with option to buy would be ideal, it's a win for all parties ultimately. Allows us to be patient with Sancho and try again and if Dembele settles here and comes good then we do the deal and forget Sancho. Dembele gets an easy way into our team and will get significantly more opportunities here than at Barcelona and with the Euros looming it gives him a chance of breaking through again.

Yes there's risk attached with his injury record. But if he can overcome that then we'll end up with an excellent transfer, otherwise back to Barca he goes with us gunning for Sancho again. This is all assuming it's a loan with option to buy...

beingshe7don

I have been pro Sancho for 2 years, but this is actually a very smart deal. A loan with option to buy would be ideal, it's a win for all parties ultimately. Allows us to be patient with Sancho and try again and if Dembele settles here and comes good then we do the deal and forget Sancho. Dembele gets an easy way into our team and will get significantly more opportunities here than at Barcelona and with the Euros looming it gives him a chance of breaking through again.

Yes there's risk attached with his injury record. But if he can overcome that then we'll end up with an excellent transfer, otherwise back to Barca he goes with us gunning for Sancho again. This is all assuming it's a loan with option to buy...
Loan deal is not on the table. I think Barcelona are expecting United to buy Dembele for 60m. Next season, Liverpool could look to replace either Salah or Mane with Sancho and we could be stuck with injury-prone Dembele.

UDontMessWith24

Regardless of who’s fault it is, the atmosphere at the club on every level is awful. Maybe these additions will lift everyone’s spirits, but isn’t this the type of kid that needs a structure that we currently surely don’t have? Nobody can say he isn’t supremely gifted with a straight face so if we can somehow unlock that he’s a game changed.

beingshe7don

If we don't plan on getting Sancho and will end up getting O Dembele, I wouldn't mind getting Ishmael Sarr in on loan from Watford with an obligation to buy. I think we need to have competition for the RW and we could perhaps sell Dan James to Leeds.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
All those saying loan, what are your thoughts if we're actually about to buy him?
Initial thoughts would be poor deal if we pay 50 million considering his injuries.

Once he is signed then all we can do is pray that he stays fit.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Its not. He is injury prone and with poor attitude.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
All those saying loan, what are your thoughts if we're actually about to buy him?
Potential pay off could be huge but it's a risky one (given the woeful injury record) and given Sancho is available I'd rather sign him in January/next summer if we can. Loan with a decent loan fee and option price for Dembele would be good as his ability is special.

croadyman

Potential pay off could be huge but it's a risky one (given the woeful injury record) and given Sancho is available I'd rather sign him in January/next summer if we can. Loan with a decent loan fee and option price for Dembele would be good as his ability is special.
Feel sick to say it especially with his injury history but think it's the best option out there

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Feel sick to say it especially with his injury history but think it's the best option out there
I wouldn't pay serious money for him as much as I rate him as a talent. Much rather pay a monster fee for Sancho next season. He's better, wants to play for us and keeps fit. Also I rate his football brain higher. Much rather pay 120 million for him than even 60 million for Dembele as we will not sign both. If we can't get Sancho this summer, try to get Dembele on loan and ensure through sales etc we get Sancho in January or next summer, is how I'd see it. If it's only buy for Dembele, leave it alone as the fee would be too high.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Why on earth would he want to join us after the start to the season we've had. Sancho won't be joining next summer if we don't have champions league football and judging by our defence its gonna be hard to get top 10

croadyman

I wouldn't pay serious money for him as much as I rate him as a talent. Much rather pay a monster fee for Sancho next season. He's better, wants to play for us and keeps fit. Also I rate his football brain higher. Much rather pay 120 million for him than even 60 million for Dembele as we will not sign both. If we can't get Sancho this summer, try to get Dembele on loan and ensure through sales etc we get Sancho in January or next summer, is how I'd see it. If it's only buy for Dembele, leave it alone as the fee would be too high.
Yeah I get the impression that the club will only take him on a loan deal,however honestly believe this is our only chance to sign Sancho

Varun

Staff
Sancho is not going to be as straightforward a deal as it was this summer though. Top 4, competition, lots of things in our favour this year which may not be the case next summer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The problem is Poch wouldn't take the job as he would want someone in place who understands transfers
Poch is against a Sporting director model so would jump at the chance to manage us. It's Nagelsmann or Rose who we should target. I was watching Rose's Gladbach on the weekend and his team are so well coached that they can toe to toe with the best and win. Alot of the players he has at his disposable would be scoffed at by many United fans. Rose and Maric would be a very dangerous appointment for our rivals IMO.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
This is a known issue and why I feel our club know that he's a risk worth taking.
Are United good at preventing and handling injuries? I'd have thought there's issues there too. If Dembele is fixable then he's as good a player as Sancho but it's a massive if. Face it though, United would be much better off investing in a suitable coach.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
The thing I like about this transfer is that his fifa card in Ultimate team will be insane for Utd.

Caesar2290

Yeah, but are there any players that joined us an improved their fitness record? I can easily give you 10 names who became perma-crocked after joining us.

I'm drawing a blank if we were to reverse the situation...

ayushreddevil9

Are United good at preventing and handling injuries? I'd have thought there's issues there too. If Dembele is fixable then he's as good a player as Sancho but it's a massive if. Face it though, United would be much better off investing in a suitable coach.
:lol: This shouldn't even be a question.

ayushreddevil9

Yeah, but are there any players that joined us an improved their fitness record? I can easily give you 10 names who became perma-crocked after joining us.

I'm drawing a blank if we were to reverse the situation...
RvP only but he had his own fitness coaches iirc. Or SAF managed him well.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Credit to @RkkMan for sharing the thread.

Malcolm blamed his injuries on how Barca conducted their training sessions. He said "at Barca players Don't train enough"! That's why I got injured so often at Zenit"

Last edited:

Caesar2290

RvP only but he had his own fitness coaches iirc. Or SAF managed him well.
Good shout. A bit of both actually. Though I would say he got over his injury proness at Arsenal the season before.

Moyes ran him into the ground the next season though.

ayushreddevil9

Good shout. A bit of both actually. Though I would say he got over his injury proness at Arsenal the season before.

Moyes ran him into the ground the next season though.
Which I am pretty sure that our manager will do too.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think the case here is that he's a explosive player and Barca had him training in low intensity sessions which is totally opposite to what we'd do and it would prepare him better for the season.

Malcolm who joined Zenit from Barca said it best, "At Barca we didn't train enough"

Status
Not open for further replies.