Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

He's ours if that's true

Would've preferred a loan initially to see how things go but the club does find itself in a desperate position all of a sudden with a day left in the window so I understand...

Other comparable wingers, especially from the Prem, would cost an arm and a leg this late

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I know business doesn't stop but potentially signing a player on a day like today just leaves me cold.

Steve Bruce

I know business doesn't stop but potentially signing a player on a day like today just leaves me cold.
I'm not up for this signing in particular, but the show must go on. Greenwood situation will sort itself out one way or another but we can't just stop because of it

ShinjiNinja26

If true this is probably the club reacting to the Greenwood situation. He’s not going to be playing anytime soon or maybe ever again so that’s now another position that needs filled. Dembele certainly wouldn’t be my first choice but the club are probably desperate as this has all hit us out of nowhere and doesn’t give us much time to react. £20m is far too much for this fella though.

Roboc7

Would have to be desperate to even take him on loan let alone sign him permanently. I have no idea why would even contemplate paying a fee for him, huge concerns over both injuries and attitude. Bringing a player like that into this squad which already has issues is just pure stupidity.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Would have to be desperate to even take him on loan let alone sign him permanently. I have no idea why would even contemplate paying a fee for him, huge concerns over both injuries and attitude. Bringing a player like that into this squad which already has issues is just pure stupidity.
Are we not currently desperate in light of today's events?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm not up for this signing in particular, but the show must go on. Greenwood situation will sort itself out one way or another but we can't just stop because of it
I guess.
I'm not particularly fond of this potential signing either, especially as Dembele himself has question marks over his head.

Still, solely bringing a signing in due to a player being arrested on suspicion of rape is a depressingly unique circumstance.

OleGunnar20

6 month loan sure but never on a permanent, the guys a nightmare. Sure he was a proper Wonderkid, but since then what has he to show for himself?

A career of unprofessional behaviour, near permanent injury issues and when fit - a maddening lack of cutting edge and game intelligence.

I'd rather see any of Pellestri / Shoretire / Mejbri get the minutes than lumber our squad with another useless primadonna.

But hey, I could be wrong.

Witchking

We've just lost one of our key players.

It's ok man. Greenwood situation has come late in the day. No one saw that coming. But we cannot and should not opt for Dembele as a solution and add to our problems even more.

He has not played in the league, he has to hit the ground running and if he hits the ground running, he will injure himself. Seriously we have the players.

Sancho, Elanga, Mata, Lingard for the left. We have Rashford who will play right and ones of the 4 above will switch in his absence.

Ronaldo, Cavani at the top. Should be sorted for the season. Next season we should see how Martial comes back and we will have Amad back as well

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
To be fair, we have already lost Martial and Diallo on loan and now Greenwood to jail on the last day, signing Dembele on loan wouldn't be too bad.

LWF: Rashford, Elanga
CF: Ronaldo, Cavani
RWF: Sancho, Dembele?

If not, is it possible to recall Diallo back from loan?

Cheekiey

I’d rather us panic buy Raphinha for £60m, at least we’d know he’d make an instant impact, PL experience and has played with Bruno before. As talented as Dembele is, he doesn’t strike me as a ‘team‘ player hence why I never thought Barcelona ever suited him. Never mind him being constantly injured playing a handful of games a season. Raphinha as a last minute panic buy would be my choice.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I’d rather us panic buy Raphinha for £60m, at least we’d know he’d make an instant impact, PL experience and has played with Bruno before. As talented as Dembele is, he doesn’t strike me as a ‘team‘ player hence why I never thought Barcelona ever suited him. Never mind him being constantly injured playing a handful of games a season. Raphinha as a last minute panic buy would be my choice.
We should get a discount for letting DJ leave for them for so cheap.. but agreed, would rather "panic buy" a player of his ilk than washed out player who is not even close to his level now anyway...

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Going for Dembele in any capacity but a loan is pure stupidity that suggests we're never, ever going to learn our lessons in the market.

Strootman's Finger

Romano says nothing in this so far, but this seems exactly like that type of shit transfer we would make, overrated, injury prone player that will sell some shirts.

RC89

I'd be shocked if we hadn't known about Greenwood story breaking today for a little while and that drove our interest in the first place.

I still doubt we're signing anyone.
How would we know that? It wasn't a story the media broke, she posted it on her own social media. I doubt she called Ed to give him the heads up first.

lsd

The Oracle
Romano says nothing in this so far, but this seems exactly like that type of shit transfer we would make, overrated, injury prone player that will sell some shirts.

Well obviously it hasn't been confirmed yet then he will come in like he was first with the news as usual

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
How would we know that? It wasn't a story the media broke, she posted it on her own social media. I doubt she called Ed to give him the heads up first.
Yeah good point.

Red Royal

If anything a cheap loan with a cheap option not obligation to buy is the most we should do. Still think we steer clear, but it has all the signs of a United transfer all over it.

Cheekiey

We should get a discount for letting DJ leave for them for so cheap.. but agreed, would rather "panic buy" a player of his ilk than washed out player who is not even close to his level now anyway...
Exactly, especially with the scousers now out of the race for him having signed Diaz, for immediate impact which we need right now imo,Raphinha is who I’d go for.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Second part is of course nonsensical on several levels.

As for the first part, not saying it would be a good move for either club or, to be honest, player, but he is a player of amazing, world class quality when fit.
Dembele is a long way from being a world-class player, his decision making is horrible and that makes him tremendously inconsistent and also lazy. He should improve a lot to be considered an important player.

Rolaholic

Raphinha would absolutely improve the squad but at this stage of the window Leeds would likely want something like 70m for him and if United were involved you can tack on an extra 10m :lol:

Zen

I'd take another wide forward.... some future tactic will make use of nothing in the middle but 6 wide forwards.

lsd

The Oracle
Yep it does. Also isn’t he on some sort of astronomical wage at Barca?? Like pogba and Ddg levels? No way we sanction that for a has been

I don't think he is on a bigger wage than anything we pay.

We seem to pay the biggest wages out of any club yet have little to show for it

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We are not signing him. Not a single source worth listening to has said we are in for him. Might change with Greenwood situation by tomorrow but as of now there is nothing to suggest we are even looking at him

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Was talk of PSG but L'Equipe reporting that PSG said no when Barca offered him

Status
Not open for further replies.