Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dong Fangzhuo

I'd be shocked if we hadn't known about Greenwood story breaking today for a little while and that drove our interest in the first place.

I still doubt we're signing anyone.
You think she gave the club a heads up before posting on insta?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
What a fecking awful signing this would be.

So shit Barca signed Traore to replace him.
Second part is of course nonsensical on several levels.

As for the first part, not saying it would be a good move for either club or, to be honest, player, but he is a player of amazing, world class quality when fit.

Swedish_Plumber

Please don’t sign him. He’s injury prone and so many stories about his lack of professionalism. Give Greenwood’s minutes to Sancho and then promote Hannibal onto the bench.

Swedish_Plumber

Hannibal isn’t a winger though.
That’s true. But he can come in and add depth in another position.

Rashford/Elanga, Ronaldo/Cavani, Sancho. Not ideal depth on that right side but it is what it is.

Dembele comes in and is no more effective than a Pepe at Arsenal or Pulisic at Chelsea.

Giggsyking

That’s true. But he can come in and add depth in another position.

Rashford/Elanga, Ronaldo/Cavani, Sancho. Not ideal depth on that right side but it is what it is.

Dembele comes in and is no more effective than a Pepe at Arsenal or Pulisic at Chelsea.
It is risk free if he joins on loan until the end of season. Why would you turn the opportunity to have someone on loan until summer? You can buy anyone else in the summer.

Guapa

Just like any new signing,it's a gamble to how they'll turn out.Personally I think he's a d*ck with no end product but right now,after today's news, I'd give him a try.Stranger things have happened.

Swedish_Plumber

It is risk free if he joins on loan until the end of season. Why would you turn the opportunity to have someone on loan until summer? You can buy anyone else in the summer.
Because he has a reputation of being unprofessional? And when trying to build a good ethos in the squad, signing someone like that is counter productive?

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Yes now this is a desperate signing United likely have to make. Greenwood will either never play for United again or not play for a long time (if proven innocent)

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
This is starting to make more sense… did the club know about Mason?
I am pretty sure the club knew -- maybe they were trying to provide him counselling/therapy etc recently.

The incident happened quite a few months ago. The girl probably tried to fix it but failed. Then escalated it to his/her parents and then eventually the club. But it must have failed (ie he threaten her again/since the October situation) and thus the nuclear option ie public leaking of the situation knowing that it would ruin him as a way of getting even on her or her party's part.

Mainoldo

Shame. Think numbers wise we could do with him considering latest reports.

SATA

We should rather be recalling Pellistri back who’s been doing nothing at Alaves than signing this bloke. Thank feck it’s all about the usual tabloids though. Last season i was sure we would have signed him if he was available (he was and he didn’t want to come) but we won’t be interested in him anymore now

Mainoldo

We should rather be recalling Pellistri back who’s been doing nothing at Alaves than signing this bloke. Thank feck it’s all about the usual tabloids though. Last season i was sure we would have signed him if he was available (he was and he didn’t want to come) but we won’t be interested in him anymore now
The difference between Dembele and that other bloke is like Premier League to League 1.

TsuWave

We should rather be recalling Pellistri back who’s been doing nothing at Alaves than signing this bloke.
This bloke is galaxies ahead of Pellistri in terms of footballing ability. He's injury prone though, but if the manager is an admirer then

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
United made the choice in Sancho, which was logical thing to do. Pellistri & Amad was also somekind of statement that we won't go any further after Dembele.

marktan

Get him in for cheap, apply some super glue and some of Peps meds to fix his legs, and then sign Saint Max and convert Rashford to a striker. Get Bissouma in and we'll steamroll teams. *

Saint Max - Rashford / Tony M - O.Dembele
Fred/Mct - Bissouma - Bruno
Dalot - whichever defenders are fit - x2 - Shaw

Total spend would be about £100m on those 3 players and our attacking output would be transformed.

*may or may not happen

Last edited:

dove

How would recalling someone that is doing nothing at Alaves, improve us in any way? I am not saying Dembele is worth getting but comparing him with Pellistri just makes no sense. We definitely can do worse than getting Dembele on a 6 month loan.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I think he’s the last thing you need, even if he is going for a “bargain”.

Castia

Thought this deal seemed strange but with Martial gone and Greenwood probably out of contention we’re suddenly short in attack

Oranges038

How would recalling someone that is doing nothing at Alaves, improve us in any way? I am not saying Dembele is worth getting but comparing him with Pellistri just makes no sense. We definitely can do worse than getting Dembele on a 6 month loan.
Yeah, like bringing Martial back.

Status
Not open for further replies.