Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red00012

Like when Neville said David Luiz v Germany was like watching a child play PlayStation. Dembele Could be worth a gamble for a settled club with a steady dressing room to focus him and improve him but that’s clearly not us.
We have enough of players with issues

SAFMUTD

Brining an unmotivated money driven injury prone player wouldnt be the wisest idea.

Theres a reason why no top teams are interesed.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Tuchel has a big crush on Dembele ever since their one season together. I can't blame him, he was magnificient for them at times, and maybe it will do him so good to be with him but this is another huge gamble by Chelsea and they haven't been very fortunate lately with their gambles.

northernfan

United only have the capacity to address one thing at a time. Martial is out, then Lingard, then 1 midfield..... By the time they get around to Dembele, next season will have started.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Dembele rumour just smacks of lazy journalism. It just isnt happening, i think he will end up renewing and accepting lower money - even after the sporting directors comments

allen7

He’ll take a wage cut and renew his contract with barcelona.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The rumors are getting too much for my liking, this is a racist overrated unprofessional injury prone and unnecessarily expensive player , I'll be very disappointed if we were actually in for him.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We’re a dead club right now anyway so just sign him for some excitement.

MalaysianRed7

I wouldn’t touch him with a million foot long barge pole. He’s a racist, and while I deplore every form of racism as any normal human being should, the identity of the person he abused obviously hits closer to home considering my race, which you can tell from my username. This would alienate every Asian United fan who I can tell you from first hand experience love the club more than you can ever imagine, just like signing Suarez would alienate every United fan in the world for the disgraceful Evra incident.

Not least the fact that the only time I’ve ever thought he was even possibly good enough for us was 4 years ago, his awful injury record and general attitude. One of those players who would grate on me even if he wasn’t racist.

mu4c_20le

Sancho on the left, Dembele on the right, Rashford off the bench. Holy crap, someone cancel the City title celebrations.

Volksie316

IF he join us, he will get injured almost right away and never play.

If he goes somewhere like Chelsea etc, he will be injury free, and be a superstar.

We all know, that will happen.

BluesJr

A dead club. Just because you aren’t getting shiny new toys? Urgh horrid
The club is showing zero ambition to get into the top four in this window. The CM NEEDS bolstering and we are just doing nothing.

Minkaro

Could we become the first club to field a lineup exclusively made up of attacking midfielders?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Elanga and Rashford for the left (plus Sancho)

Greenwood and Sancho for the right.

We don't need anymore wingers. Would be such a club signing this though.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
The club is showing zero ambition to get into the top four in this window. The CM NEEDS bolstering and we are just doing nothing.
The club spent 130 million in the summer on Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo for fecks sake. This squad shouldn’t even be in a sodding top 4 battle - it doesn’t NEED bolstering to finish ahead of Arsenal and fecking Spurs. At some point the penny will drop that new shiny toys solve sod all if you aren’t a structured team all pulling in the same direction.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I wouldn’t touch him with a million foot long barge pole. He’s a racist, and while I deplore every form of racism as any normal human being should, the identity of the person he abused obviously hits closer to home considering my race, which you can tell from my username. This would alienate every Asian United fan who I can tell you from first hand experience love the club more than you can ever imagine, just like signing Suarez would alienate every United fan in the world for the disgraceful Evra incident.

Not least the fact that the only time I’ve ever thought he was even possibly good enough for us was 4 years ago, his awful injury record and general attitude. One of those players who would grate on me even if he wasn’t racist.
You are indeed correct, our club has a very decent reputation ( not laying of workers during Corona even though most clubs did it and etc) , it'll look terrible for the club to sign such a player after all the campaigning and gesturing we did in the past few years.

BluesJr

The club spent 130 million in the summer on Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo for fecks sake. This squad shouldn’t even be in a sodding top 4 battle - it doesn’t NEED bolstering to finish ahead of Arsenal and fecking Spurs. At some point the penny will drop that new shiny toys solve sod all if you aren’t a structured team all pulling in the same direction.
That’s all well and good but without a functioning midfield no team can progress properly. The only DM we have is Matic. It’s a complete joke.

SamVimes

Elanga and Rashford for the left (plus Sancho)

Greenwood and Sancho for the right.

We don't need anymore wingers. Would be such a club signing this though.
You mean a Woodward signing. I think this is just paper talk, because, you know, United.

CasaStreets

The only players you can sign in January that reliably make a difference in the back half of a season are forwards. We have enough depth there.

Center mids, defenders, and even wingers take a while to bed. Even Vidic and Evra were mixed performers (at best) in that second half of the '05-06 season after they joined in January.

I'll say it in every thread: the best thing we can do is sign nobody and clear out as many long-time underperforming players as possible to free up space (and wages) in the squad for the new manager this summer.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What did he do that was racist? I've completely missed this.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
What did he do that was racist? I've completely missed this.
Made racial remarks about the Japanese hotel workers who were transporting his luggage with the other Barcelona reject and idiot grizzman.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Relatively sure we are being used to drum up interest.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Relatively sure we are being used to drum up interest.
hmm, i am kinda certain he will end up in the prem now. But despite the reports... something tells me itll be the toon, spurs or arsenal

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
hmm, i am kinda certain he will end up in the prem now. But despite the reports... something tells me itll be the toon, spurs or arsenal
Yeah. But I think the Prem is an easy target league to drum up transfer interest. His agent can just plant a story about Premier League interest and hope some club bites. I don't buy it.

CloneMC16

I refuse to believe the club would be dumb enough to bring him in when we have more than enough wing options.

redshaw

As daft as the club has been I doubt we're in for him now. I just don't see where he fits in except the treatment table and holidays to Dubai.

Of course I can understand the temptation to turn the player around. Tuchel maybe thinking that, could be an okay gamble for Chelsea or Newcastle can offer him a big wage.

If we or Arsenal are in for him then I can only see it being on a relatively low wage.

Status
Not open for further replies.