Out of control dogs/dog attacks

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
How the feck can anyone have empathy? He knew what those dogs were bred for ….like a ticking time bomb. Lucky the boy wasn’t killed as well, the poor lad will probably suffer nightmares the rest of his life.

“Empathy“ my arse!
It's odd the shit people get soft over.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Why can't you just feel for the guy, while also acknowledging that he was very irresponsible? And then feeling 'more sorry' (whatever that means in this instance) for the woman.

Withnail

:lol: “get soft over”

God you’re a parody, you really are.

I assume the irony of you, of all people, sneering at someone who is distraught about a tragic event which ended up with his kid’s grandma and his two dogs being killed also escapes you?
Absolutely bizarre reaction from those lads. I had the same thought that it was a bit sociopathic as I was reading the responses. It's not like he had them off the lead in a park and they killed a stranger. Obviously he was wrong, but he clearly thought it would be fine as he left his son there and the grandmother knew the dogs.

It's an absolute tragic situation and by the way I was fully prepared to say feck that guy before watching the vid. My heart goes out to the poor young fella after witnessing that.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Absolutely bizarre reaction from those lads. I had the same thought that it was a bit sociopathic as I was reading the responses. It's not like he had them off the lead in a park and they killed a stranger. Obviously he was wrong, but he clearly thought it would be fine as he left his son there and the grandmother knew the dogs.

It's an absolute tragic situation and by the way I was fully prepared to say feck that guy before watching the vid. My heart goes out to the poor young fella after witnessing that.
Yeah, it's tragic his MiL died, but he made a conscious decision to buy that breed.

If he'd bought two chocolate labs, or two greyhounds this wouldn't have happened.

Why did he buy that specific breed per chance? Was it their loving nature or was it an image thing for a wannabe drill rapper, happy to own these dogs regardless of the huge risks.

Oh and he was also breeding them via Facebook to other dumbass, image obsessed families wanting an accessory that can kill grown men.

He's profiting from putting these animals into other people's homes for £500 a pop. Please guys, line up and express your support, admiration, sympathy for him.

I see someone crying with shame that they let this happen to their family, the same way murderers break down when they're sentenced.

Sorry I didn't line up to react to some soapy tit wank interview where he can cry on camera, profess his guilt (hoping to evade a custodial sentence) so saps online can "have sympathy" with him.

The entire situation is synonymous with a drink driver who kills their wife. The excuses can be used for both.

"I thought it was fine, I've never had a problem before"

"I've done it loads of times before, didn't have any accident"

"The risks are overblown, they don't apply to me"

"I know these roads, I'm only three miles from home"

"I'm a good driver"

Pray tell you sympathetic betters, you having much sympathy for the above?

Last edited:

Murder on Zidane's Floor

:lol: “get soft over”

God you’re a parody, you really are.

I assume the irony of you, of all people, sneering at someone who is distraught about a tragic event which ended up with his kid’s grandma and his two dogs being killed also escapes you?
Sneering? I just expect personal responsibility. Most people, themselves who struggle with the concept just love to absolve other people of theirs.

But parody? Yeah, every accusation and all that.

Withnail

Yeah, it's tragic his MiL died, but he made a conscious decision to buy that breed.

If he'd bought two chocolate labs, or two greyhounds this wouldn't have happened.

Why did he buy that specific breed per chance? Was it their loving nature or was it an image thing for a wannabe drill rapper, happy to own these dogs regardless of the huge risks.

Oh and he was also breeding them via Facebook to other dumbass, image obsessed families wanting an accessory that can kill grown men.

He's profiting from putting these animals into other people's homes for £500 a pop. Please guys, line up and express your support, admiration, sympathy for him.

I see someone crying with shame that they let this happen to their family, the same way murderers break down when they're sentenced.

Sorry I didn't line up to react to some soapy tit wank interview where he can cry on camera, profess his guilt (hoping to evade a custodial sentence) so saps online can "have sympathy" with him.

The entire situation is synonymous with a drink driver who kills their wife. The excuses can be used for both.

"I thought it was fine, I've never had a problem before"

"I've done it loads of times before, didn't have any accident"

"The risks are overblown, they don't apply to me"

"I know these roads, I'm only three miles from home"

"I'm a good driver"

Pray tell you sympathetic betters, you having much sympathy for the above?
:lol:

Go have a lie down.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Some drill rapper who was also a dog breeder owned the XL bullies which killed that poor woman in Jaywick. There was also a litter of puppies. The owner must have known the new law was coming into place, and still bred these monstrous animals. Now there's 6 more puppies which will presumably also be destroyed.

Rest in peace Esther Martin, it was a horrible and avoidable tragedy.
They aren't monstrous animals. They aren't pets but calling them monstrous is a bit much. Humans are way more sick and crazy and horrible but we still continue to breed those.

Withnail

Why? Because it’s been illegal for longer?
Perhaps I should have said irrelevant to the conversation at hand. I wasn't absolving the guy of any blame. Also the tone of the post was condescending with the pray tells and perchances, referring to the interview with the phrase soapy tit wank was all a bit odd and not something I was interested in engaging with seriously.

hobbers

I dont really see how you can feel much empathy watching that video.

Firstly it's been designed to try and evoke sympathy, with the different sympathetic camera angles, 'man stands sadly looking out the window from the kitchen sink' etc.

Also bare faced lies like "I didnt know bullys was aggressive or I wouldnt have bought one". He bought 2. And he used them in drill vids and was breeding them to make money on.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Why? Because it’s been illegal for longer?
Perhaps I should have said irrelevant to the conversation at hand. I wasn't absolving the guy of any blame. Also the tone of the post was condescending with the pray tells and perchances, referring to the interview with the phrase soapy tit wank was all a bit odd and not something I was interested in engaging with seriously.
The false equivalence I’d have probably singled out was the notion that yer man being upset about what happened is the equivalent to a murderer being upset when he’s sentenced. That was really quite something.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
They aren't monstrous animals. They aren't pets but calling them monstrous is a bit much. Humans are way more sick and crazy and horrible but we still continue to breed those.
I reserve the right to call sentient killing machines "monstrous animals". There are also some monstrous humans. I have some sympathy with the dogs, as they are acting on instinct and know no better.

If you have an XL Bully that doesn't eventually turn on you or someone else, I'd say you're very lucky.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I reserve the right to call sentient killing machines "monstrous animals". There are also some monstrous humans. I have some sympathy with the dogs, as they are acting on instinct and know no better.

If you have an XL Bully that doesn't eventually turn on you or someone else, I'd say you're very lucky.
There are breeds that have a stronger fighting instinct and when that is coupled with incredible jaw strength and an instinct not to let go it is a recipe for disaster.

There are lots of dog breeds available so not allowing a few isn't punishing anyone unless you want one precisely because it is (or looks) dangerous. In which case you are a weirdo and I don't care what you think.

I haven't watched that video but I'd say it is quite possible to have empathy for him even if he is an idiot who is lying to himself/us and the situation self-inflicted.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
There are breeds that have a stronger fighting instinct and when that is coupled with incredible jaw strength and an instinct not to let go it is a recipe for disaster.

There are lots of dog breeds available so not allowing a few isn't punishing anyone unless you want one precisely because it is (or looks) dangerous. In which case you are a weirdo and I don't care what you think.

I haven't watched that video but I'd say it is quite possible to have empathy for him even if he is an idiot who is lying to himself/us and the situation self-inflicted.
I definitely feel for the dog owner after watching the vid, he looks like a broken man.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Why can't you just feel for the guy, while also acknowledging that he was very irresponsible? And then feeling 'more sorry' (whatever that means in this instance) for the woman.
Because that would be breaking e-code and empathy distribution points, which must be summarily applied to one side and one side only. :nono:

Revaulx

Fair enough. I think he's a complete idiot, but I'm not sure that his "regret" was necessarily insincere.

Withnail

Fair enough. I think he's a complete idiot, but I'm not sure that his "regret" was necessarily insincere.
He may well be an idiot but making out that someone doesn't sincerely have regrets, when their son is now likely traumatised, after witnessing his grandmother being savaged by his own pets is a bold claim.

Wilt

Mistake to put out a ‘Sun’ interview/tape. Body language analysts will be all over it.

Last edited:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's funny when they put a stock image of a pit bull in these articles as though it were the perpetrator. Imagine if we did that with people like

Man sexually assaults woman

hobbers

Another one where even half a dozen people attacking it with blunt objects doesnt phase it or put a dent in the rampage at all.

You'd have way more chance stopping a mountain lion or bear attack because they have functioning brains and a sense of self preservation.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Another one where even half a dozen people attacking it with blunt objects doesnt phase it or put a dent in the rampage at all.

You'd have way more chance stopping a mountain lion or bear attack because they have functioning brains and a sense of self preservation.
I knocked out a pitbull in the countryside once, one punch to the face.