Owen Hargreaves | 2009/10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laphroaig

Don't be stupid he will walk back into the team as he is the only midfielder capable of doing his job.
The sooner he reclaims his place from that clown O'Shea the sooner I can relax once I see the second name on the team sheet.
Park to start Sunday. :(
I think [Valencia] is a dead rubber player, against the top teams we need more guile which he lacks so far.
Not in a good mood today?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Fletcher while is the closest to him in style of play lacks the natural aggression to unsettle teams, also I find that Fletch does his best work in the oppositions half while Hargo in our half.

"walk into the team" let me help you

Every CM is playing well now - if Hargo was fit for sunday - regardless of the form of our other CM's - he'd play.
No, no he wouldn't. You can't just disregard form like that.

Fletcher can do Hargreaves' job and more.

Nem 7

No, no he wouldn't. You can't just disregard form like that.

Fletcher can do Hargreaves' job and more.
You can't just disregard form like that? Tevez scored four goals in a match then got promptly dropped the next game.

If Fletcher could go Hargreaves' job 'and more' we wouldn't have spent twenty million for the pleasure of having two of them.

Name Changed

weso26
O'Shea is a good player. I still don't understand the hate that some people have for him.

A fit Hargreaves would probably play on Sunday, but it doesn't really matter as Fletch has made massive progress and that is who we need to face Liverpool.

Brwned

Fletcher's stepped up a couple of levels since then.

When Hargreaves first signed I wouldn't have trusted him to Hargreaves' job well enough, now I'd be surprised if he didn't do it and more, he's been doing that in every big game for the last year and a half.

johnmufc

You can't just disregard form like that? Tevez scored four goals in a match then got promptly dropped the next game.

If Fletcher could go Hargreaves' job 'and more' we wouldn't have spent twenty million for the pleasure of having two of them.
Fletcher wasn't the same player he is now in 2007. Very few people expected him to progress as much as he is.

As a central midfielder, I have no doubts that Fletcher is now a superior player to Hargreaves.

Hargreaves will have to prove himself when he returns. He won't simply "walk back into the team".

Nem 7

Fletcher's stepped up a couple of levels since then.

When Hargreaves first signed I wouldn't have trusted him to Hargreaves' job well enough, now I'd be surprised if he didn't do it and more, he's been doing that in every big game for the last year and a half.
I disagree - Fletcher would be wasted given a defensive role.

Brwned

I disagree - Fletcher would be wasted given a defensive role.
We don't need anyone to play a purely defensive role, we're alright with Fletcher playing his natural game because that offers enough defensive stability in the big games, as has been shown time and again over the last year, in big or small games.

Nem 7

We don't need anyone to play a purely defensive role, we're alright with Fletcher playing his natural game because that offers enough defensive stability in the big games, as has been shown time and again over the last year, in big or small games.
If we want to continue to play an orthodox 4-4-2 we do need one cm with one eye on the defence, especially against the attacking teams.

Brwned

But we've played plenty of attacking teams without Hargreaves, or any player to just be purely defensive, and we've done very well.

I think the final's sticking in your mind a bit too much.

Fletcher and Carrick/Anderson/Scholes in the middle could cope fine, especially with the help they've been getting from the wingers this season, IMO.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He'll have to prove he can withstand playing competitive football on a regular basis let alone 'walk back into the team'.

krazyrobus

Puhlease, walk backinto the team, he couldn't nail down a starting position in the 1st instance with Carrick and Scholes dominating the centre and he would either fill RB or RW.

davisjw

The realisation that Park and O'Shea will start on Sunday against a team who are there for the taking reminds me of a dark night in May we shall not mention. :(
Because those two lost us the game :wenger:

You seem to forget Park and Hargreaves' destruction of Barca a year prior to that and O'Shea has always played well and did his job when no one else was there to take it.

Get off your high stool of judging players in the moment.

dmode

Yeah Hargreaves will be like a new signing and Obertan too coming... the future looks very bright...

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Can't wait for him to return.

Oshea has been great at covering RB but he just doesn't off enough going forward. Im dying to see Hargreaves and Valencia running that right side.

Also with Carrick's poor form Hargreaves will be another option in the middle. I can see a Hargreaves/Anderson parternship do well. Tonns of pace and engergy there. This partership will hardly ever be overrun. Lack of creativity may be possible though.

If Hargreaves is fit and ready to go, i expect to see more of him on the right though.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

Oshea has been great at covering RB but he just doesn't off enough going forward. Im dying to see Hargreaves and Valencia running that right side.

Also with Carrick's poor form Hargreaves will be another option in the middle. I can see a Hargreaves/Anderson parternship do well. Tonns of pace and engergy there. This partership will hardly ever be overrun. Lack of creativity may be possible though.

If Hargreaves is fit and ready to go, i expect to see more of him on the right though.
After today, you'll probably see more creativity with that midfield.

fecking hell, it was beyond pathetic.

johnmufc

Carrick has been back in form for the past 4 or 5 games. Since Wolfsburg, really.

Hargreaves is not the magic solution to our problems. He will be a welcome addition once he returns though, without question.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Carrick has been back in form for the past 4 or 5 games. Since Wolfsburg, really.

Hargreaves is not the magic solution to our problems. He will be a welcome addition once he returns though, without question.
Improved yes, but sure as hell not 'back in form'. Carrick has alot to do to be considered back in form. Like stringing together 3 or so effective matches.

CptMarvel

I'm glad that on Hargreaves's return he will be judged against Fletcher rather than against Keane.

MUFCgal

His return can't come soon enough for me. He'll be that enforcer for us in midfield that it seems only Fletch does these days, he'll break the play down and protect the back four. Let's hope he comes back as good as ever and he holds up okay.

Crerand Legend

Dont want to be spoiler but it could be a while if ever we get back the Hargreaves we knew.An awful lot to ask of a player out for so long to be an instant remedy, but here is hoping

VoetbalWizard

IF hargreaves has put his injury woes behind him, i still reckon to get back up to match fitness and quality will take him to the new year. that said, even when he was fit, he wasn't a cure-all for the midfield. he'll be good bolstering the midfield numbers but he wasn't first XI quality week in week out when he came and i don't think that's going to change.

RonaldoVII

IF hargreaves has put his injury woes behind him, i still reckon to get back up to match fitness and quality will take him to the new year. that said, even when he was fit, he wasn't a cure-all for the midfield. he'll be good bolstering the midfield numbers but he wasn't first XI quality week in week out when he came and i don't think that's going to change.
He'll rotate, along with all of our other central midfielders depending on the opposition. We don't have one that should start week in, week out.

Crerand Legend

Does anybody know how he is actually doing? that three weeks could not have long to run now

Amir

Does anybody know how he is actually doing? that three weeks could not have long to run now
I've actually seen a report somewhere today when Fergie talked about a possible return at Wolfsburg on December 8, which is a bit longer. I wouldn't hold my breath yet. He'll obviously be eased in.

Crerand Legend

I've actually seen a report somewhere today when Fergie talked about a possible return at Wolfsburg on December 8, which is a bit longer. I wouldn't hold my breath yet. He'll obviously be eased in.
Understandable although he will likely have a couple of reserve games before that

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He was never fully fit with us. Not to forget that things had changed. Scholes is not the world class article that he used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.