Owen Hargreaves | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Aaron

where is OH at the moment is he back here now or still out there?

if the comments about sprinting etc are true i guess he'll resume training with us soon?

OneUnited24

if the comments about sprinting etc are true i guess he'll resume training with us soon?
I thought 2 weeks ago SAF said he will be returning to manchester in 2 weeks so technically he should be back

MJLD

Great news, let's hope he can maintain some level of fitness!

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!

last week Fergie said Hargreaves would be back at United in two weeks. So he should be back at the club towards the end of the coming week, or beginning of the following week, if things are still on that timeframe.

SATA

This sort of promising news always appear when he's nearing a comeback, only to see him have some sort of set-back. I shall remain skeptical he can play football again until i see him kick a ball in a competitive match.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
last week Fergie said Hargreaves would be back at United in two weeks. So he should be back at the club towards the end of the coming week, or beginning of the following week, if things are still on that timeframe.

Did he? I don't remember seeing/hearing that.

Rory 7

You'd have to say, if Hargreaves gets back playing again after missing two seasons, hats off the lad. If he gets back to near his best it would show incredible strength of character to persevere. I would love to see him back.

GDH

That's probably the most promising thing we've read about Hargreaves in 2 years that didn't involve the words "3 weeks". Hope there's truth in it. Even if he doesn't manage to revive his United career, the troubles he's had these last couple of seasons, it'd be a pity if he didn't manage to get back for a few years somewhere.

Still very much a case of "I'll believe it when I see it", but that article is good news all the same.

Amir

I'm actually cheered up by that. Maybe all is not lost, if Steadman is optimistic that things are going well for the lad.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Would be a great option on the right wing for us when Tony V's out if necessary. We'll see though.
Was just thinking that. Plus a good option for CM.

I'm sure nobody is going to be banking on him making an immediate impact and remaining injury-free, but feck me if he does it wouldn't half be an amazing boost.

mjs020294

It would be a great boost if Hargreaves could make a comeback. He is by far the best right footed crosser of the ball we have. The loss of Valencia would have far less impact with a healthy Hargreaves.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It would be a great boost if Hargreaves could make a comeback. He is by far the best right footed crosser of the ball we have. The loss of Valencia would have far less impact with a healthy Hargreaves.
Very good point.

Whatever the doubts about Hargreaves as a central midfielder (and they remain IMO) he's put in some quality performances on the right wing.

Kelvin

If or when he come back, can he stay injury-free I don't want him to play just 1 matches and then goes off injured for long period without seeing him again, its crazy....

Mannheim Red

Very good point.

Whatever the doubts about Hargreaves as a central midfielder (and they remain IMO) he's put in some quality performances on the right wing.
Pogue...Im genuinely surprized that you still have reservations about Hargreaves in a central role. He is far superior to any other player at United at what he does. Hes no Scholes but as a holding player sitting in front of the back four he has no equal at United. Quick, aggressive, great motor and a great tackler...I cannot wait to see him back.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
feck we need someone who is fecking half decent at set pieces and Hargreaves is excellent at them.

I think he has taken 4 free kicks for us. 2 goals (L'Arse, Fulham), he hit a post, and one was just over. Not to shabby.

Eriku

Pogue...Im genuinely surprized that you still have reservations about Hargreaves in a central role. He is far superior to any other player at United at what he does. Hes no Scholes but as a holding player sitting in front of the back four he has no equal at United. Quick, aggressive, great motor and a great tackler...I cannot wait to see him back.
He never proved that in any of his outings in the centre of the park for United. Whenever he played for us in that position he seemed jittery, unsure of where to turn when he received the ball with his back to the opposition... I'd say that Fletcher could do better in that role for us. Hargreaves never delighted me on the pitch unless he was on the right wing, which was good but I had high hopes that he'd give us some more class in the centre.

Shimo

My email campaign to Steadman worked .... kept telling him The Caf wants to hear something and would go a long way to getting support for Hargo if he gave some positive news.

J/K. Really though that's great to hear. I still wonder what make him go back there but, great news for Hargreaves - possibly for us.

Redrage

If that is true, we'll get a serious boost in the midfield department. If he plays even to half of his potential we have a very decent cm in our ranks.
this is sexual, i am bloody excited. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.