Television OZ - tv series

EZee

any good... I see it has 3 of the guys from lost (including the dude from the wire)

worth downloading?

Epic

any good... I see it has 3 of the guys from lost (including the dude from the wire)

worth downloading?
Lost had 3 guys from OZ, not the otherway around.

It a quality show. Think there already is a thread about it somewhere here.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Greatest show ever hands down.

I sat and watched the whole thing with my brother and my pal 2 summers ago wouldn't finish until 3/4 in the morning! Watchout for Moses Diel and Omar White!

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Omar is funny. I saw him on the original V and his acting hasn't changed one bit. He also pops up in The Wanderers.

Eriku

Seasons 1-3 = Very good

Seasons 4-6 = A bit tedious with some strange plot lines.
...is correct.

GREAT show, but some of the weirdness in the last couple of seasons make it feel a bit strained as a whole... definitely worth watching, tho'.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've started watching it recently. I've just started season 2.

It's f*cking brilliant. Just noticed SirAF said the same thing but it's the right description. Love the change in Beecher, when the riot was happening and he was just playing air guitar with a stick I cracked up :lol:

Tarrou

It's got Method Man and lots of bumming, what more can you ask for in a show?

SirAF

Ageist
I've started watching it recently. I've just started season 2.

It's f*cking brilliant. Just noticed SirAF said the same thing but it's the right description. Love the change in Beecher, when the riot was happening and he was just playing air guitar with a stick I cracked up :lol:
That was great :lol:

Must..resist...urge...to... spoil ;)

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Yes you should watch it, it's brilliant television. When I binge watched all seasons of The Wire for the first time in one week, I was caught in some kind of limbo afterwards because I wanted to watch more good episodes of tv.

Tried a season of Mad Men a day after watching the last Wire episode, but it didn't have the same intensity. Same for some other series, they were fun but three weeks later I still needed that real fix.

It was Oz that gave me real satisfaction, almost as good as The Wire. "Adebesi" is a name you see on this forum a lot, you'll find out where it comes from. Lt. Daniels from the Wire plays a part in Oz at one stage, Avon Barksdale pops up a prison guard at another point. Tobias Beecher is Juan Mata's evil twin brother. JK Simmons is oscar nominated now because of 'Whiplash', he plays a very creepy role. It's very dark and very good.

Edit: Shit, I just realised this thread was opened in 2010.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
A brilliant TV series. I watched it from start to finish last summer over a 6 week period. Would have loved them to have made one more season though.

Loublaze

ATLien
Most underrated tv show ever. This was the first original drama on HBO. It paved the way for the Sopranos and the golden age of drama and dark characters on tv

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Classic HBO show, haven't watched it in years but seem to remember some of the plots going a bit crazy and even supernatural (?) towards the end. Still back when it was showing it was the only show of its kind.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Adebesi....still one of my favourite characters after all these years.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Classic HBO show, haven't watched it in years but seem to remember some of the plots going a bit crazy and even supernatural (?) towards the end. Still back when it was showing it was the only show of its kind.
:lol:

The ending was so bad...they completely lost it in that final season, but really it doesn't bring the overall quality of the show down. It's just something you happily forget ever happened.

The singing and aging pills ffs!

Eriku

The ending was so bad...they completely lost it in that final season, but really it doesn't bring the overall quality of the show down. It's just something you happily forget ever happened.

I consider the bit in bold to be the most atrocious plot-line.

Also hasn't been mentioned, Rawls and Herc from the Wire also make appearances.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Onto Season 4 now. You can tell where The Wire got most of their cast from. Carver, Daniels, Avon Barksdale, Herc, Bodie, etc... just seen Lester Freeman too. Weird seeing Doakes and Batista from Dexter as well, and obviously LaGuerta from the start.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Oh also Claire Howell is the worst character ever from anything and I hope she gets murdered horribly.

Loublaze

ATLien
I consider the bit in bold to be the most atrocious plot-line.

Also hasn't been mentioned, Rawls and Herc from the Wire also make appearances.

Not far from the truth

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...als-lives-makes-suffering-HUNDREDS-years.html

These shows just prepare us for things to come way in advance while these ideas are still hatching.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Oh my god I hope Clayton Hughes dies so much. Such a punchable character.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So I finished it. Great show but it's not up there with the best of them. Too many silly things at times like the ageing pill. I thought it waned as it went on too. People were killed for killings sake and some of the plotlines were odd but overall it's a really good show.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I remember watching this on channel 4 back in the late 90s and really liking it.

I was a student at the time and said to my flatmates "you've got to watch this, it's great". We all sat down to watch it and the episode contained an absolute feck load of bare arses and bumming (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That's what Beecher thought but Schillinger turned out to be worse.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
So I finished it. Great show but it's not up there with the best of them. Too many silly things at times like the ageing pill. I thought it waned as it went on too. People were killed for killings sake and some of the plotlines were odd but overall it's a really good show.
I know what you mean about ridiculous. I'm onto season 5 and Hoyt has just seen a vision of that reverend who got burned. After flying through the first 3 seasons I'm slowing down a bit and just waiting for the end to come now. Still brilliant but not as good as Sopranos or Deadwood. Obviously a long way from the Wire.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I know what you mean about ridiculous. I'm onto season 5 and Hoyt has just seen a vision of that reverend who got burned. After flying through the first 3 seasons I'm slowing down a bit and just waiting for the end to come now. Still brilliant but not as good as Sopranos or Deadwood. Obviously a long way from the Wire.
The entire reverend storyline was retarded, especially him 'disappearing'.

Also (don't read unless you've seen penultimate episode of the series)

How the f*ck was a prisoner able to kill the warden. Just walk into his office, stab him and go back to his cell? Some of the stuff that happened in the show was just written in without any thought. There were so many deaths they lost the dramatic effect.