Television Ozark

Loublaze

ATLien
Cheers,
I was thinking it was set quite a way from Atlanta.
Nice gig.
Some scenes were short in Chicago, especially in the first episode. Great gig indeed. I've worked on several shows, including another Netflix original, Stranger things and the Walking dead. All shot around Atlanta and other parts of Georgia as well. You live in NZ? My aunt lives in Dunedin. Im hoping to visit either late this year or next spring

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Some scenes were short in Chicago, especially in the first episode. Great gig indeed. I've worked on several shows, including another Netflix original, Stranger things and the Walking dead. All shot around Atlanta and other parts of Georgia as well. You live in NZ? My aunt lives in Dunedin. Im hoping to visit either late this year or next spring
Make sure you visit Dunedin in our Summer, its too bloody cold in winter.
You have worked on shows I really like, nice one. I cant wait for the next season of Ozark, watched the whole thing in 3 nights.

Loublaze

ATLien
Make sure you visit Dunedin in our Summer, its too bloody cold in winter.
You have worked on shows I really like, nice one. I cant wait for the next season of Ozark, watched the whole thing in 3 nights.
I enjoyed it as well. Just completed another gig, Rampage starring Dwayne Johnson. About summer in NZ, thats why im hoping to visit in December before christmas. Spring here would be around April. Would that still be a decent time to visit weather wise? BTW sorry for derailing the thread :devil:

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I enjoyed it as well. Just completed another gig, Rampage starring Dwayne Johnson. About summer in NZ, thats why im hoping to visit in December before christmas. Spring here would be around April. Would that still be a decent time to visit weather wise? BTW sorry for derailing the thread :devil:
Best months are Jan-Mar, Dunedin is great then however springs is nice but you might find it cold coming from Georgia. Spring here is October-Dec

Jagga7

Just finished it I thought it was great, it's very dark but witty at the same time. Similar to breaking bad. Another Netflix gem.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This show is great! I've just binged the whole season in a day.

I really like how direct the characters are and it made for some unpredictable moments. Love that they just straight up told the kids and there wasn't any bullshit. Well acted with good clever characters.

Nickosaur

Finished this yesterday.

It's great. Bateman is brilliant, but his family are all well acted too. The kids are great, the bad guys are genuinely threatening/menacing but also have a lot of charisma, and some character arcs have been wonderful to watch (Ruth in particular).

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Not slow paced unless you were looking for John Wick style action. Probably not from the very top draw of drama but well worth watching.

marktan

Currently watching this (starting episode 4) and really enjoying it so far. I like that there's no real secrecy in the family - a lot of other shows e.g. BB or Sopranos where crime's involved there's a lot of hushing up especially towards the kids. I also like that the main characters aren't predisposed to crime and are more trying to make a bad situation work, and the laundering aspect vs say drugs/crime is interesting too. The action in it is slower so far than other similar shows, but I quite like it, I'm a bit burnt out on shows where the main enemy is some absolute nutter killing left and right (obviously pilot aside on Ozark). The best part of the show I definitely do think so far is the family dynamic, and the people of Ozark thus far looks promising character wise too.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
New season soon right? Looking forward to it.

SteveTheRed

New season soon right? Looking forward to it.
Netflix has confirmed that Ozark season two will be released on 31st August 2018.

Really enjoyed this show! Can't wait, Bateman always has a great character

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Netflix has confirmed that Ozark season two will be released on 31st August 2018.

Oh man, this and Jack Ryan on the same day. First week of September is gon' be gud.

littlepeasoup

Today was the first time I'd thought about Ozark in a while, and then they confirm it'll be back this month. Perfect timing, bravo Netflix.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Even though it has its similarities to Breaking Bad it still felt fresh to me. I think because they straight up told the kids and his wife was in on it and there wasn't an annoying storyline about one of the kids rebelling.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Even though it has its similarities to Breaking Bad it still felt fresh to me. I think because they straight up told the kids and his wife was in on it and there wasn't an annoying storyline about one of the kids rebelling.
The family that launders money together stays together.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Today was the first time I'd thought about Ozark in a while, and then they confirm it'll be back this month. Perfect timing, bravo Netflix.
Same. I was talking to someone about Better Call Saul coming out this week and it made me wonder when Ozark was back.

They're hacking our brains.