Ozil, China, Arsenal, PL, Hypocrisy...

DeSign

The CCP has alreday managed to get Pompeo to ban "made in HK" products, next step should be restriction in USD trading, after that SWIFT comes into play.

There is no financial center without USD trading.

I certainly don't speak for ALL HKers, there is a signficant minority of pro-CCP people (locally known as blue corpse), but certainly the majority as @hmchan points out:
On the first part, yes, the ban of HK products and revoking of special status will hurt. HK may no longer be a financial powerhouse in the future. But, 'destroyed' seems a bit harsh. On the second part, agreed with you on the significant majority wanting no CCP intervention. However, my question was more directed towards HK's efforts to 'behave'. Under threat of violence, I think it would be difficult to gauge the severity of future protests and whether they will match the scale we have seen previously.

Cal?

CR7 fan
On the first part, yes, the ban of HK products and revoking of special status will hurt. HK may no longer be a financial powerhouse in the future. But, 'destroyed' seems a bit harsh. On the second part, agreed with you on the significant majority wanting no CCP intervention. However, my question was more directed towards HK's efforts to 'behave'. Under threat of violence, I think it would be difficult to gauge the severity of future protests and whether they will match the scale we have seen previously.
That is very true, the fact that the HK police can act with absolute impunity is just crazy. :(

hmchan

What a bizarre post. Mainland Chinese people have been celebrating the fact that China has passed the national security law. The general consensus is that it's time to clamp down on the "HK mobs" and hopefully put a stop to the western influence on HK politics.

Why not go to Chinese social media sites like weibo.com, zhihu.com etc. and see for yourself. Google translate is your friend.
Douban is now banning users who give negative reviews on the HK Security Law, let alone closing the review and comment functions on sensitive topics. Google translate is your friend.

https://www.thestandnews.com/china/港區國安法-刊物遭內地網民集體評一星-豆瓣大規模刪帳禁評分/

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
The daming of the Mekong river which contributed to doughts in the lower mekong countries and their aggression in the South China Sea towards some of those same countries, pretty sure those are not reported or discussed too in their local social media sites?