Ozil

binary bot
I'm surprised by the lack of speculation around his future. All the attention is on Sanchez, and Ozil is in a similar contract situation. He's 29 in October, so this should be his last major contract. I think his history with Mourinho could make it a potentially good signing.

How many on here would take him?(poll if possible)

mav_9me

I feel Mourinho will go for him, particularly given he is on a free. The key is if Ozil still wants to be among the best or if he is content going down a notch from the big clubs. His best bet for a big club might be Juve, they like their free transfers.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
I'm surprised by the lack of speculation around his future. All the attention is on Sanchez, and Ozil is in a similar contract situation. He's 29 in October, so this should be his last major contract. I think his history with Mourinho could make it a potentially good signing.

Terrible attitude and zero desire, wants to receive a huge pay packet for looking half bothered. No thanks

haram

Would be a great signing and he's better than Miki. Mourinho has got a lot out of him before and even now Ozil still creates a shed load. Wenger isn't helping a lot of those Arsenal players. They want out for a reason. Mourinho will get the best out of him.

Also think he ran more on average per game than Sanchez last year. Ozil worked hard for Jose even if he did get subbed before end of games at Real. I believe he would work hard for Jose again. Would be one of his last big moves as well.

Last edited:

binary bot
Terrible attitude and zero desire, wants to receive a huge pay packet for looking half bothered. No thanks
Or just a fussy player who's used to winning? Played over 150 games under Mourinho in a stacked Madrid team. The fact that he's stalling on Arsenal despite being offered a reportedly big contract suggests he wants to compete elsewhere.

Last edited:

binary bot
Unless we off-load Mata which I see no point in doing, stay as far away from him as possible.
Mata has a year left too and isn't any younger. Replacing Mata with Ozil would be a squad upgrade.

Raw

Absolute joy to watch at Madrid. I'm not entirely sure if it's just the league or Wenger failing to utilise him correctly but he hasn't fully shown that at Arsenal.

Despite this he still manages to rack up a good amount of goals and assists, and is always up there in terms of chance creation. If Mourinho can bring back the old Ozil then I'm very tempted for this to happen, though I wonder if this would get in the way of a potential deal for someone like Griezmann.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Being mollycoddled by Wenger for 4 years has placed him into a lull. At his best, he's a creative force, but there's so many minuses that drag his appeal rock bottom. I don't really see which major club will want him after Arsenal.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's wank.

Needed a far stronger manager than Wenger to achieve his best. A waste of a undoubtably huge talent.

Completely different from Sanchez, who despite wanting to get the hell out of there for probably the best part of since he signed, but still gave his all. Ozill has just tossed it off for the most part and can't be bothered.

tomaldinho1

Would be a great signing and he's better than Miki. Mourinho has got a lot out of him before and even now Ozil still creates a shed load. Wenger isn't helping a lot of those Arsenal players. They want out for a reason. Mourinho will get the best out of him.
I disagree.

Mou's brand of football is based on hard work, physicality and speed. Ozil is a true 'luxury' player who will go missing far to often. Mkhi has had some poor performances but I have far greater faith in the little Armenian, especially hwen played central.

Zoo

No we need to increase our scoring options.

haram

I disagree.

Mou's brand of football is based on hard work, physicality and speed. Ozil is a true 'luxury' player who will go missing far to often. Mkhi has had some poor performances but I have far greater faith in the little Armenian, especially hwen played central.
Ozil has player under Mourinho's brand of football before so I dont get your point?

Anyone calling Ozil 'shit' or 'wank' is completely wrong.

No we need to increase our scoring options.
Creating more clear cut chances should help us score more.

Last edited:

Suedesi

Would love to have him, he'd address our lack of a #10.

However, if we move for Griezmann next year, we'd be quite stacked upfront and our priorities may lie elsewhere.

I wouldn't say no to Mesut fecking Ozil though.

Blind

No thanks, not doubting his quality in the right set up but I'd much rather break the bank for a player like Eriksen if we want a proper upgrade on Mkhitaryan and Mata.

Suedesi

He's wank.

Needed a far stronger manager than Wenger to achieve his best. A waste of a undoubtably huge talent.

Completely different from Sanchez, who despite wanting to get the hell out of there for probably the best part of since he signed, but still gave his all. Ozill has just tossed it off for the most part and can't be bothered.
You don't understand football. If he was wank, he wouldn't be a starter for the current World Champions. Maybe you know more than Jogi Lowe and should be a candidate to coach Die Mannschaft next.

Stringer

He would be a good option for us and I think Mourinho would be better able to motivate him than Wenger. Main concern would be the wages he'll probably ask for.

AlwaysRed66

Mata has a year left too and isn't any younger. Replacing Mata with Ozil would be a squad upgrade.
I like Mata, who is a hard working & good player, unlike Ozil who is a lazy git. Downgrade you mean.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You don't understand football. If he was wank, he wouldn't be a starter for the current World Champions. Maybe you know more than Jogi Lowe and should be a candidate to coach Die Mannschaft next.
Read the rest of the post and you will find the explanation why.

Thanks for participating though, your efforts are appreciated.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
:lol:

Fwiw, id take Ozil in a heart beat. Him and Jose have a good relationship. Ozil played well for Jose and there's no reason why he won't pull his weight again when playing under him.

Hojoon

He would be a good option for us and I think Mourinho would be better able to motivate him than Wenger. Main concern would be the wages he'll probably ask for.
I think the high wages will be offset by no transfer fee though. He's a through ball machine and has good delivery from set pieces, I definitely wouldn't say no if he was interested.

Devil81

100% I'd have him, in a team full of confidence he'd thrive. Ozil has the ability to unlock defenses at will in the right set up.

He's treading water at Arsenal.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Excellent footballer and someone I would have loved us to sign a few years ago. Even still.....

His attitude has to come into question. I've made excuses for his perceived laziness in the past (pulling out the distance covered stats more than once) but at this point I'd prefer not to have someone like him in the side. If nothing else he would irritate the hell out of us quite a bit.

Someone like Mata, for whatever faults he has, does bring a superior work rate and attitude than Ozil would imo. He's also something of a clutch player, a description rarely apllied to Ozil. Given that, I'm not sure that replacing one with the other would be the most effective way of improving the squad.

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

Ozil has player under Mourinho's brand of football before so I dont get your point?

Anyone calling Ozil 'shit' or 'wank' is completely wrong.
In which part of my post did I use that language to describe Ozil? Irrelevant point.

As to playing under Mou, he has in a different league and it's widely documented the 'conversations' they had about Ozil's lack of effort. Given the PL is faster, more physical and less technical than La Liga It's hardly surprising he's having the same issues at Ars.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'd happily take him. His technical ability is magnificent and maybe United will bring out in him in big games what Germany do.

haram

In which part of my post did I use that language to describe Ozil? Irrelevant point.

As to playing under Mou, he has in a different league and it's widely documented the 'conversations' they had about Ozil's lack of effort. Given the PL is faster, more physical and less technical than La Liga It's hardly surprising he's having the same issues at Ars.
I wasn't referring to you. Others in the thread have used such words.

That was one bust up. Ozil said he loved Mourinho. Ozil was an integral part of Mourinho's team. If he really lacked effort he wouldn't have been. That story was also sensationalised for Ozil's book. If Mata can adjust to the PL, so can Ozil. He is way too talented. I've run out of posts for today, I can reply tomorrow.

Redlyn

Creative, but otherwise the complete opposite of a mourinho player. Do not want.

meninred

I hear at arsenal good players come and become worse instead of great.

izec

He is great in an already great team, but bang average for most part of the game in a decent/good team with moments of magic. We have Mkhi and Mata already for that role, where they disappear in games only to pop up with something brilliant here and there.

AndyJ1985

Wouldn't go near him. Don't want lazy little shits like him in our team.