P&G Draft - QF: harms vs Team Beam

With players at their career peak, who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enigma_87

You know who
Pretty much team Beam covered all problems since the last game. Davids is a great addition to the team and Laudrup in advanced position is likely to cause plenty of trouble against Evra/Vidic flank.

Harms has a great team, but the lack of pace between Vidic and Moore and being up against Romario is worrying to an extend.

Probably would've voted harms if he faced anyone else as a striker bar the Romario/Fenomeno type.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Harms has a great team, but the lack of pace between Vidic and Moore and being up against Romario is worrying to an extend.
I know that I'm biased since he's my player at the moment but this Vidić/pace thing is one of the most ridiculous overstatements in our drafts (and we have a few), and this is not me trying to win the game — I'm pretty sure that I've said this earlier as well though.

He handled every type of player with ease and was the fulcrum of our defensive unit, which was, arguably, the greatest defensive unit in all of English football's history (the only serious contender is Mou's Chelsea). And while Rio had more pace and covered for him from time to time, he wasn't really exposed to quick players aside for a few times, but I can find a few bad games even for Baresi. Unlike Chelsea, we've actually played with a high line often — and Vidić was amazing.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
I know that I'm biased since he's my player at the moment but this Vidić/pace thing is one of the most ridiculous overstatements in our drafts (and we have a few), and this is not me trying to win the game — I'm pretty sure that I've said this earlier as well though.

He handled every type of player with ease and was the fulcrum of our defensive unit, which was, arguably, the greatest defensive unit in all of English football's history (the only serious contender is Mou's Chelsea). And while Rio had more pace and covered for him from time to time, he wasn't really exposed to quick players aside for a few times, but I can find a few bad games even for Baresi. Unlike Chelsea, we've actually played with a high line often — and Vidić was amazing.
dont even see the result but judging from beams crying in our convo i reckon its a big gap so my comment is pretty much neutral.
Love Vida to bits and rate him very high(at least on pair with Stam), probably my favorite CB i watched and while i agree the pace argument and specially the Torres argument is complete BS id also say someone like Romario would probably be the worst possible opponent for him, dont know maybe thats because i rate Romario to the heavens and back but i wouldnt feel safe in a scenario where Romario attacks my team with Vida in it, saying that, same applies for probably 90% of defenders if not more.

harms

Staff
id also say someone like Romario would probably be the worst possible opponent for him, dont know maybe thats because i rate Romario to the heavens and back but i wouldnt feel safe in a scenario where Romario attacks my team with Vida in it, saying that, same applies for probably 90% of defenders if not more
Yeah, I agree — thankfully I have Moore who is a much better fit for him. It was just a rant on Vidic's perception in general. Reminds me why I usually try and stay clear from United players, as it's hard to try to stay objective in my red-tinted glasses

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
I am still not impressed by harms‘ team because I want to see Pele in a possession side, where he is as much on the ball as possible. That said, I buy him as the deadly second striker here in a smash and grab type tactic and that front line is just so incredibly dangerous. Especially if you add the additional threat of Evra on the left, who has no direct opponent.

I also watched the Lerby video and harms did a cracking job of selling Lerby vs Giresse and Effenberg vs Redondo.

Davids and Marcelo are perfect upgrades for Team Beam and I thought you were the clear winners of the reinforcement round. However, I didn‘t expect Butra to be binned and I think you missed a trick when you didn‘t went for a second striker to compliment Romario.

Laudrup-Romario is a great partnership, but pretty much every move has to end with Romario giving a shot away. That is a bit too predictable and would be more dangerous if there was a clear goalscoring and creative second striker (think Mazzola) as part of a front two.

Still a very nice effort Team Beam and thanks for highlighting Giresse, cracking player:drool:.

Enigma_87

You know who

Yeah it really gets overblown and I wouldn't mention it if he faced another fast and nippy striker below Romario's quality.

But as @Šjor Bepo said Romario is really one of the worst fits for him, and you aren't playing a deep line either which would mask the issue further.

FWIW I've only mentioned this as deficiency for Vidic in drafts when he faced players like Eusebio, Romario, Fenomeno and the likes. He's good enough to stand his ground and hold his own against 90% of the forwards, but some could really trouble him and I'm not pointing at Torres in particular.

Otherwise well done mate and considering the strikers left in the competition I'd say you don't even need to replace him for the finals.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
congrats harms, great team and IIRC you have a lot of cash for upgrades so its going to be a fun RR:drool:

harms

Staff
congrats harms, great team and IIRC you have a lot of cash for upgrades so its going to be a fun RR:drool:
Cheers. I'm pretty happy with the upgrades I'm going to make, we'll see how the voters will respond to them.