Paddy turns 80

RedDevil@84

Paddy Crerand turns 80 today. He started off his career playing for Celtic and then moved to Manchester United in 1963. He played some 8 years for the club before retiring and then became the assistant coach at the club for 5 years.
He then moved to manage Northampton Town for a year. But then ditched the management part and moved to media, starting with radio.
He joined MUTV in the 90s and has been a commentator for ages.
He runs "The Paddy Crerand Show" on MUTV and receives phone calls from United fans on the show.

This is Sir Alex wishing the birthday boy

simplyared

So he's reached the ripe old age of 80. True utd legend. Was a lad myself when we bought him from Celtic. Remember it well. Very stylish footballer, lacked pace but had fantastic vision and a beautiful passer of the ball. Coming from the Gorbals in Glasgow, renowned for crime and gang warfare, he certainly knew how to put it about and not a player to get on the wrong side of. Anyone giving Bestie a rough time on the field would have to answer to Paddy in the tunnel.

RedDevil@84

I remember last season (or maybe early this season), Paddy was commentating a match on MUTV and a goal went in. He was asking "Who scored the goal? I am sorry, I was looking for the pen"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

dogwithabone

We're all guilty of seeing United through red tinted glasses a lot of the time but no one more so than Paddy !

Proper legend as a player and a fan of the club.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Happy birthday!

I think I'm one of the few who always enjoyed his commentary on MUTV.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I stopped watching MUTV years ago however the club obviously use their commentary for their highlights and I've noticed Paddy doesn't do all the games any longer, I assume that's due to his age and the traveling required?

redshaw

Happy Birthday Paddy, a United Legend.

Always enjoyed him on various local radio stations here in Manchester along side Gary Owen. Pretty sure the first one was Piccadilly 1152am and James Stannage.