Pathetic fans booing Maguire

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The furore about him being booed is ludicrous. Players on the continent get it so much worse.
It's quite ironic that so many on this forum like to play the smart independent types and yet are taken (and act it) for fools by the propaganda of the British press and Maguire's honestly mythical 'he plays well for England'. The last was also used for United when our loser of a manager kept picking him despite all the evidence pointing he shouldn't.

But once again, some of these loud sympathetic types don't really represent the majority view, they just like shouting and projecting their little pathetic virtuous personas because apparently that makes them feel fuzzy inside.

I'd have kicked him out in 2021 latest.

ElDiabloRojo

Harry Maguire has Irish roots, same as Rice, Kane, Grealish, Rooney......Keown, Gascoigne ....you get the picture.

He was booed as people want him gone, and probably got the brunt of anger over the team selection today.

He played well second half, did more up front than Wout did for about 20 matches last season. Not that I'm saying that's anything, he needs to go.

Baxquux

In comparative terms/putting things in perspective, the fans have been pretty mild towards him. At Madrid or Barca, for instance, (neither of which are small time clubs, whatever other issues they have) fans would be waving the white handkerchiefs at him and coordinating chants and mass booing; in Italy at one of the giants, the ultras would be chanting outside his house to get him out of the club. You become wealthy off the passion of fans and their emotional/financial investment into the club, you also have to face the consequences of aggravating the fanbase with consistently spotty performances ('consequences' within reason, obviously - I don't mean people should start heckling his family in public or something). He needs to do what many, arguably better United squad players have done in the past, 'suck it up' and persuade a PL team to bid for him, presuming he still wants to stay in the league.

desirere

I find hearing our fans booing him quite awkward, however, Maguire hasn’t given the fans a 1% of a reason not to dislike his presence. His performances over the past 2 seasons has been nauseating, dreadful, dare I say, catastrophic… but even in this awful spell of his, he hasn’t taken a single iota of accountability and that makes me personally dislike him. I’ve arrived to the point where I can’t stand seeing him in a United jersey. What I mean to say, boo ahead fellas, other fanbases are no different.

red.knight

I am sure some Utd fans love Maguire. What are the lyrics to Utd's Maguire song?

jeff_goldblum

The booing is pathetic and a nasty showing from our fans. Maguire's not good enough, but that's not his fault and he's clearly doing his best. He didn't sign himself for a ludicrous fee or hand himself a ludicrous contract, the club did, and the reason he's still here is that the club wants to recoup a decent proportion of his transfer fee and no-one who'd want him can't afford to pay the fee the club wants whilst also coming somewhat close to paying him what we do. He's under no obligation to take a massive pay cut and relocate to another part of the country, he's perfectly entitled to take the money we promised to pay him. Making him so miserable that he decides it's better to take a paycut than put up with the abuse might force him to leave, but it's despicable behaviour.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
The booing is pathetic and a nasty showing from our fans. Maguire's not good enough, but that's not his fault and he's clearly doing his best. He didn't sign himself for a ludicrous fee or hand himself a ludicrous contract, the club did, and the reason he's still here is that the club wants to recoup a decent proportion of his transfer fee and no-one who'd want him can't afford to pay the fee the club wants whilst also coming somewhat close to paying him what we do. He's under no obligation to take a massive pay cut and relocate to another part of the country, he's perfectly entitled to take the money we promised to pay him. Making him so miserable that he decides it's better to take a paycut than put up with the abuse might force him to leave, but it's despicable behaviour.
We have some utter trash fans among us. The booing is bullshit. Im not a fan of his, hope we sell him but he doesnt deserve this bullshit from the pathetic section of our fan base.

Lord Zlatan

Harry Maguire is not good enough for where united need to be. But booing a player in a red shirt is embarassing. Until he leaves he's a red.. I hate him playing in the team. It sends nerves around the stadium and the team. But dont hate the guy. Theres a big difference.

Herman Toothrot

Yeah, he's extremely thin skinned. Couldn't agree more mate.
Good one.

I'd have more respect for the booers if they just admitted they were cnuts instead of trying to justify their cnuty behaviour by pretending to be mortally wounded by a dull interview they can barely remember. Cowards.

JediSith

Also @Cantonagotmehere

I personally won't boo him also. Although won't condemn the booing also. Each to their own I guess.

Watching this game against Bilbao, yeah. I come to realize more benefit of cheering for players like him. Looked like Maguire played better after fans' cheering overcame the booing. I think as fans, we all should want that.
I suppose it comes down to personality. But surely sooner or later the type of cheering he’s receiving will start to make him feel like conjoined fetus lady from South Park

always_hoping

It's became trendy for so called supporters to boo one of their own players, what do they think they are going to achieve? regardless how error prone that player is that is pure brain dead nonsense to be at.

crackers0seven

Was at today's game.there was small boos for early minutes, but most of the fans realised soon and for about the last hr whenever he got on the ball there was clapping to sound out the boos. It's not fair on him,he's looks to be struggling mentality,any mistake and his confidence is shaken. He doesn't suit erik and he shouldn't be abused just cause of this. Hope he gets a new start somewhere,best for him and utd. Surely Heaton being captain today shows him its time to move on.

Robbie Boy

Good one.

I'd have more respect for the booers if they just admitted they were cnuts instead of trying to justify their cnuty behaviour by pretending to be mortally wounded by a dull interview they can barely remember. Cowards.
Well, he comes across ridiculously thin skinned tbh.

I personally wouldn't boo him but I'm not going to get salty towards anyone that does boo him. As I've said, players on the continent get it way worse, and it isn't headline worthy. You're coming across awfully thin skinned yourself calling people cnuts because they booed a player. The drama on here does be top class, over the most trivial matters.

Pronewbie

Peep
Good one.

Yup. The nerve to blame Maguire for being thin skinned while he's constantly bullied online. Disgusting behaviour. Reminds me of domestic abusers. Or maybe they're the cretins that mindlessly ape the school bullies.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Was at today's game.there was small boos for early minutes, but most of the fans realised soon and for about the last hr whenever he got on the ball there was clapping to sound out the boos. It's not fair on him,he's looks to be struggling mentality,any mistake and his confidence is shaken. He doesn't suit erik and he shouldn't be abused just cause of this. Hope he gets a new start somewhere,best for him and utd. Surely Heaton being captain today shows him its time to move on.
Can't speak for the first half but on TV in the second half that seemed to be exactly what happened, the boos started and the clapping then drowned it out

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Couldn't believe it when I heard it. Nice to hear it drowned out by applause after a short while.

Shame.

Robbie Boy

Couldn't believe it when I heard it. Nice to hear it drowned out by applause after a short while.

Shame.
You "couldn't believe it" when you heard a player that got booed a few days ago got booed again? You must be very easily surprised.

Robbie Boy

It really isn't. The analogy is apt. There's no need for anyone to put up with your mindset and behaviour, no matter how much they earn or their role in society.
No, it's not fecking "apt" mate. Given what's gone on with a player at our club, I think it's actually shocking that you're trying to compare it to domestic abuse.

Yeah, the abuse has been sickening but that's the online world we live in. The vast majority of sane rational people just want the bloke sold, and don't find him endearing in the slightest. You're trivialising domestic abuse to point score.

Stadjer

What else is a supporter to do to show his or her displeasure with a player? Contact Maguire on his social media? Write a post on Redcafe? They are allowed to let Harry Maguire know they are fed up with his mistakes. I wouldnt be booing him but i certainly wouldnt be clapping or cheering so Harry Maguire wouldnt hear the boos. Some fans want to hold him accountable for his mistakes while another group of fans just feels like he deserves support, no matter all the mistakes he made, just because he is a Manchester United player. In a normal work or life situation people are going to be held accountable for their mistakes but football doesnt always work like normal situations.

crackers0seven

Can't speak for the first half but on TV in the second half that seemed to be exactly what happened, the boos started and the clapping then drowned it out
Yeah the clapping was very noticeable in second half especially. I can only imagine being a player like Harry,getting the ball,5 yard pass and loads of clapping. Surely it's just as bad as boos for him cause he knows it's forced and only being done to protect him and not actually because he's done something good

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
England international being booed in Ireland is hardly shocking. Irish fans taking out their frustrations on being done over by the club on an easy target. He doesn’t help himself though to be honest.
jesus. What a terrible opinion you have

somehow Jason Sancho escaped their wrath and even more surprising Johnny Evans from up north got applauded

BarryWinks

I remember when we used to call opposition fans (particularly Madrid fans) 'spoilt' for pulling stunts like this.

Booing one of your own is poor form. Doesn't matter if it is Fellaini, Nani, Pogba or Harry. Yes, a player might not be good enough, but resorting to targeted booing is pathetic from you as a fan.

I doubt Maguire goes on the pitch hoping to make an error, or to have a bad game. And I doubt any of those fans know the man personally to infer that he "lacks self awareness". His only crime is playing a sport he probably loves and is dedicated to, and finding himself in our club. At least respect the players who have come before and what the club is supposed to represent by bot booing one of it's player.

And if booing is okay, where do we draw the line? Would it be okay to boo another player next month? Ten Haag?

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I feel sorry for Maguire - and before you guys remind me of the wages he is on, this isn't about money entirely.

It is about having the self-awareness of when your time is up. I can only imagine the inner turmoil he is creating for himself by resisting the fact that he is done at this level.

He shouldn't be playing professional football but that realisation will need to come from him and until then he will have to endure the hostile environment if he choses to stay.

alexthelion

No, it's not fecking "apt" mate. Given what's gone on with a player at our club, I think it's actually shocking that you're trying to compare it to domestic abuse.

Yeah, the abuse has been sickening but that's the online world we live in. The vast majority of sane rational people just want the bloke sold, and don't find him endearing in the slightest. You're trivialising domestic abuse to point score.
:eek:

High horse, you need to get off.