Patrice Evra | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
from 07-10 his level of consistency at the highest level was simply incredible. He was absolutely flawless in those years. And never got injured but still played like a freak getting stuck in, winning crazy headers, bombing forward, etc.

He just was never the same after the South African World Cup and his devastating speed is gone. With Shaw here now Evra will probably only start the odd PL game and cup games.

Amazing servant and great personality.

::sonny::

Juve asked to Evra to join them, 2yrs contract. He could ask to Utd to let him free.

NMF

He's not going anywhere until at least next summer. I wouldn't be surprised if LvG uses him on the wing, to link up with Shaw.
Please no. Big difference attacking as a fullback than a winger.

Matador8

Please no. Big difference attacking as a fullback than a winger.
I'd hate to see it myself, but it'd kind of make sense. Shaw has proven very good for his age at Southampton, but signing for United has it's own pressures along with the massive price tag. It could be effective in our most tricky away games.

Bwuk

If it make signing Vidal easier then I'd let Evra go to Juventus.

Legend, but he's past it.

Gerald G

No chance of Evra playing on the wing. Happy for Evra to stay another season and he's been pretty good for France. His experience will be invaluable.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
We spend 30M on Luke Shaw, I can't see him being our first choice next season.

To be honest, I would be pretty happy to keep Pat and having Shaw learning from him during one season before Evra leaves (at 34 years)

But if he find another challenge abroad (then he'll not compete us), I really think that we should let him go and be fine with Juve.

Will be a major blow in term of experience if he leaves too

ottosec

We should not let Patrice go. We already lost great characters in the dressing room like Vida, Rio and Giggs, we can't afford to lose him too, or we will would be left only with Carrick, Rooney and RVP as our experienced players.

It doesn't matter how much did Shaw cost, he has enough time to make the LB position his, the best should play now.

Drifter

American
According to gianlucadimarzio.com Juventus as agreed a two year deal with Evra.

Mister_Stubbs

Losing Patrice would surely mean another left back coming in as we only have Tyler Blackett (is he even still at the club?) in the youth team with any real first team experience. Could a move for Blind be back on?

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
If these rumours are true. I think he could possibly move in Janaury. Agree a deal now, assess if we need him for the 2nd half of the season after seeing Shaw's progress. If he goes then, he is able to play in Europe for them.

If we need him, keep him and let him join at the end of the season.

kps88

Even if we get in a couple of signings, the average age of our defence will be ridiculously young this season.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
According to gianlucadimarzio.com Juventus as agreed a two year deal with Evra.
It's all very strange. We activated our option to extend his contract and are now letting him go.

I wonder how much it had to do with the Shaw negotiations either to strengthen our hand or whether it looked like it wasn't happening at some point.

Or maybe we are negotiating with Juve at the moment and Evra has become part of the deal :drool:

Drifter

American
It's all very strange. We activated our option to extend his contract and are now letting him go.

I wonder how much it had to do with the Shaw negotiations either to strengthen our hand or whether it looked like it wasn't happening at some point.

Or maybe we are negotiating with Juve at the moment and Evra has become part of the deal :drool:
We are not getting Vidal.

Gladiator

Get more money?

Kakeru

That's one case where I would tell Juventus to feck off unless they have something a hell lot more interesting to offer in return. Still, it would be an extremely bad idea to let Shaw start the season without Evra acting as his mentor for a full year. Anything short of one last full season with us is a mistake by the club.

Bwuk

I don't understand why people want Shaw to be Evras understudy. Over the past two seasons, Shaws been better than him. Evra whilst still good going forward, has massively declined.

Ash_G

I don't understand why people want Shaw to be Evras understudy. Over the past two seasons, Shaws been better than him. Evra whilst still good going forward, has massively declined.
How much is that due to fatigue though? We've definitely overused him, especially as our left side width typically comes from him with most our options there drifting in. Evra given good breaks over the season still has plenty too offer I think. Plus it shouldn't be underestimated that if we don't sign a centreback or it we sign a young one than we'd have little experience there without Evra.

Ultimately you want it to be a proper competition between them, I think though Evra if he can get that rest will more than give Shaw a run for his money and Shaw still has got plenty to learn.

Rossa

How much is that due to fatigue though? We've definitely overused him, especially as our left side width typically comes from him with most our options there drifting in. Evra given good breaks over the season still has plenty too offer I think. Plus it shouldn't be underestimated that if we don't sign a centreback or it we sign a young one than we'd have little experience there without Evra.

Ultimately you want it to be a proper competition between them, I think though Evra if he can get that rest will more than give Shaw a run for his money and Shaw still has got plenty to learn.
Pretty much have to agree with this. For France, Evra is actually very solid at defending, most of the time. Then again, he doesn't participate as much in attack. At his prime, Evra was so blisteringly quick and had such an immense engine that he could do both, but I've not seen many other fullbacks able to do that.

Evra is being overused and suffers from fatigue from time to time; when he was given a proper rest this season, he looked sharper and also much faster. Shaw will undoubtedly give him competition and is already a better defender, but Evra is still better in attack. Both have their merits and both will be used.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
For our team, our defence and for Shaw it would be great if Evra stays another year. Our back 4 is rather young and he could bring in some seniority

NMF

I'd only sell Evra if his used in some deal for Vidal.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I'd prefer we pay for Vidal with cash only. Evra is not going to be valued at that much by Juve, anyway. I'd sell him only if he expresses a desire to move, himself.

Glanville95

I'd be devastated if Evra leaves. If his departure means Vidal arrives then my disappointment will be sated somewhat, but I still think he's a vital player in a defence comprising mostly of players under 25 years old and in a team short of real leaders.

I think we would also see a vast improvement in his performances if he isn't used so frequently, as it is clear for all to see that he's suffered from fatigue during the period of time he hasn't had a competent deputy. The likelihood is Shaw will be first choice next season - something Evra is probably aware of - but it would be beneficial for Shaw if he has the reassurances of developing here and learning off of someone like Evra, while still maintaining healthy competition for the first team birth.

We've exercised his contract extension and should only sell if it eases Juventus' stance over Vidal. Preferably we will have both, but under no other circumstances should Evra leave.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Reportedly Evra has agreed personal terms with Juve.

Suddenly, the Vermaelen speculation makes senses...a CB who can also cover Shaw at LB

Status
Not open for further replies.