g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Patrice Evra | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter

American
Tuttosport saying that United have valued Evra at 5mil and Juve are willing to pay 3mil.

SiRed

I would only be happy for Evra to leave if it makes the Vidal transfer nailed on. Anything else and i really dont want him to leave.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Feck it, may as well blood Shaw properly. Serie A is the defender's graveyard, what has happened to you Italy of Baresi, Maldini, Nesta and Cannavaro?

Mali_Zeus

Who will be Shaw's backup if he leaves? And I would be sad to see him leave..

So Juve wants Evra but doesnt want to give us Vidal.. Ts ts ts..

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Who will be Shaw's backup if he leaves? And I would be sad to see him leave..

So Juve wants Evra but doesnt want to give us Vidal.. Ts ts ts..
Rodriguez :drool:

But seriously, we have only really been linked with him, Blind and Vermaelen and two of them aren't natural at the position.

Maybe someone at the club has had nice things to say about U-21 Captain Reece James.

SirAF

Ageist
I love Evra but if it means we could get our hands on Vidal then I'm all for it!

Revan

Assumptionman

But seriously, we have only really been linked with him, Blind and Vermaelen and two of them aren't natural at the position.

Maybe someone at the club has had nice things to say about U-21 Captain Reece James.
As much as I like Rodriguez, it really wouldn't make sense to sign him. And in that case, Shaw will actually become the backup considering that Rodriguez is currently better.

In the case that Evra leaves, then I guess a decent cheapish backup would make sense. Blind could be a good option. Vermaelen too but we need him as a CB. With him we would have 4 CB but with injuries it will be more like 2 CB, or at times 1 CB and Carrick.

Mali_Zeus

If we sell Evra we need to buy a replacement.

khoazany

If we sell Evra we need to buy a replacement.
We already bought his replacement.Now more like Buttner's replacement...

Don't really make sense if we bought Rodriguez really.We're not going to buy a 30 mil player in Shaw to play him as back-up LB.Best case scenario is Vermijl or James stepping up but if not hope it will be a utility player (Blind?)

Mali_Zeus

We already bought his replacement.Now more like Buttner's replacement...

Don't really make sense if we bought Rodriguez really.We're not going to buy a 30 mil player in Shaw to play him as back-up LB.Best case scenario is Vermijl or James stepping up but if not hope it will be a utility player (Blind?)
Thought so too, Evra would be a back up for Shaw so if Evra goes we would need to replace him to have someone to be a back up for Shaw. :)

Acole9

Outstanding
Only way this deal will make sense is if we get Vidal in return which is highly unlikely.

SirFergie

According to Daniel Taylor, Patrice has "asked MUFC if he can go".

Now I'm inferring from that that Juventus have promised him first-team football whereas we obviously can't now we've got Shaw.

Gutted that he doesn't want to stay for the year but if it's his choice then good luck Patrice, you'll be missed.

C'est Moi Cantona

Now I'm inferring from that that Juventus have promised him first-team football whereas we obviously can't now we've got Shaw.

Gutted that he doesn't want to stay for the year but if it's his choice then good luck Patrice, you'll be missed.
Think it's been mentioned his wife isn't happy in Manchester, so hopefully if he is wanting to leave for family reasons then the club have allowed him to go on these grounds, he has been fantastic for us, and deserves the right to go if he feels the time is right.

On the same note this is some show of faith in Shaw, Buttner, and now Evra cleared out of his position.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Unless we've got someone already lined up then this would be stupid. I hope that he's Blind.

Melvyn

prostate examiner

According to James Ducker, Evra is happy to stay at Manchester but his wife wants to leave ASAP. The club feel like they shouldn't stand in the way of Evra leaving given how much he's done for this club.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
According to James Ducker, Evra is happy to stay at Manchester but his wife wants to leave ASAP. The club feel like they shouldn't stand in the way of Evra leaving given how much he's done for this club.
The wife bit is ridiculous. Has she suddenly decided she doesn't like Manchester after 8 or so years here?!

red_7

He came with Vidic and he leaves with Vidic. Defo a sad moment. Fantastic player and United through and through. Thx for the memories, especially that thunderbolt against Bayern and that moment of hope for a sensation.

This is for sure the beginning of a new era now with that back four changing massively.

Wouldn't mind Blind now as back-up as could do a job in mid to, could be our new O'Shea if he doesn't expect to be a regular. Wouldn't be too expensive I guess.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
This would be a bit of a concern - I would hope that we are using this as some leverage for a Vidal deal potentially.

Losing pretty much all of our experienced defenders in one go is far from ideal and will surely necessitate buying in another experienced figure at the back to give a bit of leadership.

It also means that in all likelihood we have to sign another LB. In theory, between Evans, Rafael and Shaw we *could* get by (with Rafael, Smalling and Jones as our RB options) but ideally we could do with a natural fullback who can play on either side - someone like Lahm (not Lahm, just someone LIKE him - although I wouldnt object to us trying to sign Lahm anyway...).

Essentially, Paddy going pretty much forces us to sign another couple of players to plug the gap he leaves, both positionally and in terms of leadership/influence. I am a fan of Jones/Smalling/Evans and hope they can all step up next season anyway, but still...

Jacob

Looking forward to see Juve versus Inter next season. That hug between Vidic and Evra :drool: I think I would cry.

littlepeasoup

Vidic got a proper send off and Evra deserved similar. I'm excited for the future but gutted that the team of the last decade is being stripped away piece by piece.

RustyS

One of the saddest days for me if he leaves. A leader on and off the pitch, reliable servant of the club, and ridiculously injury-resistant. He became a "defensive liability" (what an exaggeration that is) when he was being played 50 games a season at 32.

He deserves a proper send off and I hope the club makes sure he gets on.

:(

Bojan11

That left side of defence won't be the same without him and Vidic. £13m they both cost us.

Status
Not open for further replies.