Patrice Evra | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Will he get a testemonial? Think he deserves it.

Drifter

American
No doubt we will be in for another left back . Very sad to see Evra go . A massive loss to the changing room and on the pitch.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
One of my favourites, very sad to think about him leaving. An exceptional player for us, and such a strong personality - I particularly admired how brilliantly he handled everything he was put through by Suarez and co. Class act :devil:

I wish him all the best, and will miss him tremendously.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Has served us well but the right time for him to go. Things really are going to look very different next season.

Oneunited26

It is a sad day for united, the pieces were in full motion since fergie called it a day, it was almost like the experienced players wanted to see out this bad period and help the club has much as they could. Now they feel the club could be in good shape again in the future, and you have seen the exodus of players leave, like they have done their part. Time for a new generation

fergie retires
2014 within a space of 6 months, we have seen players move on the heart beat of the past 8 years. it started with vidic, giggs called it a day, then Ferdinand moves on, and evra decides for a new challenge, same as vidic.

I expect more to follow, and hopefully anderson fellaini fletcher nani and young are moved on, so we can bring in much better players

ottosec

So now basically we now have as leaders a guy that has been here for only 2 seasons, a scouser that puts in a transfer request every 3 years and Michael fecking Carrick... I don't feel that is any experienced player left to teach other what United is all about and also be an example on and off teh field.

Disappointing.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Unless we've got someone already lined up then this would be stupid. I hope that he's Blind.
I think what's actually happened is that Evra probably wanted to leave at the end of this season a long time ago. However, United extended his contract by executing the clause. Clearly Evra still wants to leave and is now asking for the move. I don't think it was ever our intention to let him go, but he deserves the respect he will get. I agree we need someone lined up.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
So now basically we now have as leaders a guy that has been here for only 2 seasons, a scouser that puts in a transfer request every 3 years and Michael fecking Carrick... I don't feel that is any experienced player left to teach other what United is all about and also be an example on and off teh field.

Disappointing.
Erm, what about Antonia Valencia... he's erm, captain of Ecuador.... :nervous:

redevil2

Such sad news! He will be sorely missed both for his performance and his dedication as a red. Not sure why he made such decision (it's obvious the wife's intention is just a comsmetic reason), but really wish him the best.

:(

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Such sad news! He will be sorely missed both for his performance and his dedication as a red. Not sure why he made such decision (it's obvious the wife's intention is just a comsmetic reason), but really wish him the best.

:(
Even if it's not his wife - surely we should comend a player for wanting to play first team football at a high level whilst they still have a chance? Considering how often players get criticised for collecting a pay cheque whilst being sat on a bench and all...

m1y2

Hope van Gaal is not Blind and bring in some quality to replace Pat not some desperately average players from current dutch squad incl. mr Blind Janmaat, and god please no Snejder.. still it is a first Shaw´s season and he needs to have competition for sure and someone who will mentor him even I dont doubt he will be great straight away. Having Evra or enybody as experienced by his side would have helped him in his developement.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
Brown, Fedinand,Vidic, Evra, Van der Sar. The back 4 that won the CL is all gone. I'll miss Vidic the most. I do love Evra for how he constantly got under the skin of our rival fans. I remember when he pissed of Gooners by calling Arsenal a training centre for young players

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Brown, Fedinand,Vidic, Evra, Van der Sar. The back 4 that won the CL is all gone. I'll miss Vidic the most. I do love Evra for how he constantly got under the skin of our rival fans. I remember when he pissed of Gooners by calling Arsenal a training centre for young players
:lol::lol::lol: This was very funny

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I reckon Paddy's done right by us in signing the extension earlier, this was probably on the cards and to be honest £2m for him is a bargain whether he wants to go or not... He's had a poor few seasons bar this last one. Fantastic season for him to end on and he's easily one of my all time favourite United players. Good luck Patrice.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Suddenly, signing Shaw for what we did and selling Evra and Buttner for pennies doesn't seem all that shrewd of Woody.

Having Shaw with a veteran like Evra as back up would be perfect, so him going now is such a shame on various levels. I hope it's worth it for him and he doesn't spend all his time on the bench anyway.

Nights

Suddenly, signing Shaw for what we did and selling Evra and Buttner for pennies doesn't seem all that shrewd of Woody.

Having Shaw with a veteran like Evra as back up would be perfect
Maybe the point was that Evra didn't want to be a backup.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Sad to see him go he was a proper United player, loved the club and played with passion.

It seems he wants to leave because of his wife and wants first team football, but from what i seen of Juve last season (not many times) they played 3 at the back, not sure how Evra will fit into that system, though i may be wrong and they normally play 4 at the back.

Heardy

Wonder if the main reason was not wanting to be back up to Luke Shaw, and would rather be first choice at Juve.

Can't really hold that against a player in the twilight of his career. Will be missed!

Fahad Jawaid

Great leader and influence in the dressing room, but his best days are behind him so i am not too sad that he is leaving, and i guess we didn't know Evra would go like this otherwise we wouldn't have let Buttner go. Do we have nobody from the reserves to cover the LB spot i know Evans can cover for it, if we are buying another Cb then we will manage i suppose.

Last edited:

XdanielredX

Losing a lot of experience and personality in the dressing room in Rio, Pat, Vida etc this year, will be interesting to see how it all goes.

Will there even be any real cover for Shaw?

Pat gone, Fabio gone, Buttner gone, Fryers gone. Suppose Evans can play there if needed, perhaps we will sign another left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.