Patrice Evra to West Ham

Jaybomb

I always hate to see club legends like Evra, Chicharito and Ferdinand lining up for other Premier League teams.

It’s just not right. I get that they’re footballers and need to continue playing but seeing Evra and Hernández say “come on you Irons” while throwing up that X Factor sign makes me physically sick to my stomach.

nesty

I always hate to see club legends like Evra, Chicharito and Ferdinand lining up for other Premier League teams.

It’s just not right. I get that they’re footballers and need to continue playing but seeing Evra and Hernández say “come on you Irons” while throwing up that X Factor sign makes me physically sick to my stomach.
Strange outlook. I could probably understand had they joined City or Liverpool.

The way I see it is we reaped the benefit of their best years. If they play for another premier league club towards the end of the careers, I don't really see an issue with this.

Cue Chica and Pat scoring against us in March...

edcunited1878

He's clearly, clearly past his prime and still wants to play top level football while earning wages, I don't think you can fault him. It's not as if he's going to a direct rival in his prime a la Tevez.

When someone gives you another lifeline to continue what you've known all your life and has provided for you and your family/friends, in this case West Ham is giving Pat the chance to play again, then so be it.

All the best to Pat, hope he doesn't make too much of a fool of himself. If he lines up against United in the reverse fixture, I hope he has a terrible match and Man Utd destroy WHU and embarrass Moyes, assuming he's still in charge.

Smudge

He’ll show Andy Carroll how to head those balls in to the back of the net

Sir A1ex

Biggest name player they've ever had in recent years TBH, they've probably only signed him to boost their social media.
Which is quite amusing in itself... y'know, after they signed one of City's most "legendary", long-serving full-backs a couple of season's ago and nobody blinked an eye-lid.:smirk:

Jaybomb

He’s really not that much past it. He was still one of the best LBs in the world at Juventus and even got to the Champions League final.

I don’t think he will set the world alight at West Ham though. That’s why it guts me that he even went there. It’s only gonna be for 6 months but if I was him, I wouldn’t have even bothered. I’d rather be known for “only” playing for Manchester United in the Prem.

Member 5225

I wasn't happy at first as I have a strong disliking to West Ham.

But when I mentioned it just now in the office that he'd be back in the premier league, all the scouse fans started piping up. "Feck sake, what's he doing back in the league?" etc.

Now I'm delighted.
and the Hammers are at Anfield soon aren't they? :lol:

Distracted Steward

I was a little disappointed for him when he was let go after kicking the fan in France. That might have been it for him. Even if just for a season or so, he's found a decent wage to wrap it up with until he comes back to the club as one of the best ambassadors we could ask for.

Silver

It’s only gonna be for 6 months but if I was him, I wouldn’t have even bothered. I’d rather be known for “only” playing for Manchester United in the Prem.
Why shouldn't he? Evra playing for another prem team well after his time with us isn't going to taint his legacy. He clearly still has the hunger to play at a high level. Rather silly to deny himself that opportunity for such superficial perceptions.

lammybam

I loved Pat's commitment, energy and love of playing. Sad to say, I think he's potentially going to be embarrassed at West Ham. He's done and could only possibly just about get away with it with quality players around him which he definitely won't have. I'm sure their manager will work out how to use him though given the genius he is