Paul Merson Pundit Thread

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Time wasting would get to insane level just to tick the clock during sin bin time, even if it's readded with stoppage time. Refs sin bin multiple players from the same team for these cynical time wasting tactic? That's quick way to destroying football game.

Next they would need to introduce stopwatch. Next ad between break...
It's situational, would time wasting benefit the team? You'd get long stoppages as you said.

I don't think the problem is with the sin bin itself but rather the application of it. Refs can't be trusted to administer punishment fairly.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
what if a goalkeeper gets sin binned? 10 mins of shooting at an open net?
Same as when a keeper gets sent off!

Isn't that different or difficult to comprehend I wouldn't have thought.

Wrecking ralf

Same as when a keeper gets sent off!

Isn't that different or difficult to comprehend I wouldn't have thought.
if a keeper gets sent off you usually sub a player off for another keeper. Not gonna do that for 10 mins and then have 2 keepers on the pitch are ya.

Champ

if a keeper gets sent off you usually sub a player off for another keeper. Not gonna do that for 10 mins and then have 2 keepers on the pitch are ya.
No, you'd play an outfield player in goal for the 10 mins, not hard to comprehend really?

Champ

Brilliant, it’s a daft idea. Never gonna happen
It's not a daft idea though, it's a great idea and it works well in football further down the pyramid, so there's proof that it does work.

I think this has a real chance of being implemented,

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If red cards didn't exist I think people would have the same objections to them as they do orange cards.

The real problem is the refs using it correctly but it's not something that is a truly terrible idea.

JogaBonitoRooney

This guy is the dumbest guy in football. You'd think after his terrible prediction on KDB he'd stay quiet but he keeps yapping.