6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattofManchester

I think he's pushing to leave on a free at the season's end.
If we're really that keen on Varane(which I object to, but nonetheless), might be better to offer him in a swap, because losing him on a free would be pitiful.

red_de_pologne

If we're really that keen on Varane(which I object to, but nonetheless), might be better to offer him in a swap, because losing him on a free would be pitiful.
Imagine losing a very promising youngster on a free, only to buy him back for a club record fee, only to lose him for free again.. Only at United

Gandalf

I would sell him and get Tielemans. Not worth keeping him for another year and miss out on 50m.
He has to agree to be sold though. If he can make a big fat payday by moving on a free there may be nothing we can do to stop him running down his contract if money is his main motivation. I know he wanted to go to Madrid but that was largely due to Zidane so who knows what his plans are now.

zenith

There is nothing we can do in case any player wants to leave on a free, but better for the team if we get rid of him and his bag of an agent as soon as possible.

hubbuh

He has to agree to be sold though. If he can make a big fat payday by moving on a free there may be nothing we can do to stop him running down his contract if money is his main motivation. I know he wanted to go to Madrid but that was largely due to Zidane so who knows what his plans are now.
It'd be a really sour ending if he only hung around an extra year to secure himself + his wagon of an agent a mega signing on bonus. Does feel inevitable at this point, sadly. I'd love it if we stuck him in the reserves for the year but that'd never happen.

Statue of Limitations

I really think his agent has done a number on his mentality, if he had a less dispicable agent, who knows how well it could have turned out for him here.
He is an absolute colossus when he is on his game, don't want him to leave us.

Diabovermelho

The club can't and won't offer £400k per week. I wouldn't even offer past £300k. So he'll definitely leave.

Question is will it be this summer (for a fee not higher than £50m) or for free next year?

El Jefe

Definitely leaving on a free and honestly I can't wait. For the first 3-4years I was arguing in his defence on this forum but now I'm just exhausted. Pogba isn't worth the hassle he brings on and off the pitch. He has great attributes which help the team but for everything he adds to the team, he hurts the team in other ways.

People still have debates about his best position after five seasons. If the realisation that he just isn't as good as you thought doesn't drop after that long it never will. David Silva played as a RM, LM, AM and CM for City and he was produced in all. Scholes played CM and SS and again was suberb at both. Yaya, KDB, Gerrard all played in different positions producing world class results. Pogba according to some on here has the most niche position for him to flourish, the LCM in a 4-3-3. While his best form has come from there, he's been just as inconsistent when played in that position.

You can't blame his position on his ridiculous record of giving penalties away or getting caught on the ball in dangerous positions. Pogba is what he is, we've seen him long enough to know what he's about. You take the good with the bad. He has world class ability and talent but not world class impact. It's frustrating but I've made my peace with it now.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Do we not have an option for an extension? If so, even if you give him an extra 150k per week, that's under 8m across a season which you'd presumably easily get as a transfer. So I can kind of see it.

It's a real pity, but at this stage does anyone really expect him to be the player we thought we signed?

eltigreFalcao

If parties involved are to be well negotiators it can be settled this same summe, saving us the pity of letting him go on a free for the second time. Raiola is, and knows hw to squeeze as much money from this, it remains to be seen what Real and United do. I really think we should join efforts with Real since Vrane is pushing for exactly the same

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Imagine losing a very promising youngster on a free, only to buy him back for a club record fee, only to lose him for free again.. Only at United
We simply cannot let that happen. Serious questions will have to be asked if it does.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Definitely leaving on a free and honestly I can't wait. For the first 3-4years I was arguing in his defence on this forum but now I'm just exhausted. Pogba isn't worth the hassle he brings on and off the pitch. He has great attributes which help the team but for everything he adds to the team, he hurts the team in other ways.

People still have debates about his best position after five seasons. If the realisation that he just isn't as good as you thought doesn't drop after that long it never will. David Silva played as a RM, LM, AM and CM for City and he was produced in all. Scholes played CM and SS and again was suberb at both. Yaya, KDB, Gerrard all played in different positions producing world class results. Pogba according to some on here has the most niche position for him to flourish, the LCM in a 4-3-3. While his best form has come from there, he's been just as inconsistent when played in that position.

You can't blame his position on his ridiculous record of giving penalties away or getting caught on the ball in dangerous positions. Pogba is what he is, we've seen him long enough to know what he's about. You take the good with the bad. He has world class ability and talent but not world class impact. It's frustrating but I've made my peace with it now.
This.
Said this about De Bruyne. Guardiola has played him in an array of positions and he delivers. With Pogba then we "have to play him in his right position." He is just not good enough, especially because he does not work hard enough.

Nori-

If we let him leave for free then the management of this situation have been absolutely shocking.

£89m for a player and you let him run down his contract? If you knew there was a chance he wouldn't sign a contract why not sell him last summer and get £50m back?

The ultimate insult will be if he rejoins Juve. Initially went to them for free, we bought him back for £89m.....then leaves for them on a free again.

Redlyn

Seriously ridiculous management. I'm ready for him to go this summer already. Only United can do that and generously extend a player like Phil Jones who has had managed 2 prem apps in the past 2 seasons.

Redlyn

There is no financial benefit for him to accept any deal at this point other than lucrative extension or free transfer. We are basically screwed.

Offsideagain

‘World class’ players should be able to play in any position, in Pogba’s case on the left or right or through the middle. Just excuses from the manager when Pogba has a shitter which has been too often. He is just a waste of money in whichever way you look at it unless he agrees to be sold. But who has the money?

ti vu

I still think he'll extend his contract.
If he's playing like this game through EURO, thing may change. He then would hold all the card, as come January, he may be able to negotiate with other club, and leave for free, next summer.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's a luxury player, seeing him with France and he's outstanding for them because he has such great pieces around him. If United get Sancho, I think it would be a mistake to let him go unless the offer was really good, which I doubt currently short of an oustanding Euro in which case he may be lost with no leverage for United as @ti vu explains above.

Idxomer

I'm sure the idea of getting Pogba on free will seem very appealing to a lot of clubs.

I could see him ending up at PSG and they're signing a Raiola player on free this summer.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s an exceptional footballer. It’s a shame we’ve never seen it consistently at United. He would’ve excelled in our 07-08 team.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He is an exceptional player. Agree with that.
But he would have slowed things down in that 07-08 team. Whom does he replace there?
He’d probably play the left sided CM, so he’d take minutes off Giggs & Anderson. We rotated a fair amount that year, I don’t think we had an outright first 11.

Bwuk

Always looks better for France because their front line has superb movement.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I want him to stay, I'd like that a lot. But if he doesn't sign soon and won't move on this summer for a fee then he should not be in a single squad next season.

gorky_utd

I was thinking about Varane and Sancho rumour while watching the France game. Bruno Pogba mid field with Rashford, Sancho, Cavani up top and Varane in defence is a potential CL winning squad. If only Glazers show some ambitions for one time.

Blood Mage

Our lack of talent/movement in attack has held Pogba back no doubt, but I still don't think he has ever been up for the fight of making us a football force again.

Grande

I was thinking about Varane and Sancho rumour while watching the France game. Bruno Pogba mid field with Rashford, Sancho, Cavani up top and Varane in defence is a potential CL winning squad. If only Glazers show some ambitions for one time.
He did have Tolisso and Kante like a McTom duo to shore things up, he wasn’t half of a midfield two.

So he’ll be one of four attacking players in that kind of situation.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I like him when he gets a run of games under his belt. He is injured alot though and his agent is a bellend. He also doesnt really fit into Ole's system. Get rid this summer for 30/40 mil and invest in the midfield.

Drizzle

I like him when he gets a run of games under his belt. He is injured alot though and his agent is a bellend. He also doesnt really fit into Ole's system. Get rid this summer for 30/40 mil and invest in the midfield.
I agree with all of that except the fee - I think we'd do well to even get £30m given he's free in 12 months.

I'd still do it though - £25m say and get a less talented but more suitable midfielder in his place for maybe £40m. Take the hit rather than see him stroll around all season putting in 75% effort and having lots of long niggly 'injuries'.

UpWithRivers

He played well in a 3 man midfield, one of them Kante and a front three that can move and pass and interchange with him....shocking! I just cant see why this doesnt work at United.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Selling Pogba for £25 million would be the worst piece of business this club could ever do. Even with one year left he should be £50 million easily and if not then better to lose him for free than a measly £25 mill.

Marwood

He's got his body sorted by the looks of it.

Compate him now to 18 months ago. Much slimmer.

Dante

Average bang
Hungary were a League 1 level side.

Every single one of their players were from their domestic league: Arda Kardzhali, Kisvárda FC, Levski Sofia, Lokomotiv Plovdiv, Slavia Sofia and Spezia.

Status
Not open for further replies.