Paul Pogba | Back in full training

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Great little video. Love him so much as a footballer.

Really hope we can secure Sancho this summer as for the first time in years we will finally have a team with multiple players of United quality. Not just depend on one or two lads like we have been doing.

While most summers have been recently this is another make or break one for us.
He is an incredibly likeable bloke, it's easy to see why he's always so popular in the dressing room.

I've said it a thousand times but I can't wait to see our attack line up together. If Pogba and Bruno are on the same wave length then we're likely looking at our most exciting end to a season since SAF.

I've not been a major critic of Pogba, but I am guilty of making some reactionary comments about selling him (particularly when his agent has trash talked Ole or the club).

But in reality, all the people that work with him now and in the past only have good things to say about him as a person. So important to not let the media cloud that.

It's a shame his second stint at the club has coincided with some shit managers and an unacceptable standard of squad, and of course some injuries.

I remember the early days watching Pogba in the youth team, and when watching the FA youth cup final at Old Trafford it was exciting to see this great talent on the cusp of the first team squad.

Pogba is a star, that's why he's big news and divides opinion. But I think now is the time for anyone that had a problem with him to draw a line under it and hope that we can see him produce his best levels in a United shirt when the game returns.

James Peril

Pogba, who is actually quite likeable and positive, will come back and be MotM every other game, dominate and get most people on his side. Then next year, after some bad results and maybe he gets injured, many will call for him to be sold because of some attitude problem he doesn’t have and say we’ll do just as alright with Fred and McTominay. And so it continues.... now it’s time to just enjoy Pogba on the pitch and hope he stays fit, by far our best player.

Rolaholic

I salivate every single time I think of watching Pogba and Bruno playing together in our midfield with a healthy Rashford, Greenwood and Martial in a few weeks time :drool: :drool:

Fully expecting to qualify for UCL footy next season with the squad Ole has at his disposal now, there won't be any fans or potential boo boys either during that month so even more chance of their quality shining through unaffected by external factors

United58

Great little video. Love him so much as a footballer.

Really hope we can secure Sancho this summer as for the first time in years we will finally have a team with multiple players of United quality. Not just depend on one or two lads like we have been doing.

While most summers have been recently this is another make or break one for us.
I'd forgotten about this goal :drool:

Also this reply:

:lol:

RUCK4444

Pogba, who is actually quite likeable and positive, will come back and be MotM every other game, dominate and get most people on his side. Then next year, after some bad results and maybe he gets injured, many will call for him to be sold because of some attitude problem he doesn’t have and say we’ll do just as alright with Fred and McTominay. And so it continues.... now it’s time to just enjoy Pogba on the pitch and hope he stays fit, by far our best player.
Amen brother. Agree with you to the word.

meamth

Surely nothing surpassing this high excitement and expectations to see him and Bruno combining.

Last time I felt like this was when we had Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo.

Bruno, Pogba, Rashford, Martial combining, my goodness I'm wet.

Fahad Jawaid

Surely nothing surpassing this high excitement and expectations to see him and Bruno combining.

Last time I felt like this was when we had Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo.

Bruno, Pogba, Rashford, Martial combining, my goodness I'm wet.
Add Sancho in there and then i am totally moist .

Pughnichi

Worrying stat on ManUtd website that confirms despite playing a mere 7 games this season, Pogba has still managed to complete the most amount of through balls. Love him or hate him, it’ll be great to have him back and hopefully form a great partnership with Bruno

Web of Bissaka

Worrying stat on ManUtd website that confirms despite playing a mere 7 games this season, Pogba has still managed to complete the most amount of through balls. Love him or hate him, it’ll be great to have him back and hopefully form a great partnership with Bruno
Link(s) mate?

EDIT: Found it (Link), Pogba's 5 through balls doesn't seem to make sense since I think Bruno made more through passes successfully so how is that stats actually being counted?

Last edited:

fps

If Sancho is added and Pogba stays, that team could challenge for the title. It will not stick together for seasons, but it could be great.

MDFC Manager

Yet some idiots on here think we'd be fine without him.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Yet some idiots on here think we'd be fine without him.
Of course we'll be fine without him, every player is replaceable ffs, would be a worse team for it? Yes, but we lost Ronaldo who was just about to enter his prime and we carried on, I'm sure we'll replace Pogba when sold - we'll be fine.

The issue with Pogba is that he causes extreme reactions on either end of the scale, is he shit? Again, no, but some of the posters on here would have you believe so. Would the club end if he leaves? Again no.

You suggesting people are idiots when you yourself have an extreme view of him too is a little "pot, kettle, black".

MDFC Manager

Of course we'll be fine without him, every player is replaceable ffs, would be a worse team for it? Yes, but we lost Ronaldo who was just about to enter his prime and we carried on, I'm sure we'll replace Pogba when sold - we'll be fine.

The issue with Pogba is that he causes extreme reactions on either end of the scale, is he shit? Again, no, but some of the posters on here would have you believe so. Would the club end if he leaves? Again no.

You suggesting people are idiots when you yourself have an extreme view of him too is a little "pot, kettle, black".
I should have clarified, but my post was specifically in response to people who think we did fine in Pogba's absense this season.

By the standards we should be expecting of United, we absolutely did not do fine.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I should have clarified, but my post was specifically in response to people who think we did fine in Pogba's absense this season.

By the standards we should be expecting of United, we absolutely did not do fine.
Ah then I apologise, and agree.

Until Bruno came in we were toothless, afterwards though is why I feel we would be okay with or without Pogba - would much rather have them both though obviously, hopefully they can show us what they can do during this comeback!

SweetRightFoot

A midfield of Scott at 6, Pogba at 8 and Bruno at 10 is arguably the best in the league, only City (Fernandinho, De Bruyne, et al) is comparable.

MDFC Manager

Ah then I apologise, and agree.

Until Bruno came in we were toothless, afterwards though is why I feel we would be okay with or without Pogba - would much rather have them both though obviously, hopefully they can show us what they can do during this comeback!
No worries mate.

Bruno has slotted in fantastically indeed. We should still have multiple creative outlets in the team and let's also see what effect Bruno has on Pogba. Plus we should really try to get in Sancho if it's feasible. It could be the start of something special!

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I've not been a major critic of Pogba, but I am guilty of making some reactionary comments about selling him (particularly when his agent has trash talked Ole or the club).

But in reality, all the people that work with him now and in the past only have good things to say about him as a person. So important to not let the media cloud that.

It's a shame his second stint at the club has coincided with some shit managers and an unacceptable standard of squad, and of course some injuries.

I remember the early days watching Pogba in the youth team, and when watching the FA youth cup final at Old Trafford it was exciting to see this great talent on the cusp of the first team squad.

Pogba is a star, that's why he's big news and divides opinion. But I think now is the time for anyone that had a problem with him to draw a line under it and hope that we can see him produce his best levels in a United shirt when the game returns.
This.

It's a point missed by some on here, and I hope everybody else starts getting that because the ridiculous notions that Pogba is a diva, unprofessional, and/or a bad influence on this team is still going around to this day.

I can't really blame Pogba if he wanted to leave last summer, because this was a mediocre team, all the transfers coming in were under-performing, there was such a toxic atmosphere at the club, but credit to Ole he has turned at least that part of it around. Say what you want about his tactics or substitutions, it's not easy to turn a toxic atmosphere around. The recruits he has made have actually (gasp!) performed as expected and were positive reinforcements to the team. So this is the first season in a while where there's a sense of growth and progress, and I think that's all you need for a player like Pogba to be happy because of the fact that he is a United fan as well. I'm excited for him, and the whole team, and the fans of the club because there's actually a sense of possibilities now.

Now imagine with Sancho coming in, who would not want to be on this team?

Rolaholic

Just posting for the ones who were more than willing to get rid of him on the cheap due to him being a 'virus' (thanks Jose) even after our form started turning around

Adding him and a healthy Rashford to the squad as composed is a mouth watering prospect for any fan of the club

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If he truly is committed to us and really wants to stay then he needs to sign a new deal for me. There's been way too much smoke to be no fire though.

If he stays and doesn't renew he will have 1 Yr left at the end of next season and we lose all bargaining power.
Why would our fans want that scenario?

If he signs a new deal then we are all happy and let's kick on and try and get back to where we belong. If he doesn't it will just be a huge distraction all season again. Madrid n Juve calls will just intensify. I'd honestly rather sell him if he has no intention of renewing. Happy to keep him if he proves his commitment.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

Just posting for the ones who were more than willing to get rid of him on the cheap due to him being a 'virus' (thanks Jose) even after our form started turning around

Adding him and a healthy Rashford to the squad as composed is a mouth watering prospect for any fan of the club
I think some people just haven't realized how mouth watering and great a midfield composed of Pogba and Bruno could potentially be. We'd have one of the best midfield in the world if things click. This season we could potentially go from a mediocre midfield(Pogba out injured, No Bruno) to the best in the league when the league resumes.

People who want to get rid of our better players because we brought in another one always sound ridiculous to me. Instead of holding onto the quality players we have(Pogba) and add more qualities(Bruno), some folks want to get rid of one instead just because they easily get salty by reading whatever nonsense is presented to them by biased media and agenda driven pundits out there.

For me it's quite simple. You love football, you love you Club then you wish and want to keep hold of your better players no matter what, not only for the sake of improving and winning but also because you want to see some special things on the field played by your team, and I'm expecting to see some mouth watering stuff with Pogba and Bruno out there together on the pitch.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
A midfield of Scott at 6, Pogba at 8 and Bruno at 10 is arguably the best in the league, only City (Fernandinho, De Bruyne, et al) is comparable.
I would say City's is better as De Bruyne is the best midfielder out if all. McTominay is decent but not much more than that. I dont rate Bruno that much and I still think he needs to prove himself at a big club. He didnt impress me too much in Serie A and neither for Portugal. Granted I haven't watched him at Sporting. He started off well for you guys but needs to show it over a season.

On form Pogba does make your midfield just behind Man City's though and close with Liverpool. Not that Liverpool's midfield is great but it functions well together which we still need to see for United given they haven't played together yet.

I do think you guys need a better DM though to function well. Someone like Thomas Partey.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
If he truly is committed to us and really wants to stay then he needs to sign a new deal for me. There's been way too much smoke to be no fire though.

If he stays and doesn't renew he will have 1 Yr left at the end of next season and we lose all bargaining power.
Why would our fans want that scenario?
Honestly, if I were in his position I would probably want us to 'prove' that this isn't another false dawn and we really are getting our shit together before I signed a new contract. Or maybe sign a one year extension for now with the understanding that if we don't come good next season we would then let him go for a decent fee. On the other hand, if we do push on and the future is looking bright then sign a proper new contract. We've largely been shit for the four years he's been here so I wouldn't blame him for thinking along those lines.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
? That's weird. Thought it should be KDB unless he's "not" a CM.

Assist is a registered dependence stat, a lot of Pogba's "assists" failed to be finished.

Pogba definitely should be expected to be among the top.
This is the top ranking among Manchester United players

Betson

I am someone who thinks he has been a disappointment since we signed him , he has not made the impact we had expected and has shown very little leadership skills for someone who was so highly rated and has played in and won a World cup final , Serie A winner etc etc.

But at times he has looked a real quality player and you can see why he paid so much for him , but those times are too inconsistent for a player that should be one of the lynch pins of your team.

There is no doubt there is a a lot of talent there , but would like to see him play like he has a chip on his shoulder with something to prove rather than the laid back Pogba we often get drifting in and out of games.

If he stays hopefully his attitude will harden and will be out to prove all the doubters wrong , he has great athleticism and ability and if we could get consistency out of him then we have a real player on our hands and if he can link up well with Bruno etc then we have a real midfield on our hands that can go up against anyone.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I am someone who thinks he has been a disappointment since we signed him , he has not made the impact we had expected and has shown very little leadership skills for someone who was so highly rated and has played in and won a World cup final , Serie A winner etc etc.

But at times he has looked a real quality player and you can see why he paid so much for him , but those times are too inconsistent for a player that should be one of the lynch pins of your team.

There is no doubt there is a a lot of talent there , but would like to see him play like he has a chip on his shoulder with something to prove rather than the laid back Pogba we often get drifting in and out of games.

If he stays hopefully his attitude will harden and will be out to prove all the doubters wrong , he has great athleticism and ability and if we could get consistency out of him then we have a real player on our hands and if he can link up well with Bruno etc then we have a real midfield on our hands that can go up against anyone.
:lol: stuff like this always makes me laugh

Saddy

Maybe he will be signing a new contract as nobody will pay a high price for him
This is the reason why players already on high contracts won't be moving this year - I'm still 50/50 on Pogba but this is his chance to shine alongside Bruno and Fred/McTom in midfield add Sancho for a title winning team IMO

Withnail

This is the top ranking among Manchester United players
It says 'led the premier league' so it's not just United players.

There's a reason why they say CM. That way they can rule out KDB, Hazard, TAA etc.

Although, KDB got 12 assists from 22 appearances at CM according to whoscored which would put him at 0.54 for that position.

Adam-Utd

Do you think he has been shown any leadership capabilities since he came back here?
I'm not in the dressing room I couldn't say he does or doesn't. How could you possibly know?

romufc

I'm not in the dressing room I couldn't say he does or doesn't. How could you possibly know?
To be honest, we have seen alot of players come out and speak very highly of Pogba. I haven't really heard anything on the contrary by anyone.

Lingard was asked about Pogba yesterday on SSN and he also mentioned how after a defeat Pogba is there to pick the lads up again, which to me is leadership.

Adam-Utd

To be honest, we have seen alot of players come out and speak very highly of Pogba. I haven't really heard anything on the contrary by anyone.

Lingard was asked about Pogba yesterday on SSN and he also mentioned how after a defeat Pogba is there to pick the lads up again, which to me is leadership.
Yep we hear way more positives than negatives - which makes me always wonder what these chaps are talking about.

To them I assume Leadership is flying around the pitch with crunching tackles and shouting at the opponents/referee? not really sure.

@Betson What is your definition of leadership, what do you want to see from Pogba?