Paul Pogba being blackmailed by his own brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Why does every fecking thread descend into just arguing with each other and people trying to take the moral high ground then completely ignoring what the thread is actually about.

Someone could literally post a thread "I like football" and sure enough within 10 minutes someone would be along to explain why the OP can't actually like football.

A lot of disingenuous people here trying to walk back comments like "thank God he's not our problem anymore" as meaning in the pragmatic sense of distraction to the team.

That would make sense if this was another story about Pogba's own actions causing a circus. However, call me crazy, but if you've been held up at gunpoint and targeted for extortion to the tune of £13m by a gang that includes your own brother via the most obvious BS involving witch doctors (and rumoured match fixing/leaking tactics/faking injuries etc) then I think it'd fair to say you're the victim in this instance.

Imagine if De Gea got assaulted on the way home from training tomorrow and people said "get rid, DDG's too much of a distraction", you'd (correctly) think they're a complete moron.

Why bracket THIS story in the "Paul Pogba circus" file?

marcus agrippa

Which topic is more suited to a bit of light hearted piss-taking?

(Alleged) violent domestic sexual abuse?

Or a footballer being blackmailed by his brother about (allegedly) getting a witch doctor to curse Mbappé?

Tough call.
Or ... hear me out: "A footballer (allegedly) being held at gunpoint by gang-members."

I see what you did there. It's a variation of the framing effect.

Fooza

It's a sad situation and if rifles are involved, that's even worse

But come on guys, berating those who are saying "he isn't our problem" need to chill, I can see the context here too.

We've faced the Pogba circus for years (especially coming from his idiot brother) and as soon as he leaves, there's still a lot of circus that is following him that is including his brother, so I can see why people are saying glad he's not our problem. For me, as sad as this news is, it's had just reaffirmed why it's good he left the club, so we don't have to deal with him and what surrounds him anymore.

Hope he sorts this mess out, but something tells me he's just on a downward spiral from here on end.

Brophs

The One and Only
He seems to have found it a sight easier to retain possession of that €13m than he did the ball in our midfield in recent years.

*by his brother
And? So DDG being attacked on the way home from training *by his brother* should shift perspective on the player somehow? I think the more sane view would be that his brother is a terrible human being rather than blaming DDG for his sibling being a psycho.

Unless you think people are responsible for the actions of other family members - but that would be lunacy, obviously.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Interesting take. Anybody who gets assaulted by a family member is in the wrong then?
WTF?!

Such a bizarre way to interpret what I said. Happening a lot in this thread.

A story breaking on Tiktok about a professional footballer who is being (allegedly) blackmailed by his own brother, because of some weird shit to do with witch doctors and Kylian Mbappé, is a million times more out there than a story about another footballer getting beaten up on their way into training.

The idea that both breaking news stories should be treated with the exact same sense of seriousness and gravity is - obviously - fecking nuts.

And that’s ignoring your (equally nuts) implication that I’m blaming Paul Pogba for what happened.

Jev

*by his brother
There was nothing really wrong with your or anyone else's response to this thread until you started doubling down on this. But your take now is so weird. Being held at gunpoint by hooded men is a trivial matter if your brother is somehow behind it? Is that the point you're trying to get across?

And don't get me started about people being precious, you're the one being defensive right now.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
There was nothing really wrong with your or anyone else's response to this thread until you started doubling down on this. But your take now is so weird. Being held at gunpoint by hooded men is a trivial matter if your brother is somehow behind it? Is that the point you're trying to get across?

And don't get me started about people being precious, you're the one being defensive right now.
Read my last post. Not trivial. Just much more crazy.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
So as far as I can tell, Pogba was held at gunpoint by his former friends who felt they deserved 13 million euros from him for "having his back" when they were growing up, and part of this group of would be extortionists is Mathias Pogba.

This thing is just bizarre. But its also incredibly tragic for Paul Pogba. Held at gunpoint by people you thought were friends, and now your own brother whom youve been close with all your life sits on fecking TikTok rambling on about would be scandals he threatens to release.

I genuinely feel sorry for Paul.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Why does every fecking thread descend into just arguing with each other and people trying to take the moral high ground then completely ignoring what the thread is actually about.

Someone could literally post a thread "I like football" and sure enough within 10 minutes someone would be along to explain why the OP can't actually like football.
100%. This shit is serious. I mean, a person I'm not particularly fond of went to a witch doctor to curse another person I'm not fond of. And then he was (allegedly) held at gunpoint by his own bro, cause everyone wants monies. Now, at face value that is hilarious. But... No... No, it's serious. 'Cause the moral high ground and all is important on a forum.

Last edited:

Olmer

A feckin witch doctor. You couldn't make this shit up.
Just imagine how much power you hold by being a witch doctor. One spell is literally worth tens of millions.
Makes me wanna question my career choices...

CM

WTF?!

Such a bizarre way to interpret what I said. Happening a lot in this thread.

A story breaking on Tiktok about a professional footballer who is being (allegedly) blackmailed by his own brother, because of some weird shit to do with witch doctors and Kylian Mbappé, is a million times more out there than a story about another footballer getting beaten up on their way into training.

The idea that both breaking news stories should be treated with the exact same sense of seriousness and gravity is - obviously - fecking nuts.

And that’s ignoring your (equally nuts) implication that I’m blaming Paul Pogba for what happened.
Everything you've written in this thread has some weird undertone that Pogba has brought it on himself :lol: Call it nuts if you like but it's plain for all to see

Red the Bear

Something less generic
This is fecking terrible I wish him well, it must suck being black mailed by your brother.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
:lol: Now that is funny!

Further my agenda. Great stuff. He’s already gone. I couldn’t care less what happens to him now he’s not a United player. What’s my agenda now? Hoping that Juventus sell him?!?
Yet here you are making multiple posts in this thread...

IRELANDUNITED

But is there any indication what the “secret” the brother is threatening to reveal might be?

Brophs

The One and Only
I'm so glad he doesn't play for us any more.

Not because of the blackmail, or witch doctor things. He just played like a cnut for most of his time here.

Revaulx

If these reports are true and you’re being pragmatic then it is better that he’s not our player.
100% this.

That said, if he’s being fecked over by his family like this then it’s a very sad situation for him and not something that should be enjoyed.
100% this as well.

I long for the days before the Internet when it was possible for one to have views and opinions that weren’t completely polarised.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Yet here you are making multiple posts in this thread...
Correct. It’s one of the most mental football-related stories of the year. Maybe last decade? Why wouldn’t I talk about it?

As for caring what happens to Pogba. I really don’t. I obviously wish him no harm. And I do actually feel sorry for him if this all pans out as it seems at face value. Being betrayed by your own family must be grim.

But I couldn’t give two shits about his career from now on. Same way I feel about basically all non-United players. I certainly have no “agenda” about him. Why would I?

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
The giddiness displayed in this thread to a former player getting held up at gunpoint and allegedly extorted by his blood brother is peak goofball behavior. Too football-obsessed weirdos hiding behind anonymous profiles.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Correct. It’s one of the most mental football-related stories of the year. Maybe last decade? Why wouldn’t I talk about it?

As for caring what happens to Pogba. I really don’t.
I obviously wish him no harm. And I do actually feel sorry for him if this all pans out as it seems at face value. Being betrayed by your own family must be grim.

But I couldn’t give two shits about his career from now on.
Same way I feel about basically all non-United players. I certainly have no “agenda” about him. Why would I?
Who posts about an ex-player they don't care about? You might want to rethink that logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.