Paul Pogba being blackmailed by his own brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Not his biggest fan, far from it but I wish his bank balance a speedy recovery

Fridge chutney

What a fecked situation. Being betrayed by one's own family is horrible (i sadly speak from experience) and i wonder if he is able to draw support from his mother and the rest of his family.

His brother sounds like a right scumbag.

Interesting take. Anybody who gets assaulted by a family member is in the wrong then?
WTF?!

Such a bizarre way to interpret what I said. Happening a lot in this thread.

A story breaking on Tiktok about a professional footballer who is being (allegedly) blackmailed by his own brother, because of some weird shit to do with witch doctors and Kylian Mbappé, is a million times more out there than a story about another footballer getting beaten up on their way into training.

The idea that both breaking news stories should be treated with the exact same sense of seriousness and gravity is - obviously - fecking nuts.

And that’s ignoring your (equally nuts) implication that I’m blaming Paul Pogba for what happened.
1. Thread is about Paul Pogba being blackmailed by a gang including his brother for £13m through the most ludicrous BS imaginable.

2. Replies include posts along the lines of "we're well rid of that circus".

3. You state this is a reasonable reaction. Given the thread topic, the "circus" comments are clearly implying this to be another example of *Paul Pogba himself* being responsible for causing distractions, otherwise your reply would be more along the lines of "I agree he caused a ton of distractions, but what relevance does that have here?"

4. I have no idea how the nature of the crime or the petrator being a family member makes "thank God he's not our distraction anymore" any more of a sensible statement.

I'm not a fan of Pogba's at all, and do believe he acted in a number of immature ways at United to warrant being labelled as a destabalising influence on the squad. This isn't an example to add to the case file though. Anyone who believes this is akin to the United fan that thinks McT being shit (which he generally is) means he can't EVER have a good game - preconceived notions about an aspect of a player's game/personality etc. leading to default black or white responses that always look to back these viewpoints up e.g. Pogba being a distraction previously means any controversial story involving him (even as the clear victim) is another example of this. All context is ignores due to the cognitive bias of "Pogba in the news" must always mean "Pogba at fault"

R'hllor

Masks falling off all over the place, how him being at gun point translates to "lucky he aint our problem no more", i mean if he was holding a gun, thats different matter but wtf

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Seriously duuuude! I swear I'll make money in my country as a witch doctor. People are really, really gullible.
What's funny about this??? Nothing I tells ya!! NOTHING!!
That's the bit about the *snigger*... sorry, witch doctor
Mmmmmba-Ppe! Mmmba-Ppe! I speaks to your goals! Stop. I forbid your goals Mmmmba-Ppe! They shall not sour this world anymore! Y'hear? Begone with ya goals, Mbappe!!
Wow, some of you are such decent human beings. Well done. The world is a better place thanks to you guys.
You ok?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
1. Thread is about Paul Pogba being blackmailed by a gang including his brother for £13m through the most ludicrous BS imaginable.

3. You state this is a reasonable reaction. Given the thread topic, the "circus" comments are clearly implying this to be another example of *Paul Pogba himself* being responsible for causing distractions, otherwise your reply would be more along the lines of "I agree he caused a ton of distractions, but what relevance does that have here?"

4. I have no idea how the nature of the crime or the petrator being a family member makes "thank God he's not our distraction anymore" any more of a sensible statement.

I'm not a fan of Pogba's at all, and do believe he acted in a number of immature ways at United to warrant being labelled as a destabalising influence on the squad. This isn't an example to add to the case file though. Anyone who believes this is akin to the United fan that thinks McT being shit (which he generally is) means he can't EVER have a good game - preconceived notions about an aspect of a player's game/personality etc. leading to default black or white responses that always look to back these viewpoints up e.g. Pogba being a distraction previously means any controversial story involving him (even as the clear victim) is another example of this. All context is ignores due to the cognitive bias of "Pogba in the news" must always mean "Pogba at fault"
The “circus” is Paul Pogba and his brother (and whichever other former friends/associates are involved).

Why do I keep having to state the obvious here?

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
The guy who reads a story about that ex-player being blackmailed by his brother about using a witch doctor to curse Kylian Mbappé. That guy. I mean, fecking hell. Do you really need that spelled out to you?
I mean. Shit. That's... That's funny. C'mon. Seriously. Anyway, I'm outta here. Don't want to say something I'll regret later.

90 + 5min

You need to understand that it is difference between "Pogbas fault" and "good that he is not our problem anymore with all circus around him".

The “circus” is Paul Pogba and his brother (and whichever other former friends/associates are involved).

Why do I keep having to state the obvious here?
Because the "circus" involves Paul Pogba but *in this case* is not of his making in any way, shape or form. Hence why the "thank God he's not our problem" replies clearly don't constitute a reasonable reaction in any sense of the word.

Why do I have to keep stating the obvious here?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Because the "circus" involves Paul Pogba but *in this case* is not of his making in any way, shape or form. Hence why the "thank God he's not our problem" replies clearly don't constitute a reasonable reaction in any sense of the word.

It’s completely irrelevant whose fault it his he’s involved in this circus. All that matters is that he’s part of it. Which is absolutely fecking guaranteed to cause a massive headache for Juve in the weeks/months ahead. A headache that we’ve thankfully avoided. Surely you can understand this? I honestly can’t express myself any clearer.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Is there an ongoing feud between Mbappe and pogba?

Whats up with that witch doctor thingy.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Honestly Pogba is like the footballer version of that trampoline from The Simpsons

You need to understand that it is difference between "Pogbas fault" and "good that he is not our problem anymore with all circus around him".
Except the "circus" criticisms about Pogba at United were in regards to his conduct (fairly in many cases). This isn't anything to do with his conduct. So those types of exasperated replies in this context don't apply.

The "circus" term for a player is typically applied to those that cause this through eye-rolling conduct e.g. Ronaldo being a diva, Pogba getting his agent to blab on about transfers etc. and is brought on by themselves, not the case here and shouldn't need pointing out.

Lynty

We need an inquest into which of our players was cursed by the witch doctor.

Did Rashford fall out with Pogba? Maguire certainly got voodoo’d. Who else?

We need to bring in our own club witch doctor

wr8_utd

:'(

Just keeps getting crazier.

CM

It's not worth the energy

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
What the hell is going on with Pogba and his brother? Bizarre stuff.

It’s completely irrelevant whose fault it his he’s involved in this circus. All that matters is that he’s part of it. Which is absolutely fecking guaranteed to cause a massive headache for Juve in the weeks/months ahead. A headache that we’ve thankfully avoided. Surely you can understand this? I honestly can’t express myself any clearer.
OK Pogue, so the exasperated in tone circus responses are about this story in a vacuum and the effect this would have on United, with no "typical Pogba drama" undercurrents whatsoever. If Juan Mata had been held at gunpoint and blackmailed for £13m by his brother the thread would read similarly and contain just as many thank God he's not our problem responses. Got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.