Paul Pogba being blackmailed by his own brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drz

His brother seems really weird. The hell is he talking about :confused:
It indeed seems really weird, the video almost looks like a marketing campaign in terms of "stay tuned for the next episode to find out what I have to say"...

Deery

Dreary
Spin it how you please. We’ve all seen your posts in his threads year in year out. It’s safe to say you harboured a very strong dislike for the man, and when somebody called out people in this thread for revelling in the fact he was held up at gunpoint, your first thought was about the “bad news for his employer”.
Literally nobody said anything and the guy starts accusing United fans, happens all the time on the internet.

90 + 5min

No words needed about this circus. Luckly some others problems now.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Spin it how you please. We’ve all seen your posts in his threads year in year out. It’s safe to say you harboured a very strong dislike for the man, and when somebody called out people in this thread for revelling in the fact he was held up at gunpoint, your first thought was about the “bad news for his employer”.
My first thought was “wtf”, to be precise.

I only mentioned that it was “bad news for his employer” to spell out why United fans could have a perfectly reasonable response to the news of “thank feck he’s not at United any more”.

So bizarre that anyone would object to comments like that. He wasn’t fecking mugged. Nobody died or got hurt. He’s got sucked into a monumental family spat.

RedDevilRoshi

This is crazy! I thought Paul and his brothers were very close?

Glad he’s Juventus’ problem now rather than ours.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Seems like there is only one agenda poster here, and it isn't @Pogue Mahone .

This is a distracting event, and anyone with a modicum of common sense would be thankful it isn't near their club. Not his biggest fan, but wish him all the best.

DickDastardly

I only mentioned that it was “bad news for his employer” to spell out why United fans could have a perfectly reasonable response to the news of “thank feck he’s not at United any more”.

So bizarre that anyone would object to comments like that. He wasn’t fecking mugged. He’s got sucked into a monumental family spat.
Why even justify yourself?

If we can have fun with Giggs who's a true United legend, why the feck is Paul Pogba some sort of sacred being you can't have fun with?!

Who gives a feck about his disfunctional family.

And you labeled it perfectly - thank feck he's not here anymore.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

I only mentioned that it was “bad news for his employer” to spell out why United fans could have a perfectly reasonable response to the news of “thank feck he’s not at United any more”. So bizarre that anyone would object to this. He wasn’t fecking mugged. He’s got sucked into a monumental family spat.
I don’t really get the mugging thing you keep going on about. Is being mugged the only crime? Also, have you even read the twitter thread in your OP? He’s being harassed by a gang (which includes his brother) who have held him at gunpoint and have tried to intimidate him on multiple occasions in both England and in Italy. To say it’s just a family spat is such a redundancy, he’s quite literally the victim of multiple crimes here.
——
Just for the sake of clarification: I have no concern with the idea of any Manchester United fan being content with Pogba no longer being at the club (I didn’t want him here still either, though for actual footballing reasons — I think he is mega crocked and it seems that way). I was more taking issue with using the guise of this as a way for people who didn’t like the guy to get their kicks in. Which some are quite clearly doing.

Classical Mechanic

If these reports are true and you’re being pragmatic then it is better that he’s not our player. That said, if he’s being fecked over by his family like this then it’s a very sad situation for him and not something that should be enjoyed.

CM

Thank feck we got rid and didn’t offer him another extremely lucrative contract.

Seems an entirely reasonable reaction. That’s exactly how I feel. This isn’t a random hold up on the street. This is a footballer who seems to have a deeply dysfunctional relationship with people who are very close to him. That’s bad news for his employer.
Is this parody?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

So bizarre that anyone would object to comments like that. He wasn’t fecking mugged. Nobody died or got hurt. He’s got sucked into a monumental family spat.
Pogue, you can’t be serious! :lol:
Would you rather be mugged or held up at gun point?

Classical Mechanic

If we can have fun with Giggs who's a true United legend, why the feck is Paul Pogba some sort of sacred being you can't have fun with?!

Giggs was the perp whilst it seems that Pogba is the victim.

Jev

It says he was trapped by hooded men with assault rifles. Might have preferred a mugging.

NotThatSoph

If we can make fun of Giggs for being a horrible person, why can't we make fun of Pogba being held at gunpoint, is that your question?

Drz

So far isn't this a "he said vs he said" situation? From what I gathered off what one of the brother's tweets is that Paul is using his status to drive the narrative. Or have I missed something or all of it?

crossy1686

career ending
So far isn't this a "he said vs he said" situation? From what I gathered off what one of the brother's tweets is that Paul is using his status to drive the narrative. Or have I missed something or all of it?
Seems like it's that way, along with Paul's lawyer, the woman from the documentary, who's idea all that shit show was.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
French drama is the craziest of all, isn’t it?

Like movie stuff. Ribéry, Benzema, Pogba, Platini each time, absolutely bonkers.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
This is really sad. Imagine having a brother like this?

I will say, why would him allegedly visiting a witch doctor mean that he'd be willing to pay 13M Euros to keep that quiet? It's embarrassing maybe but not detrimental surely?
Possibly because he's meant to be a practicing Muslim, and that would be blasphemous, let alone embarrassing.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I don’t really get the mugging thing you keep going on about. Is being mugged the only crime? Also, have you even read the twitter thread in your OP? He’s being harassed by a gang (which includes his brother) who have held him at gunpoint and have tried to intimidate him on multiple occasions in both England and in Italy. To say it’s just a family spat is such a redundancy, he’s quite literally the victim of multiple crimes here.
——
Just for the sake of clarification: I have no concern with the idea of any Manchester United fan being content with Pogba no longer being at the club (I didn’t want him here still either, though for actual footballing reasons — I think he is mega crocked and it seems that way). I was more taking issue with using the guise of this as a way for people who didn’t like the guy to get their kicks in. Which some are quite clearly doing.
The mugged thing is to point out that he hasn’t been harmed. He’s obviously found himself in some sort of shitty situation (the full details of which are yet to come out) but he’s ok. He’s not hurt, or currently in danger.

The big issue right now seems to mainly be his brother shooting his mouth off on social media. So it’s ok for a United fan to think “well this is all nuts, thank feck it’s Juve’s problem”.

Honestly. Why are so many of you being so precious and upset when people respond that way? That upset is the only genuinely odd response in this thread.

NotThatSoph

It was more in regards on joking about disfunctional families.

And it sure looks like one.
Just wait until you read about Dalian Atkinson. Such a dysfunctional family that a domestic incident ended with the cops killing him, pretty hilarious stuff.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
If we can make fun of Giggs for being a horrible person, why can't we make fun of Pogba being held at gunpoint, is that your question?
Which topic is more suited to a bit of light hearted piss-taking?

(Alleged) violent domestic sexual abuse?

Or a footballer being blackmailed by his brother about (allegedly) getting a witch doctor to curse Mbappé?

Tough call.

alexthelion

——
Allegedly?

Thank feck he's not our problem anymore.

crossy1686

career ending
I used to hate the Pogba drama whenever he was injured or on international duty, now I love it and he's saved the best for after he's left us.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I used to hate the Pogba drama whenever he was injured or on international duty, now I love it and he's saved the best for after he's left us.
You love that he was allegedly being held at gunpoint?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.