Paul Pogba - Juventus player

TsuWave

such a technically gifted player despite his size. Silky. In fact, his size caused him to be mis-profiled by many. All them years wasted in a double pivot. Sigh

Nero

All the technical gifts don't make up for the other 89 mintues he was a liability. The ultimate Youtube player.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't rate pogba at all but I always wondered how Zidane would utilize him, Zidane is certainly someone who you could say knows his stuff surely he had saw something in pogba to supposedly want him.

Jeffthered

Paul Pogba is a brilliant footballer. Shame it didn't quite work out, really is. But I think he's a terrific player.

The guy hit 21 from centre midfield in one season when we were absolutely dire. People seem.to forget that. I wouldn't mind ONE of our current forwards, let alone midfielders reaching those numbers..

Nero

Paul Pogba is a brilliant footballer. Shame it didn't quite work out, really is. But I think he's a terrific player.

The guy hit 21 from centre midfield in one season when we were absolutely dire. People seem.to forget that. I wouldn't mind ONE of our current forwards, let alone midfielders reaching those numbers..
His best season was 16.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag

21 what? Goals? No man.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Quick fact check / caveat on this.

He actually hit 16 for us in the season you're referring to, 2018/19
EIGHT of which were pens.

Doesn't half help the stats.

TsuWave

Aye man, I just came to the thread to appreciate a player I like and posted a video highlight of some of his skills - I didn't mean to offend anyone

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Aye man, I just came to the thread to appreciate a player I like and posted a video highlight of some of his skills - I didn't mean to offend anyone
Too late, we are all offended for various reasons.:mad:

Threesus

such a technically gifted player despite his size. Silky. In fact, his size caused him to be mis-profiled by many. All them years wasted in a double pivot. Sigh
Thanks for posting this man. I have said this before, but I doubt I will ever see such a unique and brilliant player in midfield for us again. He would have cooked under ten hag.

The annoying thing is, we have brought in a good coach and a DM after he left. Let’s hope we can provide a good environment to emerging talents like garnacho from now on.

Remember the geese

I loved watching him come through our youth team. He was a joy to watch. His skill set was so broad. Won't be remembered all that fondly, but the guy was a special talent. Just a shame that the club has been a mess for so long. In another life and all that.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Funny thing is, he could easily play that de jong position that ETH is looking for right now. I think he would have been unreal under Ten Hag.

cyberman

Wasn’t his best position considered a double pivot because of his French career?
He wasn’t mis-profiled at all, he was only brought back there because he was such a liability further forward

TsuWave

Wasn’t his best position considered a double pivot because of his French career?
He wasn’t mis-profiled at all, he was only brought back there because he was such a liability further forward
Pogba's best performances for us came when he played forward to the left of the attack. I don't even know what you're talking about him being a liability further forward, seeing as he led United in almost every attacking stats at one point, and also got shouts of best player in the league when he played further forward. He was pushed to double pivot due to how unbalanced our squad was and due to his physical stature. His playing attributes were never really suited for the role.

This is one of them Mandela effect players where people have just decided to agree he was poor for United everywhere, every time, all the time, but alas

Last edited:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Quick fact check / caveat on this.

He actually hit 16 for us in the season you're referring to, 2018/19
EIGHT of which were pens.

Doesn't half help the stats.
yeah you say that but 1,200 of ronaldo’s 900 goals were penalties.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Funny thing is, he could easily play that de jong position that ETH is looking for right now. I think he would have been unreal under Ten Hag.
He wouldn't, he is nothing like De Jong type of player. He absolutely never was that kind of midfielder, have you actually ever watched him?

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Awesome talent, his passing ability is another level. Hard to admit as Scholes and Becks are true heroes of mine. Shame he wasnt the player he could've been eh.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Pogba's best performances for us came when he played forward to the left of the attack. I don't even know what you're talking about him being a liability further forward, seeing as he led United in almost every attacking stats at one point, and also got shouts of best player in the league when he played further forward. He was pushed to double pivot due to how unbalanced our squad was and due to his physical stature. His playing attributes were never really suited for the role

This is one of them mandela effect players were people have just decided to agree he was poor for United everywhere, every time, all the time, but alas
Yea he was bad at 10 but best at inside left. Suited 433 and not the shit manager's he worked with

Eriku

Pogba's best performances for us came when he played forward to the left of the attack. I don't even know what you're talking about him being a liability further forward, seeing as he led United in almost every attacking stats at one point, and also got shouts of best player in the league when he played further forward. He was pushed to double pivot due to how unbalanced our squad was and due to his physical stature. His playing attributes were never really suited for the role

This is one of them mandela effect players were people have just decided to agree he was poor for United everywhere, every time, all the time, but alas
Totally agree. Way too fond of going solo and skilling his way out of situations to be a reliable double pivot, his decision making often made it hard for us to control matches when he was a CM. But to say he was a liabilty offensively is :wenger:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Did someone just say on another level to Scholes passing wise? :lol:

Scholes was capable of some absolute beautiful passes, short and long, he did so on a consistent basis, unlike Pogba.

SirMonteyne

Did someone just say on another level to Scholes passing wise? :lol:

Scholes was capable of some absolute beautiful passes, short and long, he did so on a consistent basis, unlike Pogba.
Man, I miss him. I've been playing FIFA career mode for 12 years only to find someone like Scholes from the youth academy.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Nice whizzing past people 10 times per season with no impact remaining 89.99 mins per match. Who ever comparing him to scholes passing wise must be high after a xmas party. Dude can’t lace scholes shoes on consistent basis.

Jeffthered

21 what? Goals? No man.
Ah, OK I stand corrected... should have checked my stats.. I think he notched a couple for France that season, but my bad.

However, point remains... I still wouldn't mind a Sancho, Anthony,Martial, Rashford.. hitting 16+ regularly, if ever, for some of them... and they are our forwards.... and penalties are still goals. More the merrier I say...

Pogba is class... love watching him, Messi, Neymar, De Bruyne, Modric, Mbappe.. makes you love football.

Nero

Has another player ever delivered so little yet be revered so much? We watched him for 6 years ffs. He had one decent game in every 7 or 8.

In his frequent poor showing he spent his time ambling about disinterested, passing the ball out of play, losing runners, and constantly getting dispossesed in the middle of field for taking too long standing over the ball. Then you add his unreliable fitness to that.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Ah, OK I stand corrected... should have checked my stats.. I think he notched a couple for France that season, but my bad.

However, point remains... I still wouldn't mind a Sancho, Anthony,Martial, Rashford.. hitting 16+ regularly, if ever, for some of them... and they are our forwards.... and penalties are still goals. More the merrier I say...

Pogba is class... love watching him, Messi, Neymar, De Bruyne, Modric, Mbappe.. makes you love football.
Watching Pogba play for United made me a bit more grey at the temples. He's a massive waste of talent, and a sportsman that plays football for fun. It's good to have those players in the team but far away from the position he's been playing for us.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yea he was bad at 10 but best at inside left. Suited 433 and not the shit manager's he worked with
An exceptionally difficult player to fit in. Can't play number 10. Can't play in a 2.
Can't play with slow defenders behind him.

Needs one ball player and one superstar defensive mid around him.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Has another player ever delivered so little yet be revered so much? We watched him for 6 years ffs. He had one decent game in every 7 or 8.

In his frequent poor showing he spent his time ambling about disinterested, passing the ball out of play, losing runners, and constantly getting dispossesed in the middle of field for taking too long standing over the ball. Then you add his unreliable fitness to that.
Exactly how I feel

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s like they were looking for a reason to be offended :lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
His injuries had become a joke.
his decision making was slow and he’d often lose the ball, resulting in his mad lunges to try and get it back.
a very talented guy but I think one that’s suited to a slower paced game

Donut

Has he even played for Juventus yet this season? He was a beast on his day but we’re better off without him.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Eriksen can make the ball travel the same distance (and more) as he did in the video with one pass. Aside from that one clip where he beat Arsenal player to pass to Lingard in the box, what are the purpose of those?

BorisManUtd

Will be interesting to see how Pogba performs at Juve as he hasn't even started there yet. Will turn 30 in March, potentially could be a good player for another 3-4 years but will probably never be able to reach his full potential like he couldn't at United. Don't think Pogba will be unhappy about his career when it all ends though, won the World Cup, couple of league titles in Italy and few trophies with us as well.

It is funny how Juventus got him from us for free twice, while we paid them 100M for him in-between. Sums up both United's and Juventus' transfer dealings over last decade or so.

TsuWave

Eriksen can make the ball travel the same distance (and more) as he did in the video with one pass. Aside from that one clip where he beat Arsenal player to pass to Lingard in the box, what are the purpose of those?
Yeah and Adama Traore goes through bottles of baby oil before every game - what does that have to do with anything? Why are you telling me about what random players can do? Forum full of weirdos

These are just clips of Pogba beating opponents to retain the ball and/or open passing options.