Paul Pogba - Juventus player

Sir Erik ten Hag

I don't hate Pogba personally but I'm glad he left because he is not the type of modern player for modern football these days:

1) He is weak to pressing. This caused us to lose the ball in dangerous areas many times. And most top teams these days employ relentless pressing.

2) He is immobile, rarely tracking back and his pressing is almost non-existent. Once again, not the type of modern player to execute a progressive game plan.

3) He's injury-prone. Hargo didn't succeed more with us exactly because of this.

I'm not talking about personal life or anything. Just cold, objective points above point to him not suitable to any top teams vying to play modern football.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The bad apple in work environment is rarely liked by others.
There's zero solid evidence that he was a "virus" or a bad apple.

Everything that's come out from more or less reliable sources indicates the opposite, i.e. that he got on well with the other players/was not a disruptive presence behind the scenes.

The only direct source (more or less direct anyway) I'm aware of indicating that he was a problem in terms of attitude or professionalism is...Mourinho. I personally don't put much stock in what he has to say about anything related to what you could label "man management" issues.

scottser

He was a shitehawk for us and now he's a shitehawk for juve who are looking to terminate his contract. He's getting everything he deserves.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The Daily Mail is reporting (again) a termination of his contract is in sight, with him going to MLS.

This can't be true, you can't terminate someone's contract because they're injured. Unless Pogba wants out as well and it's a mutual termination

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
So happy he is not at United any longer. And no, I am not British.

Jam

This can't be true, you can't terminate someone's contract because they're injured. Unless Pogba wants out as well and it's a mutual termination
I can see it being mutual and him taking the paid retirement in the States.

glasgow 21

The essence of this debate ia that some defending Pogba always referred to his prowess with Juventus. My opinion is Pogba efforts at United was a result of being stronger in marketing than on the pitch. He was given far too much leeway. Be clear, I am not blaming all on Pogba both the club and pogba were equally shit in the process. He should have been moved when fit and had a run in games. The winter window was always a not starter as from memory most winter were spent in the sun in Dubia in a recovery room. Glad now Juve has experienced the same nonsense we had with him as it proves it wasn't the environment but Pogba. It is either his body has given up or mentality or both, leading to this drastic fall of the cliff.

whitbyviking

Little factoid here - the Pogba documentary is the lowest rated program on rotten tomatoes.

TsuWave

What? Are you serious? Why? And how is that possible being a United fan. He wasn't here very long. And he left as soon as he could. Both times.
This is my memories of Ronaldo.
https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2008/jun/21/manchesterunited.premierleague1
Yes. I am serious. Ronaldo's first stint at United is the best player I've ever seen play for United. You don't have to be somewhere a long time to make an impact - he was here longer than Cantona. Players leave, clubs sell players - it's the nature of the sport - doesn't change what he did while here.

Good for you and your memories of him. I do not care. Moreover, I've already said he went full bozo and I washed my hands, you posting links to articles won't change the happy moments he gave me. It is what it is.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Everything that's come out from more or less reliable sources indicates the opposite, i.e. that he got on well with the other players/was not a disruptive presence behind the scenes.

The only direct source (more or less direct anyway) I'm aware of indicating that he was a problem in terms of attitude or professionalism is...Mourinho. I personally don't put much stock in what he has to say about anything related to what you could label "man management" issues.
Agreed, mate. You can tell that he's just a happy chap enjoying life. It's really a shame how a talented player like him just couldn't have better career. Maybe he doesn't want it enough to do more, but sometimes circumstances is such a bitch.

Valencia Shin Crosses

:lol: :lol:
The lengths some people go to defend their dear Pogba. The agent talks because his client is allowing it.
Look at you making a fool of yourself. Exactly my point. I don’t care about Pogba either way especially now that he doesn’t play for us, but if you don’t realize that Mino Raiola had always been a loudmouth shithead regardless of his client then you’re too dense to argue with anyways.

sepulturite

Yes, sure - not the people revelling in a player struggling with injuries, not the “he’s lying about being injured/he’s lying about aggravating his injury”, not the “it’s the foreigners” rhetoric - it’s me saying you guys are being extremely weird that’s unhinged :lol:
:lol: Yeh sure mate ok

Peelhead

He was a shitehawk for us and now he's a shitehawk for juve who are looking to terminate his contract. He's getting everything he deserves.
I don't hold any negative sentiment to him but likewise I can't see much positive about his time with us. He does seem a genuinely nice guy so it's a real shame that he hasn't taken his talent and developed his career.

He's no doubt developed his finances but trophies and/or respect from fans and peers are what really matter.

Sadly looks like a Balotelli situation.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

He was a popular lad, in a team full of wasters and under-achievers. Not all negative influences in a squad create disharmony.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He is a nice guy and he is talented at football but he’s not a footballer. Not now anyway. It’s a side job for him and we will forever remain the only football club that ever paid anything for him - which just so happened to be a very embarrassing £93.2m.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I don't hate Pogba personally but I'm glad he left because he is not the type of modern player for modern football these days:

1) He is weak to pressing. This caused us to lose the ball in dangerous areas many times. And most top teams these days employ relentless pressing.

2) He is immobile, rarely tracking back and his pressing is almost non-existent. Once again, not the type of modern player to execute a progressive game plan.

3) He's injury-prone. Hargo didn't succeed more with us exactly because of this.

I'm not talking about personal life or anything. Just cold, objective points above point to him not suitable to any top teams vying to play modern football.
He also slowed played down and over complicated the game unnecessarily. So often playing the simple pass quickly is essential in modern football, to keep the ball moving. But he’d hold on to it, over complicated it. Let teams get their shape back, and so often lose it. He couldn’t do the simple things well. And a good midfielder has to do the simple things excellently. Being able to do the complicated well, is what elevates them to being great. But the foundation is in the simple things. Pogba never got that.

Mr PG

“Virus” does not necessarily have to be dressing room turmoil… Mou could have used it to mean setting a bad example to the other players who looked up to him. His agent has for instance dragged the club’s name in the mud for years without his intervention. Also he was offered a ridiculous £300k/ wk extension and he declined (thank god) because the raise was only £10k. This for a player who always missed an average 2-3 mths / season and always struggled to make an impact.

Judas

Open to offers
I am a bit bemused at the amount of venom some still have for him. I just don’t really care to get worked up either way? It’s staggering he only left in the summer, feels like he’s been gone so much longer.

Pickle85

I am a bit bemused at the amount of venom some still have for him. I just don’t really care to get worked up either way? It’s staggering he only left in the summer, feels like he’s been gone so much longer.
Probably because he was hardly ever fit enough to play. I agree that it's not worth any kind of grudge holding but given how he left (twice) it's not that surprising that folks don't feel massively warmly towards him.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
What I think it shows is a lot of time what happens with with a player when it comes to renew or sell is that its down to hope and luck.

At the end of last season I put Pogba and Rashford totally in the same camp. Im sure Captain hindsights will disagree but both:
1. Didnt seem to care less
2. Didnt look fit
3. Form was terrible
4. Their PR was anti Utd and pushing for a move

6m later Rashford is playing brilliant and Pogba is done.

Honestly wouldnt have surprised me if the reverse had happened.

AFC NimbleThumb

Thread now has people openly saying they’re enjoying a player struggling with injuries and “foreigners” rhetoric

Crazy
You surprised?

I’m enjoying this resurgence under EtH but don’t get it twisted Tsu, you’re only one ‘failure’ away from being a. . .

Bepi

Supports
Juventus

What do Juventus fans make of this? @Bepi
Dybala was asking for a whopping €10m/year net for five more years, which would have cost 10x2 (gross) x 5 (years) = 100m … and he cannot play three games in a row without limping out injured since 2020.

Of course, getting the Pog-back on a free was alluring because we love comebacks a lot… and at €13m/year gross because of favorable taxes, it also seemed convenient….. until reality struck hard. :wenger:

crossy1686

career ending
He came really unfit and got injured at training camp, which is just club’s stupidity and be it. Yet, he then ignored the advice provided by the club’s medical staff to go with his… sorcerer! And surely his constant social posts and lazy attitude are not entertaining the many many fans who once loved him in Turin as well. Just another disaster.
Honestly, this post could have been by any United fan over his stay here. There’s no good will left for him here. I guess the one thing you do have to look forward to is the next instalment of the documentary…

crossy1686

career ending
You know what we really miss right now? The inflated salary, the social media posts, the haircuts, the dabbing, the injuries and trips to Dubai, the documentaries, the drama around the agent and family, the piss poor performances, the interviews about United when with the national side.

Yeah, I think we should bring him back. We need that back in our lives.

AFC NimbleThumb

You know what we really miss right now? The inflated salary, the social media posts, the haircuts, the dabbing, the injuries and trips to Dubai, the documentaries, the drama around the agent and family, the piss poor performances, the interviews about United when with the national side.

Yeah, I think we should bring him back. We need that back in our lives.
He really left a lot of you with PTSD :lol:

He’s gone bro, move on.