Paul Pogba officially leaves Manchester United

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Asking for a new contract for what exactly? I’m assuming he wasn’t asking for the same pay, so what did he think he’d done to deserve a pay rise, given that in 19/20 he made just 16 starts in all comps?

pauldyson1uk

thank feck for that, he does not want to be here has not done for a while.
Glad to see the back of him to be honest.
Sad in one way because he never produced for United what we have seen him produce for Juventus and France.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
You know what, I can't be bothered digging them out, or searching for them, I think the Pogba arguments have surely been done to death by now, why regurgitate them further.

It is a pity, he was great fun to watch when it was clicking and always came across as an extremely likeable guy.
This. I Love him as a player and hope to see him at his best wherever he goes next…

So the question is, where will he go?

MoskvaRed

He suffered in the same way Berbatov did, neither lacked effort, but their languid style made it look like they didn't try.

Pogba's problem was that he was indulged by Juventus in a poor Serie A league, he never learned some of the fundamentals of being a central midfielder because he never had to. He was allowed to get away with not doing certain things because he was so good at others. Ferguson would have nipped that in the bud and made sure he was well rounded.
He was similar to Berbatov in that ultimately neither were good enough despite the odd elegant flick. I have huge respect for Vidal/Marchisio and Kante in being talented and hard-working enough to compensate for a luxury player like Pogba.

Skills

Snitch
He was similar to Berbatov in that ultimately neither were good enough despite the odd elegant flick. I have huge respect for Vidal/Marchisio and Kante in being talented and hard-working enough to compensate for a luxury player like Pogba.
Don't forget N'Zonzi, who stepped up after Kante had to get hooked in a world cup final

hobbers

Nice that, had him and Solskjaer had their ways we'd have been saddled with him for many more years
Reflects terribly on everyone.

Ole especially, what a patsy. Truly a managerial signing made to appease our commercial players.

TsuWave

Nope.

The pattern is you posting shite.

Let's definitely leave things there.
Absolutely. That’s why you did this:

went from “you’re talking shite” to “wasn’t great” to “he was decent” to “not £80M great” to then a paragraph that has nothing to do with the point I initially contested.

Easily verifiable. Much like your initial statement being wrong is.

Green_Red

Best midfielder United had since Charlton. Legend! We will miss him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He'll waste even more of his career if he goes back to Juve

Needs to go somewhere that guarantees trophies (Real or PSG)

BorisManUtd

It never quite worked out for Pogba at United. 2018/19 was probably his best season, even first part of it with Jose as manager, he was very good. He's 29 so still got few years in him at top level, hopefully he'll be more consistent wherever he goes, for me the inconsistency was main reason why Pogba failed at United.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Probably one of the biggest if not the biggest flops in United history.

TheRedDevil2019

Never-mind the Queens Platinum Jubilee party, now this is something truly worth celebrating!

Last edited:

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Hope we get to play against his new club and he can help us retain possession like he's done for five seasons here.

fps

Thank God Pogba's gone. Can we get a good PL midfielder in now? There are lots of players out there who have great touch and can turn a match, while also, unlike Pogba, being positionally sound and able to run.

fps

100%. The price tag, the wages, the drama, the nonsense. He didn't put in 5 top match-winning performances in 6 full seasons.

fps

It never quite worked out for Pogba at United. 2018/19 was probably his best season, even first part of it with Jose as manager, he was very good. He's 29 so still got few years in him at top level, hopefully he'll be more consistent wherever he goes, for me the inconsistency was main reason why Pogba failed at United.
What I've seen since those ankle injuries suggests he can't run any more, I think he's done.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Last 3 season , 3 major injuries lasting for months meant he was always a risk if he signs the contract. Plus the mental health of some manchester united fans would have been in serious danger if he had stayed. Paying him such high salary would have been risk since we dont know how to fit him in the team and his injury record is horrible.

His last injury free season he was our top scorer and had the highest assist. Pogba may not have dazzled but we also never provided him with any sort of stability in midfield. We used him incorrectly and the results are mixed bag. Wasnt great but certainly wasnt as bad as some are suggesting. Plus Laurie article confirm what most of his teammates have always said about him. Mourinho labelled him unfairly and some supporters used him as a scapegoat .

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Never been a huge fan of his, but by all accounts he was actually very professional and well-liked in the dressing room. Just wasn't a good fit for the team at the end of the day.

Pogba is the type of player who performs best in a midfield that is already strong - he's the icing on the cake, or a "luxury player" if you will. Not the type of player you build a midfield around.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
I literally couldn't give a feck. We are better off without him. Just about to copy and paste this in the other ones thread

el3mel

He will never be missed really. Huge flop considering everything.

"Always a red" my arse.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
BS. He scored 40 goals and had 50 assists. In his first season we won 2 trophies where he was one of our main men.
People so so overreact regarding Pogba.

Silas

Bullshit. Didn't work out, but spent a decent portion of his time here (when he was actually fit) being one of our best players.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Fans are celebrating that he left. Meanwhile our midfield options are McT, Fred and Donny. I would take unhappy, half injured and not motivated Pogba over McT any day of the week

Gazza

Occasionally, Raiola said things without consulting Pogba first — such as the interview given on the eve of United’s make-or-break Champions League tie with RB Leipzig in December 2020. Raiola insisted Pogba’s time at United was “over”, causing a major distraction in the dressing room before kick-off.

Pogba did not directly contradict that statement, or others, because of that appreciation he felt for his agent and also because he recognised Raiola, in these moments, was partly building his own brand. On Instagram four days later, Pogba posted to say the future was “far” and he remained “1000%” involved in United’s team.
https://theathletic.com/3343886/202...er-united-juventus/?source=emp_shared_article

van Nistelrooy

Most overrated player I can recall playing for United.

The "World-class on his day" nonsense barely ever happened during his time here.

Bye.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Fans are celebrating that he left. Meanwhile our midfield options are McT, Fred and Donny. I would take unhappy, half injured and not motivated Pogba over McT any day of the week
That will still result in a shit midfield

RedDevil@84

Pogba did not directly contradict that statement, or others, because of that appreciation he felt for his agent and also because he recognised Raiola, in these moments, was partly building his own brand
:lol: :lol:
Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Next Rashford will claim that he has no control on what things his PR team says in the media. And BBC will say they have no control on what appears on their ticker.

Rolaholic

As much as we might overrate academy products as fans, the trend in recent years has been that they also end up becoming the most overhated players in the team when things don't pan out.

Don't think another big fanbase can compare when it comes to the pure venom and bile aimed at 'one of their own' as you often see at United...

Then you get people acting surprised that ambitious and talented young players aren't exactly chomping at the bit to sign with us anymore :lol:

RedDevil@84

As much as we might overrate academy products as fans, the trend in recent years has been that they also end up becoming the most overhated players in the team when things don't pan out.

Don't think another big fanbase can compare when it comes to the pure venom aimed at 'one of their own' as you see at United...
Perils of having one of the biggest fanbase in the world, combine with media bias in highlighting everything happening at United while not commenting on other clubs combine with year after yeard of average medicority in performance and administration at the club.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Both options are absolutely useless. Problem is one costs 290,000 a week and 90 million though and didn't want to be here for years. The athletic make it 800,000 per game played. Horrible horrible return on investment. At least McT didn’t cost anything and his agent keeps his mouth shut. Also McT was keeping Pogba out of Oles team when he was putting him out on the left etc. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the half arsed Pogbas midfield play.

el3mel

Don't think another big fanbase can compare when it comes to the pure venom and bile aimed at 'one of their own' as you often see at United...

Then you get people acting surprised that ambitious and talented young players aren't exactly chomping at the bit to sign with us anymore :lol:
Pogba one of our own ? He left the club twice on free. Just because he's from academy doesn't make him "one of our own".