Paul Pogba officially leaves Manchester United

Canagel

I'm in no position to demand anything. Just expressed my feelings that's all. I have long realized and accepted that there is a clear disconnect between the fanbase and the club tbh. They can do whatever the feck they want, I will always express my distate for it.
10 years at the club, twice leaving on free, openly disrespecting the club, not even once doing a self review of his own shortcomings. There is little to celebrate tbh, I appreciate the rare good moments but overall it's been disappointing
And I dont disagree that it was disappointing overall on the pitch but I disagree that just because it didn't end as both parties wanted he should he should be blanked thats it. By all accounts he was a well valued and respected figure in the club, still won a couple of trophies here even if minor ones etc .There are logical reasons for getting a sending off which is the point I was initially making, not just a positive PR spin.
Each to their own.

Canagel

His last bit of action at United was feigning injury against Liverpool as he didn't fancy it :lol:
Feigning injury accusations still rife on RedCafe :lol:
Why hasn't he been called up to the French squad for internationals? Does he not fancy playing for them too?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Reports thay rangnick and Ronaldo really respected his output.

Why is there such a gap between players and fans in the way he's viewed

Rolaholic

Ronaldo apparently wished that he played with him at Madrid.

It's because the players and coaches are with him day to day and even on off days and don't hang onto each word in every single media driven saga or story.

The only person who's worked with him that has ever had a negative thing to say about him is a man quite infamous for falling out with people. Everyone else says the same things

Last edited:

LuckyScout78

Pobga era at United. This premier league era belong to City and Liverpool.

United golden era = Sir Alex

Chelsea golden era = Roman and Mourinho

Every era starts and ends

So its all about the timing. Individual special for Pobga. United was a sinking and unsteady ship.

If Newcastle spend a lot. Like City with Pep. You never know. In few years time it could be them.

So If Pogba joining a winning team = he will wins in the future. Instead a United ship on theirs way down the table. You get to be really strong to lift and steady the ship alone.

didz

Juventus can finally fill the Aaron Ramsey shaped hole in their squad, good for them.

Pogba could be a lot of fun to watch, but he had to be both on the pitch and "feeling it" at the same time, and those two things just didn't happen often enough.

As fans we tend to build up a view of players through the prism of how they engage with the media and he and his former agent have done a pretty terrible job at that. But he clearly is liked by teammates wherever he goes and has talents that will make him stand out in training.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Just because you're athletic doesn't mean your talented. Paul Scholes was far more talented. Long passing, positioning, short integrate passing, shooting, controlling a game. Pogba is big, strong and hits a decent long pass, that's it.
You clearly haven't been watching him if you think he is just strong and hits a long pass. One of the most skillful midfielders in the world is talentless. Crazy.

Last edited:

jesperjaap

Record transfer, over £200M spent on him in transfer and wages during his time £200m!!! Just consider that is more than the recent huge Euro Millions win spent on Paul Pohba, a player that left here for free as a youngster....and we spent £200m to have him back and he is now leaving for free again.

Hardly the worst player here, in fact still one of the better players here during his time despite flatteing to decieve. But the fact we got him for next ot nothing as a youth player, spent £200m on him to come back, his consistency of performance despite the talent and the fact after spending £200m we recoup nothing,,,,,in fact give him a bonus for loyalty of £3.8m (like wtf?.....he simply has to go down as one of the worst transfes we have ever made here if you look at all o fthat objectively, compelte ly diabolicla waste of money

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Goodbye to one of the worst signings in football. For his price tag I can count on one hand the good games he played for United. Not good enough.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Feigning injury accusations still rife on RedCafe :lol:
Why hasn't he been called up to the French squad for internationals? Does he not fancy playing for them too?
Yep, we should be saying how brave he was for taking to the pitch against Liverpool, and despite having such passion for us, he just simply couldn't play on past that....1 min when they scored.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Scary hours…United might finally be competent after clearing all that deadwood :lol:
Whilst I am delighted that so much shit has walked out the door - Mata and Matic aside, they just aged out - I am not sure there is any hope for optimism just yet.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
How many world cups did any of those win?
Bugger the World Cup, United don’t compete in the World Cup. That said Bobby Charlton & Nobby Stiles won a World Cup.
So did Fabian Barthez, didn’t make him a better keeper than Schmeichel or Edwin.

Green_Red

Bugger the World Cup, United don’t compete in the World Cup. That said Bobby Charlton & Nobby Stiles won a World Cup.
So did Fabian Barthez, didn’t make him a better keeper than Schmeichel or Edwin.
Pogba has had better haircuts than all those people.

avgp_1

Yay Richard Keys you chubby gorilla handed man!

Thank Pogba for his service? I think the millions we paid him to be a waste of space is more compensation than he deserved, the only thing I am thankful for when it comes to Pogba is that I will never see him play (well stand on the pitch and occasionally fall down and punch the floor) for utd again.
He is precisely saying the same thing

cyril C

As Mourinho once said, he doesn't need Pogba to be on 9/10 performance, he just need him on 7/10 week in week out. RR and Ronaldo, and perhaps many professional players, respect his once in a while 9/10 contribution, which is probably the best in the world. But most fans probably agree with Mourinho that we are more content with 7/10 week in week out.

If Pogba can perform at his City party spoiler level (2-3 seasons ago?) on a consistent basis, I think we can obtain extra 10 points for every season. May be not able to win the league, but at least competing with City and Liverpool head to head until April, every season.

Tap

Pogba’s use of “unconditional support” is probably a dig at the fans.

Steven-UK

Pogba is the most overrated football player for a generation. He is everything that is wrong with football today.

ReallyUSA

Pogba is the most overrated football player for a generation. He is everything that is wrong with football today.
Ahh I am sure we can think of some others, even in our team, that deserves that over Pogba. However, he does bring a lot of the negative attention on himself with his actions and his questionable "injury" history.

sirAlexsglasses

Circa £167 million (give or take a million) on transfer and salaries for Pogba over the six years, we certainly know how to waste money don’t we. How did Woodward stay in position for so long, angers else you would have been jettisoned well before.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
As Mourinho once said, he doesn't need Pogba to be on 9/10 performance, he just need him on 7/10 week in week out. RR and Ronaldo, and perhaps many professional players, respect his once in a while 9/10 contribution, which is probably the best in the world. But most fans probably agree with Mourinho that we are more content with 7/10 week in week out.

If Pogba can perform at his City party spoiler level (2-3 seasons ago?) on a consistent basis, I think we can obtain extra 10 points for every season. May be not able to win the league, but at least competing with City and Liverpool head to head until April, every season.
Trouble was his usual mark was between 3 and 5.

Varane around town

I wish Pogba all the best.

He didn't turn out to be the signing we all thought he was going to be. He was inconsistent and surprisingly injury prone.

fps

I wish Pogba all the best.

He didn't turn out to be the signing we all thought he was going to be. He was inconsistent and surprisingly injury prone.
We thought he would be our Yaya. He was a giant Jonjo Shelvey.

redmanx

Ahh I am sure we can think of some others, even in our team, that deserves that over Pogba. However, he does bring a lot of the negative attention on himself with his actions and his questionable "injury" history.
Hes gone, lets all move on and forget him please.