Paul Pogba officially leaves Manchester United

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Best for both parties to move on. Good luck to him.

TheHeya

Sanchez was the worst signing for me, but Paul is up there as one of the most disappointing signings

Leg-End

3 Instagram posts in a row about Paul Pogba leaving, embarrassing.

nazanto

Once a Red, always a Red? That hardly what he was. To me, Paul Pogba is that France footballer who was loaned out to Manchester United for 5 seasons from Juventus. All the best to him.

TheReligion

Abusive
As much as I’ve been a fan of Pogba he hasn’t been consistent enough, or committed, in his latter years.

This feels like the start of something new under Ten Hag and a new direction for the club.

I believe the parting of the ways of some of the squad this summer is much needed but not all of them. Just enough to adjust the culture and mentality and removing big characters is all part of it. Freshens up the dressing room and gives new hunger.

We will be better for it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good move for both parties, shame ETH was signed this season, wanted to see how Pogba would have played under attacking manager like ETH.

It didn't work out as expected, so not signing extension was good move by Pogba and in a way it helped the club too, to move on.

Born2Lose

Great day, getting rid of him feels like the club taking a huge step forward.

Quite telling I think the decision is announced a week after ETH officially took over.

Canagel

Obviously speaking from the fan's POV as this message was addressed for the fans no ?
The Fans already knew he was going, they didn't need an announcement to know of it. And the message has been made in recognition of almost 10 years of service to the club when his time in the academy is added to it. The fans don't dicate how the club wishes to recognize it, it's their choice.

arnie_ni

Its absolutely mental we've lost him twice on frees, not that I expected him to renew or anything

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The Fans already knew he was going, they didn't need an announcement to know of it. And the message has been made in recognition of almost 10 years of service to the club when his time in the academy is added to it. The fans don't dicate how the club wishes to recognize it, it's their choice.
And I just voiced my opinion, it ain't that serious. Fans dictate shit and celebrating the departure on free again from him makes no sense to me when overall, the whole thing has been a fiasco.
If he left as a player who gave everything, every season and was adored by the fanbase then goodbye message would be appreciated.

Revaulx

We should have never signed Pogba back after he left.

From day one, we never had a plan for how to use him. Six years passed without us really creating one. All in all a waste of his time and ours.

Yet another indictment of our recruitment during the post Fergie period.
Absolutely. An Ed Woodward vanity signing if ever there was one.

Orange Tree

Thanks and bye.

Next are Lingard, Cavani, and Matic. Probably Mata too.

Fooza

And I just voiced my opinion, it ain't that serious. Fans dictate shit and celebrating the departure on free again from him makes no sense to me when overall, the whole thing has been a fiasco.
If he left as a player who gave everything, every season and was adored by the fanbase then goodbye message would be appreciated.
I'd happily get rid of most this team on a free after this season, but alas, football and realism doesn't work like that

sugar_kane

3 Instagram posts in a row about Paul Pogba leaving, embarrassing.
Shit like this does make me wonder if the club is really changing, it suggests they club is still massively out of touch with the fans.

AFC NimbleThumb

If you look at the most expensive signings in history of football, a ridiculous percentage of them have completely failed at their club.
There is a lesson to be learned from all of this
Yep but Pogba is a different case to some for whatever reason. He never played as bad for as long as Maguire has done yet a large percentage of the fanbase seem to be ok with one not the other for some reason. . .

Esquire

So true. Those PR guys are just driven by clicks. Pogba leaving is news but I can’t understand why it would be in any way positive for the club. Just serves as a reminder what a shambolic deal this was for both parties.

kouroux

Yep but Pogba is a different case to some for whatever reason. He never played as bad for as long as Maguire has done yet a large percentage of the fanbase seem to be ok with one not the other for some reason. . .
I honestly doubt the fanbase is ok with Maguire. He just hasn't been at the club as long as Pogba had, that's the main difference. Maguire is one the most hated and laughed at player at the club

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
His "failure" here is as much about the club as it is about him. We're simply incapable of bringing players on and improving them. Typically buying them with no real sense of what to do with them or where to play them. And it was no different with Pogba. He's not blameless, of course, and it will be nice to finally get rid of the circus that surrounds him, but it's a shame we couldn't see him in a highly functioning team.

There's no doubt that it was awful business from United, though. Let him go for free, sign him for a world record £89m fee, then let him go for free again. Shocking.

sugar_kane

Hopefully a contract renewal was never really on the table, it would have made no sense at all for the club.

He’s been a massive disappointment here and has conducted himself poorly in the media, treating the club with zero respect.

I genuinely hope it works out for him wherever he goes next, but the inevitable hysteria if he does about how United were holding him back will be be nauseating and tedious.

kouroux

So true. Those PR guys are just driven by clicks. Pogba leaving is news but I can’t understand why it would be in any way positive for the club. Just serves as a reminder what a shambolic deal this was for both parties.
Couldn't agree more with the last sentence.
Fans can always debate about why it didn't work out but I am sure we can all agree that the conclusion of his story is bad and the club gets nothing from it. It's not something to celebrate IMHO

AFC NimbleThumb

I honestly doubt the fanbase is ok with Maguire. He just hasn't been at the club as long as Pogba had, that's the main difference. Maguire is one the most hated and laughed at player at the club
He’s been at the club 3 years & there’s a consensus on here that removing the captaincy will spawn form we’ve never witnessed whereas Pogba was being lambasted from season 2. By the point Maguire is at the ‘virus’ tagline had long taken hold. Maguire certainly has his critics but for what? His on field form whilst Pogba drew criticism for football, hairstyles, dancing, & family ties. . .

Stark differences.

kouroux

He’s been at the club 3 years & there’s a consensus on here that removing the captaincy will spawn form we’ve never witnessed whereas Pogba was being lambasted from season 2. By the point Maguire is at the ‘virus’ tagline had long taken hold. Maguire certainly has his critics but for what? His on field form whilst Pogba drew criticism for football, hairstyles, dancing, & family ties. . .

Stark differences.
I always personally focused on the football aspect of it. Whatever people say about player's appearances is just them being weirdos if not a lot worse than that. Tbh, I don't see the need to compare hatred level among players but more about why do the fanbase feel this or that way about said players

Canagel

And I just voiced my opinion, it ain't that serious. Fans dictate shit and celebrating the departure on free again from him makes no sense to me when overall, the whole thing has been a fiasco
Its not an opinion though, you are demanding that they word the message in a certain way. It might not make sense to you but the relationship of Pogba and the club is not only a on pitch relationship. All I'm saying is you don't have to look for many reasons as to why Pogba would get a parting message from the club. He was here in 2 spells, is an academy graduate, gave near 10 years of service to the club and the club also benefitted from him and made money off his name through stuff like marketing, shirt sales etc which helped grow our brand.
They aren't forced to give a 3 letter message or stay silent just to satisfy the whims of a certain section of our fanbase. You have a opinion on his time, same as everyone and same as the club.

Man-United

Leaving on a free calling him always a red? He deserves to be booed whenever we play his next team.