Paul Pogba officially leaves Manchester United

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
A luxury player, never had the mentality or even ability to drag us up to the required level but with the right conditions I think he could have been great. That’s an indictment on both him and the club.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
3rd best news since Madrid‘s win and Rangnick‘s exit.
Good riddance!

Corridor of Uncertainty

I'm sure he'll tear it up at Juve and then fans will come on here moaning how we're missing him etc.

A colossally shit signing, don't forget it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Was once my favourite player, now i'm not overly concerned he's leaving. I think that sums it up.

Cya Paul.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Who do we think will get the flashiest farewell message? I reckon Lingard. There are another four or five goodbyes to come today.

RORY65

The best versions of United that we've seen in the last 6 years have generally included Pogba but those periods have been way too fleeting and in the last few years especially his availability has been just as inconsistent as his performances. It's a shame because unlike a lot of our other signings post Ferguson he leaves with us knowing that there is a brilliant talent there but he didn't live up to it often enough for a multitude of reasons.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
One of the least likeable players in a long list of cnuts who played for us.
Bye, virus!

Chairman Steve

Very talented player who only really put a great performance on a 1 game in 6 basis across the time he was back here. Maybe we mismanaged him and recruited horribly. Maybe he didn’t give that much of a feck. Maybe both.

I will not miss his entourage undermining us in international breaks and summer breaks.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Glad he's leaving. Not least because the tiresome narrative constantly surrounding him will dissipate.

Ultimately he's been a flop here.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I remember watching those reddit posts where he'd score bangers for juve and everyone would always go on about how we were stupid to let him go.

I remember when we signed him again and it was crazy!

And today is a day to be forgotten.

saivet

Didn't work out for any party involved but all the best to him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thank god. Did not work out at all did it? Both parties at fault of course. But at this point, he's already been declining, especially physically, always injured ... Just not a top class player anymore. Don't think he ever really suited the prem either.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The sort of player who'll thrive in an already great team, which we never were. Never had the metal to help turn us back into one.

For the best, really. Probably should've cashed in earlier, if anything.

abkmufc92

Good riddance

"Once a Red, always a Red" feck of with that bullshit, this cnut never gave a shit about this club.

Gopher Brown

A bargain at only £10m per good game over the last 5 years.

Wasted his best years with us and this was entirely his own fault. He’ll turn up in compilation videos in the future entitled ‘Players you’d never believe won the world cup’

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I thought we were stopping with the shit social media?

You'd think it was Cantona or Scholes leaving. It's a bloody essay!

"... in 2016, he made the emotional decision to return to Old Trafford, in a bid to continue the nascent United career he had begun in that breakthrough season of 2011/12." Who writes like that??

Two short paragraphs would've done just fine.

Thanks, bye.

Castia

Once a red always a red? He’s fecked off twice for free now :lol:

I haven’t despised a player more than Pogba, must be one of the most overrated players ever.

stu_1992

G'luck! Don't let the door hit you in the way out. Such a disappointment considering the money we paid, but he was realistically never the player we needed in hindsight. Unplayable on his day, but those were far too uncommon. We'd have been better off with a solid 7/10 performer so gave there all rather than Pogba who was a 10/10 one game and 2/10 the next 5. Wasn't suited to our needs really, and for a long time has felt mentally checked out. Him leaving is better for both parties.

Red4Life_#7

We should have never signed Pogba back after he left.

From day one, we never had a plan for how to use him. Six years passed without us really creating one. All in all a waste of his time and ours.

Yet another indictment of our recruitment during the post Fergie period.
I definitely agree with this part. We seemed to be on path with Mourinho, but that derailed, then OGS took the wheel and we sped out of control.

Corridor of Uncertainty

I've never seen "on his day" mentioned so much for a single player. World class players deliver consistently, week in, week out. They don't need isolated matches/incidents brought up to push some sort of narrative. He was a failure.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
City, Liverpool,Real,Bayern and Chelsea have no interest in him. The best teams in Europe ATM. Says a lot.

Dannn411

Top 3 all time worst ever club signings but his signing could easily have been a success under different circumstances. Anyways, glad he's gone. Hopefully others follow. Time to blow up whatever's left of the shambles that is our squad and start again.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Seems strange to be acting sentimental towards a player we broke our transfer record on, and is leaving for free for a 2nd time, who ultimately didn't reach the level he was expected to. Him and his agent/brothers have talked about leaving every summer and every international break. The tweet should have been a minimalist statement of fact. A 'Thanks' at most.

Jonesno.8

I really hope and would love to think, Pogba went to Ten Hag and said, I'll stay ill become the player you want me to be and ETH just hit him a slap and walked away.

What a daydream that was....... good riddance to a poison at the club. I'll give him the first couple of years but after that, turned into a pure leach when people didn't buy into the Pogba show.