Paul Pogba officially leaves Manchester United

padzilla

Hipster
He'll tear it up in the Serie A farmer's league like Lukaku and half the posters on here will be wondering why we let him go this time next year.

Should have been turfed out years ago.

Hughes35

It's a shame it didn't work as he is clearly extremely talented.

Amazing our marketing team getting it so wrong with the "Once a red, always a red stuff", the guy has basically downed tools twice at the club and left on a free. I like him a player but good riddance really.

Give me a James Milner or a Henderson over a Pogba any day of the week. Much lesser players but hard work, desire and professionalism beats talent.

Nick7

It’s utterly ridiculous that we didn’t sell him in either of the last two summers.

Blood Mage

Good riddance, no other player has taken the piss out of this club more. That's the wage bill looking better already.

SeanyC

Total waste from us but also he never truly showed his potential, a social media influencer is about the height of his achievements. Good luck to him but also good riddances, Lingard, Martial I hope are all next

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
A beautiful day. A day of celebration. Good fecking riddance.

Hopefully the end of this shambolic instagram footballer era at Old Trafford.

Nicolarra90

The PR department from our club is run by clowns. There was no need for that message, specially when the divorce is on bad terms.
A complete silence would have been better, are they that thirsty for clicks and views ?
Instagram team is better

siw2007

From the fabulous to the far more frequent frustrating, I think it’s a relief that we can part companies at this stage. At times he has shown us that he is a very creative midfielder who plays with that swagger needed to be a world class player, but I think in hindsight, for all his flair, he wasn’t the right player for us at the time. Pogba is probably more akin to Zidane than to Viera when the club was looking for a player in the mould of the latter. As a result this lead to years of inconsistency, poor discipline, liability on the ball due to indulgence with the occasional spark of genius that he blatantly has.

That’s without going into the media circus that surrounded him and constantly undermined the team harmony throughout his tenure here. United should have been the right stage for him, but as much as the marriage was exciting, it’s been an utter disappointment and we’ve failed to give him the right platform as much as he has failed us. He has somewhat become the face of United’s modern era of underachievement.

Maybe his next destination will give that to him and maybe our next midfield signing will give us the stability and strength that we need. Otherwise I wish him luck for the future and thank him for the goal he scored in the final in 2017. With a bit of luck both of us will be prosperous away from each other.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I was almost worried he didn't get better offers and would sign a new mega deal. Good sign ETH didn't want to leave the door open. Thank feck. Cya later.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Well, ok, but what a terrible waste of money.

AFC NimbleThumb

Virus on first page? Check :lol:

Unfortunate beginning, middle and end to what should have been a promising career at Man Utd. Both parties to blame for the shite show it became, probably more blame on Pogba, but at this point it doesn't even matter.

Wish him well wherever he is going, I do want to see what could have been for us, but not sure if he will. Remains to be seen.
Was going to write similar.

Vive La Pogba FC is no more. Ah well at least we have McTominay.

I’m loving my life

Excellent

Thanks Paul for……freeing up wages I guess. Can you also take Lingard away too please and maybe Rashford/Maguire

Betson

It’s utterly ridiculous that we didn’t sell him in either of the last two summers.
When you look at the Pogba and Lingard situations and the transfer fees we have missed out on for no good reason it really does point to a club in disarray.

And now we have a very limited budget when a total overhaul is needed.

Canagel

The PR department from our club is run by clowns. There was no need for that message, specially when the divorce is on bad terms.
A complete silence would have been better, are they that thirsty for clicks and views ?
How do you know he left on bad terms? Only the fanbase and Pogba are on bad terms, nobody in the club (players,coaches bar Mourinho,staff, physios..etc) had a issue with him.

ShinjiNinja26

Yep. A simple “good riddance” would have sufficed.

rbdoconnor

Good luck to him. Didn't deserve half the abuse he got. Wasn't for us, but by all accounts was actually a good dressing room influence.

Does this finally unlock Pogba??

R'hllor

Best of luck to him, thanks for all good and bad.

Edit: Expectations of him from day were mental, next level unrealistic. Also hate towards him exposed certain section of special cnuts in our fan base.

LoneStar

Best outcome for both parties at this point.

Strange words though - ‘Once a Red Always a Red’. This is the second time he’s left on a free and he hasn‘t exactly been a success for us. I’m glad we didn‘t ’re-sign’ him for a third time on massive wages this summer. Regardless, good luck to him.

CarbonStoolBites

Bye Paul.

I have more fond memories of Fellaini than Pogba, will be featured in one of these “Did he really play for them (United) ” threads years down the line.

Lets see if he can do it in Turin without Pirlo.

TsuWave

All the best to him. Would like to see him at some more titles to his resume.

jameyzane

Any surprise the players we paid premium fees for are rubbish. I predict Maguire will be gone after this season too. If you even look beyond united most players clubs paid premium for turn out to be rubbish. Lukaku, Dembele, Coutinho, Neymar, and Grealish, etc. I predict it'll be the same for Haaland and co. That model doesn't work anymore and we should never try it again.