Paul Pogba officially leaves Manchester United

TsuWave

What are you on about?

You're just agreeing with me.

I'm saying the only sustained run of form he had where he was great was the 2 or 3 months after Mourinho was sacked. When Ole was interim manager Pogba was brilliant, at no other point in his Utd career was he consistently brilliant.

Once Ole was named permanent manager Pogba went back to his infuriating inconsistent norm.
I’m on about you being wrong. he was good prior to Mourinho being sacked. In fact, Pogba and Martial kept Mourinho in a job longer than he should have stayed

Djemba-Djemba

I’m on about you being wrong. he was good prior to Mourinho being sacked. In fact, Pogba and Martial kept Mourinho in a job longer than he should have stayed
He wasn't good at all, that's bollocks. Not consistently. He was his usual one good game in 6.

I can see you're a Pogba fanboy though so there's no point arguing with you.

TsuWave

He wasn't good at all, that's bollocks. Not consistently. He was his usual one good game in 6.

I can see you're a Pogba fanboy though so there's no point arguing with you.
you said Pogba was only good when Mourinho was sacked. I said that’s not true. Pogba despite playing from midfield has had instances in which he led all United attacking stats. He was also great for Ibra’s first year here. You then turn around and say “Pogba fanboy. My job here is done

:lol: amazing.

Infra-red

"Once a red always a red"?

He has left us on a free transfer, twice, and is one of the most expensive and most disappointing transfers in the club's history.

Waste of time, waste of money and a waste of space. Good riddance.

Djemba-Djemba

you said Pogba was only good when Mourinho was sacked. I said that’s not true. Pogba despite playing from midfield has had instances in which he led all United attacking stats. He was also great for Ibra’s first year here. You then turn around and say “Pogba fanboy. My job here is done

:lol: amazing.
But you're talking shite.

He wasn't great in his first year here. He was decent, probably his 2nd best season here overall, but definitely not great. Not £80m great.

And all of this was years ago, even a fanboy like you has to accept the last 3 years he's been an injury prone waste of space. Especially this last season.

TsuWave

But you're talking shite.

He wasn't great in his first year here. He was decent, probably his 2nd best season here overall, but definitely not great. Not £80m great.

And all of this was years ago, even a fanboy like you has to accept the last 3 years he's been an injury prone waste of space. Especially this last season.
went from “you’re talking shite” to “wasn’t great” to “he was decent” to “not £80M great” to then a paragraph that has nothing to do with the point I initially contested.

just goalpost moving and adding random qualifiers :lol:

it’s ok, you were wrong, it happens. Maybe you were a bit emotional and you wanted rid for a while and it culminated with that post. I won’t hold it against you, Pogba’s time here didn’t go how most would have wanted it to go.

Djemba-Djemba

went from “you’re talking shite” to “wasn’t great” to “he was decent” to “not £80M great” to then a paragraph that has nothing to do with the point I initially contested.

just goalpost moving and adding random qualifiers :lol:

it’s ok, you were wrong, it happens. Maybe you were a bit emotional and you wanted rid for a while and it culminated with that post. I won’t hold it against you, Pogba’s time here didn’t go how most would have wanted it to go.
:lol:

You've had a mare. I said he was only great for one period of time, you said I was wrong then spoke a load of shite about him being great in 16/17 when he clearly wasn't.

I am emotional, I'm delighted he's gone and I can tell you're emotional too and very upset he's gone but don't worry you can watch his documentary and weep with tears of joy .

Bobski

Decent first couple of seasons but he was the most expensive transfer of all time when we purchased him and he never came close to being that level of player consistently. Feels like we spent far too much time as fans discussing what his best role was and who we had to get to bring the best out of him, effectively making excuses for his failings.

Great talent, capable of sublime moments that few in the game can match but I am not sure he has developed as player since he first broke though.

Xanther

This is it.

This is what this club has been waiting for.

Finally the curse is gone.

Exciting times ahead.
? He's wanted to leave for years, the club didn't allow it, they haven't been waiting for this.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Would have been a cracking player in a SAF team, and will be good somewhere else I'm sure. He just wasn't good enough to make the difference at a team that was nearly there. He'll probably go to PSG where he will cement a few more league titles but make no difference to their Champions League quest.
I am not sure about that. One thing about the midfield stars of the Ferguson era, were that they put in a serious shift, be it the central players, or the wide players. Keane, Ince, Beckham, Scholes, Fletcher, Park, Butt etc…. They all got about and had great engines.

I think the fact that he didn’t initially break in under Ferguson was probably more telling than people are willing to admit. This was from a manager notorious for promoting youth.

Either he didn’t like his attitude, or he didn’t think he had what it took to make it in a United midfield that was seriously lacking options at the time.

Bobski

This is it.

This is what this club has been waiting for.

Finally the curse is gone.

Exciting times ahead.
Certainly will be fun next season when the team have a bad 10 mins and the crying about Poggers martyrdom starts.

I am not sure about that. One thing about the midfield stars of the Ferguson era, were that they put in a serious shift, be it the central players, or the wide players. Keane, Ince, Beckham, Scholes, Fletcher, Park, Butt etc…. They all got about and had great engines.

I think the fact that he didn’t initially break in under Ferguson was probably more telling than people are willing to admit. This was from a manager notorious for promoting youth.

Either he didn’t like his attitude, or he didn’t think he had what it took to make it in a United midfield that was seriously lacking options at the time.
He suffered in the same way Berbatov did, neither lacked effort, but their languid style made it look like they didn't try.

Pogba's problem was that he was indulged by Juventus in a poor Serie A league, he never learned some of the fundamentals of being a central midfielder because he never had to. He was allowed to get away with not doing certain things because he was so good at others. Ferguson would have nipped that in the bud and made sure he was well rounded.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He suffered in the same way Berbatov did, neither lacked effort, but their languid style made it look like they didn't try.

Pogba's problem was that he was indulged by Juventus in a poor Serie A league, he never learned some of the fundamentals of being a central midfielder because he never had to. He was allowed to get away with not doing certain things because he was so good at others. Ferguson would have nipped that in the bud and made sure he was well rounded.
I am not sure i agree with the Berbatov comparison. I wouldn’t have personally marked him down as someone who lacked effort. As you say, he was languid, but he also moved around well.

I think there were too many games with lazy challenges and visible “jogging” at times where real effort was needed.

There probably is a bit in there about football education certainly, but he just didn’t put in enough effort for me. There were too many times where he badly let us down, similar to Rashford this season.

There is languid, and there is not giving enough, and I don’t think he did enough.

TsuWave

:lol:

You've had a mare. I said he was only great for one period of time, you said I was wrong then spoke a load of shite about him being great in 16/17 when he clearly wasn't.

I am emotional, I'm delighted he's gone and I can tell you're emotional too and very upset he's gone but don't worry you can watch his documentary and weep with tears of joy .
More moonwalking :lol:

Your initial statement was wrong, you’ve conceded as much with the “not £80M great” and all the other qualifiers you’ve been adding to your posts since. You also said there was not point to this exchange about two or three posts ago. Talk about mare. I see a pattern here.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Good luck my bro, shame it never worked out. Don't really care about all the social media shite, the persona etc... just wasn't consistent enough.

always_hoping

Pogba didn't suit United or United didn't suit Pogba? a bit of both. Only saw glimpse of his talent and this departure is best for both. Best of luck to him.

Bobski

Was there not running stats that showed he was consistently among the midfielders who covered the least ground, spent the most time walking and made the fewest sprints in the PL?

Often people like to dismiss the necessity of hard work as "Brexit talk, Pashun" all that nonsense but if anyone came out of last season watching the workrate of Utd compared to the likes of City and Liverpool and are still thinking it is not important they need to give their head a shake.

Aretak

Delighted. Nowhere near good enough a player for the circus that surrounds him. Giving him a new deal would have been a huge red flag that no lessons have been learned.

Was there not running stats that showed he was consistently among the midfielders who covered the least ground, spent the most time walking and made the fewest sprints in the PL?

Often people like to dismiss the necessity of hard work as "Brexit talk, Pashun" all that nonsense but if anyone came out of last season watching the workrate of Utd compared to the likes of City and Liverpool and are still thinking it is not important they need to give their head a shake.
I thought i remembered the stats said he was one of the best runners in our team, though they are all low for the league. Happy to be corrected if not.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Perhaps the player with the most raw talent (apart from Ronaldo) in our squad but talent alone doesn’t get you anywhere. And to be fair, he was more of a luxury player who could only thrive with a solid supporting cast of players (which we lack)

This is welcome news either way.

Bobski

I thought i remembered the stats said he was one of the best runners in our team, though they are all low for the league. Happy to be corrected if not.
You know what, I can't be bothered digging them out, or searching for them, I think the Pogba arguments have surely been done to death by now, why regurgitate them further.

It is a pity, he was great fun to watch when it was clicking and always came across as an extremely likeable guy.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
A shame it didn't happen for him and United, but that's the way it goes I guess.

No had feels, all the best on your future endevours and all that.

croadyman

Perhaps the player with the most raw talent (apart from Ronaldo) in our squad but talent alone doesn’t get you anywhere. And to be fair, he was more of a luxury player who could only thrive with a solid supporting cast of players (which we lack)

This is welcome news either way.
Yeah never had that luxury hard working midfield so he could just concentrate on creating chances, however no excuse for lacklustre showings.

Djemba-Djemba

More moonwalking :lol:

Your initial statement was wrong, you’ve conceded as much with the “not £80M great” and all the other qualifiers you’ve been adding to your posts since. You also said there was not point to this exchange about two or three posts ago. Talk about mare. I see a pattern here.
Nope.

The pattern is you posting shite.

Let's definitely leave things there.

L1nk

Nice that, had him and Solskjaer had their ways we'd have been saddled with him for many more years

edcunited1878

Nice that, had him and Solskjaer had their ways we'd have been saddled with him for many more years
That can also be inferred as the board didn't communicate anything to Paul, similar to how they didn't communicate well enough or anything at all with Ander Hererra.

"Hey gaffer, my contract is coming due soon, any way you can get the suits to keep me in the loop in terms of a new contract or extension?" He was playing well during that time before he got injured, again.

AdNani

Shame it never worked out really. Combination of us being shit and him being the ultimate luxury player. His/His agents/His brothers actions in the media have completely soured the situation and im not in the slightest bit bothered he's going.

I will not miss him, which is incredible because he's a hugely talented player.