Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
If we lose Pogba (one of my favourite players to watch) and Ronaldo goes to City this will turn from an awesome window to the worst in feckin recent memory.

Somebody hold me, I’m panicking :eek::houllier::nervous:
Gooosfrabba Goosfrabba and breathe
Anger management reference?

laughtersassassin

better off selling him than letting him walk for free a second time
Arguable. We sell him and the Glazers pocket all or even half the money then we aren't.

We sell him.and they buy someone who is no good we aren't.

It's not as simple as saying selling him is good.

Entirely dependent on if we buy a world class player or two who can lace his boots. That is difficult.

I'd rather us buy a Midfielder keep Paul and have a real go this season. But sadly we always stop short of what we need.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I will be furious if we replace him with Rice. We need a creative outlet from midfield and someone like Tielemans who would only have 1 year left next year, would be perfect.

This is assuming he will leave for free.

laughtersassassin

I will be furious if we replace him with Rice. We need a creative outlet from midfield and someone like Tielemans who would only have 1 year left next year, would be perfect.

This is assuming he will leave for free.
Simply put we need A top class CM and DM when Pogba goes!

Well we need the DM now and the CM when he goes.

RooneyLegend

If he does leave I'd like to see us ask Chelsea to sell us Hudson Odoi. We'd probably move Sancho to the left and having Hudson on the right would be great.

Blood Mage

If he doesn't want to sign a new contract I'm okay with selling him and using the funds to buy another midfielder before the window shuts. Losing him for free next summer would really hurt.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Wish we drop the bloody price for Jesse and flog Donny too if Ole doesn't fancy him which looks the case
I think Jesse can be a useful squad option, off the bench or starting certain games, but Donny - yeah - seems pointless keeping him

Bobade

If he does leave I'd like to see us ask Chelsea to sell us Hudson Odoi. We'd probably move Sancho to the left and having Hudson on the right would be great.
That would be a bizarre piece of business. Just when we get our RW sorted, we move him over to LW, a position in which we are already stacked, buy another RW and sell a midfielder? When we already struggle in midfield due to Pogba being shit there defensively so having to play roaming or elsewhere on the pitch.

RooneyLegend

Agreed, that'll really help our massive midfield issues :houllier:
We need to buy midfielders, two of them to be exact. That imo doesn't have anything to do with what happens with Pogba. We need midfielders quick, fast and in a hurry.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The only way Ronaldo going to City gets worse is if PSG sell Mbappe to Madrid, and then they fancy going after Pogba this summer after all with all that money.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
Surely it depends on the price. Selling for say 60m isn't worth the risk. But if they have 200m from Mbappe and they offer say half for Pogba, then thats a deal worth doing.

croadyman

The only way Ronaldo going to City gets worse is if PSG sell Mbappe to Madrid, and then they fancy going after Pogba this summer after all with all that money.
Yeah that would really put the nail in our coffin already

::sonny::

Confident like is confident psg with mbappe

Never seen a big player to extend his contract when it is so close to its end

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Sure, already decided refusing the past offers like Donnarumma with Milan
Didn't say he's not gonna leave. But did say it's not gonna happen in the next week or so. United is not that sort of club. Won't disrupt the plans for the rest of the season because of a bid. Very simple.

seegoblu

I wonder how much PSG would be willing to pay for Pogba given their need to try to offset a presumably upset fan base. It would be as much a pr driven bid as a football based one, so they will hopefully overpay to soothe their fans.

£70m?

If so, that would pay for a quick rebuild, with Trippier and Neves paid for in full, with enough left over to pay for the majority of a young CDM to grow into Neves’ partner in January (not enough time to get 3 deals done)

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I highly doubt we would sell him right now no matter the cost
Not even Woodward/Judge/Murtough could be deluded enough to think they could sign a replacement before the window closes. At the speed they move, we'd end up selling one of our most important players without anyone to fill his place much less address the bigger issues in the team.

Scholsey2004

Not even Woodward/Judge/Murtough could be deluded enough to think they could sign a replacement before the window closes. At the speed they move, we'd end up selling one of our most important players without anyone to fill his place much less address the bigger issues in the team.
I think we'd be ok, at least until January. Itd just mean Martial and maybe Amad getting some more minutes. Realistically Pogba isnt playing in CM now anyway so we're not losing anything from there and we're not exactly short of players who can play on the left.

Redfrog

Yeah right, let’s just pretend Rashford doesn’t exist.
Wanting Hudson Odoï to replace him…

The United

They would sell him. But, what's up with all these Pogba going now? Based on one source?

Ace of Spades

I said it before, if he is not signing a new contract then sell him and get some money back to re-invest in the squad, if not now then in Jan at least. No point losing him on a free again, we could sell him and get Camavinga as they will be desperate to get some money as well, so finding replacements won't be a problem.

Judas

Open to offers
I said it before, if he is not signing a new contract then sell him and get some money back to re-invest in the squad, if not now then in Jan at least. No point losing him on a free again, we could sell him and get Camavinga as they will be desperate to get some money as well, so finding replacements won't be a problem.
Sell him to who? If PSG came in and offered what we think he's worth we'd sell him, but they won't, no one will.

Ace of Spades

Sell him to who? If PSG came in and offered what we think he's worth we'd sell him, but they won't, no one will.
I think if they come up with 50m odd, then that is enough. Sell Lingard for 15m and drop the 25m price, we can probably get two of Camavinga/ Saul/ Neves/ Morriba for roughly a similar amount. There are other clubs who are looking to offload as well, just need to work quick.

The fact that some players clearly needed to be offloaded and we have unrealistic valuation for players is a big problem. Happened with Rojo, where clubs were willing to buy but we had stupid valuation for him. In the end he went for a free.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I wonder how much PSG would be willing to pay for Pogba given their need to try to offset a presumably upset fan base. It would be as much a pr driven bid as a football based one, so they will hopefully overpay to soothe their fans.

£70m?

If so, that would pay for a quick rebuild, with Trippier and Neves paid for in full, with enough left over to pay for the majority of a young CDM to grow into Neves’ partner in January (not enough time to get 3 deals done)
God that would be an awful downgrade.