Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

KingCavani

So basically you dont want us to give him a higher salary because you don't rate him.
Thankfully the club feel differently.
Haha yeah. The club have been such a phenomenal judge of their own players under this regime. No disastrous contracts handed out whatsoever.

Laughable fanbase.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Haha yeah. The club have been such a phenomenal judge of their own players under this regime. No disastrous contracts handed out whatsoever.

Laughable fanbase.
It is laughable, we're chastising our best players for negotiating contracts purely because we've deemed it unacceptable for them to earn a number plucked from the sky, despite knowing absolutely none of the minute details about their contracts.

You're right, laughable indeed.

UDontMessWith24

Of course we don't know what's happening behind the scenes. If that's the basis for not discussing this, then why is this thread, or any other thread there? None of us know jack on whats happening behind the scenes, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss it.

My point is simple. Making Pogba our highest paid player is not worth it since he doesn't perform as well, and is no Ronaldo/Messi to compensate for that by virtue of his fame or marketability.

Buying a midfielder who is more 'balanced' and can potentially work in a 2 man system is much better than spending this on Pogba. If you think Pogba is a great player, or he's some extremely highly marketable superstar, then I don't have anythingin to say.
If you can’t see Pogba is a great player then yeah the less you say the better

buchansleftleg

Souness is going to have a field day if he’s sees this. . .
Pogba's brother's in Dancing Shock!

Appalling behaviour from Pogba's brothers there....staying at home with their parents, not drinking, having a dance / sing-song while watching some TV. Disgusting!

Someone should get drunk and beat a female relative or assault a fellow footballer or maybe plant a giant flag in their back garden just to demonstrate how bad this behaviour is!

Pavl3n

What is Pogba's chant?
I'm not UK based fan and I have barely heard anyone chanting his name.
I expected to hear fans chanting his name when he was coming off against Leeds, but didn't hear anything.
Anyone?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Not that surprising. Guy left us on a free in Fergie's era then when he comes back, his agent has spoken some utter rubbish about the club, he's spoken about leaving a few times and on top of all that, his performances have been underwhelming as a whole.

Pavl3n

Not that surprising. Guy left us on a free in Fergie's era then when he comes back, his agent has spoken some utter rubbish about the club, he's spoken about leaving a few times and on top of all that, his performances have been underwhelming as a whole.
Shouldn't we bury the hatchet, come up with a good chant and watch him tear up the league and the dotted line.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
DDG is one of our best keepers ever, Rooney is our top goal scorer, and Sanchez is clearly an outlier in which we paid extra for his wages to offset his transfer cost.
Not exactly a great argument.
Pogbas contribution is nowhere near that of DDG and Rooney. Whether their last big contracts with us were a good idea or not, there was at least an argument they’d earned them.

Has Pogba really done enough to become our highest earner?

Edit: No he hasn’t.

RUCK4444

Pogbas contribution is nowhere near that of DDG and Rooney. Whether their last big contracts with us were a good idea or not, there was at least an argument they’d earned them.

Has Pogba really done enough to become our highest earner?

Edit: No he hasn’t.
Your evaluating this through your own preference of player and what you deem them worthy of.

It doesn’t work like that. It’s largely about what other clubs would be willing to offer Pogba without a second thought, that’s what sets the price, dependant on how much the club want to keep him.

Volumiza

Your evaluating this through your own preference of player and what you deem them worthy of.

It doesn’t work like that. It’s largely about what other clubs would be willing to offer Pogba without a second thought, that’s what sets the price, dependant on how much the club want to keep him.
Dude I admire your tireless support of Pogba and you’re right, it is my own preference. I stick by my view, good player as he can be, he hasn’t earned that privilege and I just can’t understand how anyone could believe he has. Horses for courses and all that I guess.

RUCK4444

Dude I admire your tireless support of Pogba and you’re right, it is my own preference. I stick by my view, good player as he can be, he hasn’t earned that privilege and I just can’t understand how anyone could believe he has. Horses for courses and all that I guess.
Yeah listen I’m vocally supportive of Pogba but that doesn’t mean I’m happy for us to throw insane money at him.

Speaking honestly I just think it’s an obvious football observation for most people to assume Pogba to be one of our very best paid players. And that he would be elsewhere, which is what sets the market for negotiations.

Volumiza

Yeah listen I’m vocally supportive of Pogba but that doesn’t mean I’m happy for us to throw insane money at him.

Speaking honestly I just think it’s an obvious football observation for most people to assume Pogba to be one of our very best paid players. And that he would be elsewhere, which is what sets the market for negotiations.
I don’t actually disagree with your post at all believe it or not mate, I like the ‘one of our very best paid players’ as opposed to ‘our best paid player’ and although I’m certainly not a Pogba fanboy, I’m also not against him staying. He can be class no doubt but after watching him this last few years I just can’t correlate that player with being our best paid player. Just doesn’t fit for me. It’s been a messy relationship since that first year.

RUCK4444

I don’t actually disagree with your post at all believe it or not mate, I like the ‘one of our very best paid players’ as opposed to ‘our best paid player’ and although I’m certainly not a Pogba fanboy, I’m also not against him staying. He can be class no doubt but after watching him this last few years I just can’t correlate that player with being our best paid player. Just doesn’t fit for me. It’s been a messy relationship since that first year.
Yeah on the bolded I understand the sentiment and even agree to an extent, it’s just not the sole basis of what will determine what we offer.

I’m really interested to see what Ole is planning for Pogba if we manage to get him to renew, whether he wants to keep him playing off the left or improve our options for midfield partners and move him back to the pivot.

Volumiza

it’s just not the sole basis of what will determine what we offer.
I understand that, my posts reflect my personal opinion that I don’t like it, knowing full well that my posts carry no weight with what United will do so whatever happens will be met with a shrug of my shoulders.

If he stays, I would personally like us to get a proper deep lying playmaker in to allow him a little more freedom. Although he’s done well on the left I think it limits him a little and I would still would rather see rashford out there.

Hulksmash

If PSG sells Mbappe , they will target Pogba.

I expect a bid in the next days if Mbappe leaves

Infra-red

Don't think this (Pogba staying) is necessarily guaranteed, now that it looks like PSG are about to be given £160m...

RUCK4444

If we lose Pogba (one of my favourite players to watch) and Ronaldo goes to City this will turn from an awesome window to the worst in feckin recent memory.

Somebody hold me, I’m panicking :eek::houllier::nervous:
Gooosfrabba Goosfrabba and breathe

Hulksmash

If we lose Pogba (one of my favourite players to watch) and Ronaldo goes to City this will turn from an awesome window to the worst in feckin recent memory.

Somebody hold me, I’m panicking :eek::houllier::nervous:
Gooosfrabba Goosfrabba and breathe
Better then leaving him on a free. 70M and I ship him off