Paul Pogba player of the year 2019-2020

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Seemingly on a mission to break his own record of giving the ball away in the end of that half!

fergiesarmy1

Shocking so far, watching it in a boozer called Kellies in town and everyone is getting pissed off with him.

Castia

Infuriating

For every good thing he does he seems to do 3 bad things.

Class on his day but more often than not leaves me fecking furious.

gza the genius

He doesn't do himself any favors but honestly, watching this team and the direction the club is headed, it's hard to blame him for seemingly not caring.

lysglimt

Scout
What I am hoping is that he will get back to his best when the window Closes and he have to accept that he will stay here for at least 4 months.

Stadjer

Shocking so far, watching it in a boozer called Kellies in town and everyone is getting pissed off with him.
He hasnt been good but his teammates arent helping him . Everyone is slaughtering him for losing the balls but look at where he gets them.

He got a ball literally passed to him when he was literally surrounded by 3 players. One was basically on his back and the two in front blocked every passing lane for him.

What is he supposed to do? Hold the ball and dribble past them but even Pogba wont be able to do that all the time.

El Zoido

He’s trying to anchor the midfield himself. His passing is still good and he’s always got something in his locker, he doesn’t deserve the constant criticism. Picking the ball up deep while having two players on his shoulder isn’t where he should be playing.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
it's hard to blame him for seemingly not caring.
Except he is paid to care. And perform. And he is paid much more than others, he probably earns double than majority of our players, who themselves are overpaid to begin with.

Woodzy

He has no awareness of where on the pitch he is. He loses the ball in our own half time and time again (usually doing fancy shit) and it has been known to cost us.

shaky

He hasnt been good but his teammates arent helping him . Everyone is slaughtering him for losing the balls but look at where he gets them.

He got a ball literally passed to him when he was literally surrounded by 3 players. One was basically on his back and the two in front blocked every passing lane for him.

What is he supposed to do? Hold the ball and dribble past them but even Pogba wont be able to do that all the time.
He could at least have a bit more awareness of trouble. Punt the ball into the stands if the only other option is an extremely high risk dribble past 3 players that leaves us very exposed if it doesn't come off.

shaky

He has no awareness of where on the pitch he is. He loses the ball in our own half time and time again (usually doing fancy shit) and it has been known to cost us.
That's the main reason I don't understand why he doesn't play much further forward. He likes to dribble, but trying to dribble past players in our own half is high risk/low reward. If he does it around the opposition box its high reward/low risk.

Woodzy

That's the main reason I don't understand why he doesn't play much further forward. He likes to dribble, but trying to dribble past players in our own half is high risk/low reward. If he does it around the opposition box its high reward/low risk.
Perfect example of it there to put Rashford through.

gza the genius

Except he is paid to care. And perform. And he is paid much more than others, he probably earns double than majority of our players, who themselves are overpaid to begin with.
He isn't a robot. If you're as good as Pogba is, already won a world cup etc, you're obviously going to be pretty discouraged with the players he's surrounded with.

roykeane19

This is not FIFA giving the ball away happens in football, especially if your the main attacking impetus and brains for a team who cant string 2 decent attacks together without him

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
already won a world cup etc,
Can anyone make single argument in Pogba's favour without mentioning the world cup? He wasn't much better before the World Cup either, his flaws were always pretty much the same.

Denis79

For whatever reason, it isn't working for him. Position, tactics, team mates, motivation? He's playing beneath his talent, even poor at times.

Halal Jalal

The lack of quality around him is outrageous. You can't blame him for losing the ball when he's forced to be the sole build-up playmaker, transition midfielder and chance creator. All alone.
I can't remember any player of this calibre being suffocated by such a mediocre team, ever. Much worse than Messi playing for Argentina.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
The lack of quality around him is outrageous. You can't blame him for losing the ball when he's forced to be the sole build-up playmaker, transition midfielder and chance creator. All alone.
I can't remember any player of this calibre being suffocated by such a mediocre team, ever. Much worse than Messi playing for Argentina.
You’re kidding, right?

He’s literally as bad as anyone else out there today.

Terrible mentality.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Xavi, Scholes or KDB wouldn’t look any better in this system with a mid-table squad, it is what it is.
He’s playing with far inferior players, he should be doing better but there’s really all that much a deep midfielder could do with all this dross around him.

Halal Jalal

Xavi, Scholes or KDB wouldn’t look any better in this system with a mid-table squad, it is what it is.
He’s playing with far inferior players, he should be doing better but there’s really all that much a deep midfielder could do with all this dross around him.
Exactly.

Jimmy_Bond

Xavi, Scholes or KDB wouldn’t look any better in this system.
Disagree. The cream always rises. Pogba has been poor for three years with some very minimal periods of exception. Can't understand how some people seem to think it's never his fault.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
All three of Xavi, Scholes and KDB were/are better footballers than Pogba so I'm not sure why they couldn't do any better. It would be odd if they didn't, really.

Though that's not to argue against the general point that playing with poor players will inevitably reduce your own performances.

Jimmy_Bond

You’ll get your answer when he leaves next summer.
So his poor performance for three years has all been down to other factors apart from him?

Gerrard played in some horrific Liverpool teams yet dragged them to victory. Pogba isn't fit to lace his boots.

Sir Scott McToMinay

So his poor performance for three years has all been down to other factors apart from him?

Gerrard played in some horrific Liverpool teams yet dragged them to victory. Pogba isn't fit to lace his boots.
Gerrard wasn’t played as a deep playmaker in a midfield two in those teams.
Totally different role.
Gerrard was a great player, you are not wrong about that.

sugar_kane

Bullshit, how do the players you’re on the field with affect your ability to not repeatedly give the ball away or look like you even give the tiniest shit about performing?

Canagel

Its not only outrageous its bordering on scandalous. It would be so funny if it wasn't my team I support. :lol:

Jimmy_Bond

Gerrard wasn’t played as a deep playmaker in a midfield two in those teams.
Totally different role.
Gerrard was a great player, you are not wrong about that.
He was right wing sometimes. Didn't make any difference. Could have put him left back and he'd have dragged them to victory.

Pogba has the talent but doesn't have the mentality to be world class. All swagger and nothing else. Never seen him dominate a football match two weeks in a row. Needs to take a serious look at himself.

gza the genius

Can anyone make single argument in Pogba's favour without mentioning the world cup? He wasn't much better before the World Cup either, his flaws were always pretty much the same.
It wasn't an argument for his quality but rather why I can understand his disillusionment being stuck playing with this United team.

Halal Jalal

Mate, your a Pogba fanboy as well as dictionary definition of a toxic fan. A quick glance of your post history reveals that much.

Get back to your game of FIFA.
I'd prefer if you focused on the topic and on the evidence of his ""poor performances"" I just posted instead of stalking my comment history, thanks.

Jinn

Some of the passes he recieved where horrendous. It's the players around him that need to take responsibility as well. I mean, you can't expect the guy to do everything.
Still, he should have done better.