Paul Pogba racially abused on social media

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I believe Pogba should leave because he’s been the target of a witch hunt, including from supporters of his own team, culminating in racial abuse, on what planet is that selfish? Not everyone has to be Malcolm X or ******* Tubman, this isn’t the civil rights movement, what incentive does Pogba have to stick around? From his own personal perspective, it would be beneficial for his career to move on. And I didn’t even mention Spain, you made that up.
Oh dear, the naivety extends further.

Let's deal with the first rather ignorant point. This is an age of civil rights mate. Do you honestly believe that civil rights ended with the emancipation of women and African Americans? There's still huge inequality in jobs,education,stereotyping by police and other agencies etc.

Whether Pogba leaves is down to him. His incentive to leave will be based on: ambition,earning power,lifestyle change. Of course the racism he's been subjected to recently may prove to be the final straw. I'm not discounting that. As for Spain, it's not made up unless you've been living in a void for the last 3 months. Madrid is his likely destination, we all know it.

The selfish comment was directed at you BTW, not Pogba, but it doesn't surprise me

Inigo Montoya

Are you drunk or just playing dim? Didn't ask you at all.
You didn't ask anyone.I just assumed since we're the only ones engaged in conversation.

As for dim...I'm not. As for drunk; I may as well be, reading your credulous remarks

Enigma_87

You know who
Which is why I first said aggressive and used the term potentially in front of hateful, you can't ignore half of the words, some will think that he is aggressive others that he is hateful it's a matter of perception. And with Neville, it's all about the tone that he uses when he talks about Pogba, the delivery is as important as the substance.
People need to understand that there are plenty of reasons why Neville would use such tone when he talks about Pogba and race is way, way down the line of the potential causes.

He might be biased and wrong about it, he might push the limits, but there is a very little chance race or demographics is the cause of it.

Do you believe Jose had problems with Pogba on racial basis or even Fergie in the past when he left us in the first place.

Pogba with all his virtues comes with a baggage - a 16 stones one to be precise and this is a very good reason people like Neville to target him.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
You didn't ask anyone.I just assumed since we're the only ones engaged in conversation.

As for dim...I'm not. As for drunk; I may as well be, reading your credulous remarks
Ive literally quoted a different user completely, what are you on about?

You are absolutely insane.

OL29

Oh dear, the naivety extends further.

Let's deal with the first rather ignorant point. This is an age of civil rights mate. Do you honestly believe that civil rights ended with the emancipation of women and African Americans? There's still huge inequality in jobs,education,stereotyping by police and other agencies etc.

Whether Pogba leaves is down to him. His incentive to leave will be based on: ambition,earning power,lifestyle change. Of course the racism he's been subjected to recently may prove to be the final straw. I'm not discounting that. As for Spain, it's not made up unless you've been living in a void for the last 3 months. Madrid is his likely destination, we all know it.

The selfish comment was directed at you BTW, not Pogba, but it doesn't surprise me
You’ve completely lost me, can you please explain how wanting Pogba to leave for his own sanity is selfish? Surely selfish would be wanting him to stay, for the benefit of the team I support? Do you really believe what you just typed out?

Inigo Montoya

It does. As it is likely to effect how informed he is on the subject.
It is with everyone though.

Being informed goes to: wider reading,experience,education,race,class,gender,demographic and maybe a whole bunch of other factors too. Media

Opinion can and will often change as a result of recent experience. I could cite several where I questioned my personal feelings after an incident

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What the F?

My demographic and background?:lol:

It's so sad that you should feel the need to ask a poster that. As if that should preclude them having an opinion.
On that particular topic it would have an influence. If you are the target of abuses or if someone from the same demographic or background is verbally abused because of these traits then you are less likely to just ignore it.

Inigo Montoya

Ive literally quoted a different user completely, what are you on about?

You are absolutely insane.
You didn't, go back. It's just a general post.

I'm insane? :lol: Because I've challenged your opinion. Brilliant stuff.

Never mind, school holidays are nearly over and you must be looking forward to year 6.

JPRouve

Scout
People need to understand that there are plenty of reasons why Neville would use such tone when he talks about Pogba and race is way, way down the line of the potential causes.

He might be biased and wrong about it, he might push the limits, but there is a very little chance race or demographics is the cause of it.

Do you believe Jose had problems with Pogba on racial basis or even Fergie in the past when he left us in the first place.

Pogba with all his virtues comes with a baggage - a 16 stones one to be precise and this is a very good reason people like Neville to target him.
I did not talk about racism in my post, so I'm very confused by your post.

Inigo Montoya

On that particular topic it would have an influence. If you are the target of abuses or if someone from the same demographic or background is verbally abused because of these traits then you are less likely to just ignore it.
I agree JP.

My issue is that one needs to ask. It's condescending. If someone has a particular political viewpoint then of course there's a whole bunch of factors influencing that.
We don't need to ask, or else everyone will need to be asked. E.G. I don't need to ask you why your are qualified to speak authoritatively on matters French football.Or if you expressed a political opinion on say Brexit, I wouldn't feel the need to ask your race and class first.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Which is why I first said aggressive and used the term potentially in front of hateful, you can't ignore half of the words, some will think that he is aggressive others that he is hateful it's a matter of perception. And with Neville, it's all about the tone that he uses when he talks about Pogba, the delivery is as important as the substance.
It’s obvious why Pogba winds Neville up. For all his limitations as a footballer, Neville had a phenomenal work rate and has an absolutely undying loyalty to the club. Pogba is more or less the opposite, on both counts. Similarly, Rashford and Lingard tick both these boxes so are much less likely to get any stick. Race and background are irrelevant here (I know you didn’t mention race but worth mentioning with the thread that’s in it)

Inigo Montoya

I think the poster is referring to a bias in Neville's tone when speaking about Pogba, which some people believe has enabled the racism.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
You didn't, go back. It's just a general post.

I'm insane? :lol: Because I've challenged your opinion. Brilliant stuff.

Never mind, school holidays are nearly over and you must be looking forward to year 6.
I quite clearly quoted @Nikelesh Reddy so I really do not understand what you're on about.

Nothing to do with challenging my opinion at all, you just come across as absolutely mental. From literally creating an issue from a question I didn't even ask you to still trying to argue what is or isn't selfish, when it quite clearly isn't selfish. All the while dropping petty little insults which only makes your opinions hold less weight because they sound like they come from an infant. You just come across a bit bizarre.

JPRouve

Scout
I agree JP.

My issue is that one needs to ask. It's condescending. If someone has a particular political viewpoint then of course there's a whole bunch of factors influencing that.
We don't need to ask, or else everyone will need to be asked. E.G. I don't need to ask you why your are qualified to speak authoritatively on matters French football.Or if you expressed a political opinion on say Brexit, I wouldn't feel the need to ask your race and class first.
One needs to ask because very often people make stupid remarks(I have done it myself in the CE forum), if someone suggests that people should ignore these abuses then someone else will ask for more informations, in reality it's a rhetorical question from @SalfordRed18, a question meant to ask for empathy.

JPRouve

Scout
I think the poster is referring to a bias in Neville's tone when speaking about Pogba, which some people believe has enabled the racism.
No, he took a post that didn't talk about racism and not only exclusively made it about racism but asked if I thought that SAF or Mourinho where racist.

Inigo Montoya

It’s obvious why Pogba winds Neville up. For all his limitations as a footballer, Neville had a phenomenal work rate and has an absolutely undying loyalty to the club. Pogba is more or less the opposite, on both counts. Similarly, Rashford and Lingard tick both these boxes so are much less likely to get any stick. Race and background are irrelevant here (I know you didn’t mention race but worth mentioning with the thread that’s in it)
It's rather conflicted though.

He did nominate Pogba as player of the year immediately after. I'm just not sure about Neville. He's either just too passionate about Utd which in turn leads to a lack of objectivity or his comments are well chosen to provoke debate.

OL29

I quite clearly quoted @Nikelesh Reddy so I really do not understand what you're on about.

Nothing to do with challenging my opinion at all, you just come across as absolutely mental. From literally creating an issue from a question I didn't even ask you to still trying to argue what is or isn't selfish, when it quite clearly isn't selfish. All the while dropping petty little insults which only makes your opinions hold less weight because they sound like they come from an infant. You just come across a bit bizarre.
Preach.

Enigma_87

You know who
The narrative that you responded to jem on the last page was hateful comments towards Pogba that also might have racial background and which is the thread for and causes a stir.

Apart from that I think it's pretty obvious that Neville carries a beef towards Pogba, but that is, IMO, for another reason now what the thread is about.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
It's rather conflicted though.

He did nominate Pogba as player of the year immediately after. I'm just not sure about Neville. He's either just too passionate about Utd which in turn leads to a lack of objectivity or his comments are well chosen to provoke debate.
I think Neville’s opinion on Pogba is no more conflicted than a lot of fans. Including mine, for example. I think he’s a phenomenally talented footballer who can be absolutely infuriating, on and off the pitch.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't think that it's the reason otherwise Neville would do the same for a lot of players. Personally I think that he has a lot of disdain regarding Pogba because as a 19 years old he decided to leave United when in Neville's eyes, United is everything that a footballer should need.

If I'm correct then I totally understand his feeling because that's how I feel about Ronaldo. The only problem that I have is that I think that as a very public person, he should tone it down because it's not good for United.

Inigo Montoya

I think Neville’s opinion on Pogba is no more conflicted than a lot of fans. Including mine, for example. I think he’s a phenomenally talented footballer who can be absolutely infuriating, on and off the pitch.
I don't really know much about his 'off pitch' activities. I don't follow him outside of football.

He won't be the first talented footballer who infuriated fans. I grew up in the era of George Best, he infuriated,inspired and eventually saddened me so Pogba isn' going to have the same effect

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I don't really know much about his 'off pitch' activities. I don't follow him outside of football.

He won't be the first talented footballer who infuriated fans. I grew up in the era of George Best, he infuriated,inspired and eventually saddened me so Pogba isn' going to have the same effect
I’m referring to his flirting with Madrid.

JPRouve

Scout
The narrative that you responded to jem on the last page was hateful comments towards Pogba that also might have racial background and which is the thread for and causes a stir.

Apart from that I think it's pretty obvious that Neville carries a beef towards Pogba, but that is, IMO, for another reason now what the thread is about.
No, Jem responded to my post in which I said that I don't think that Neville is racist. From that point there was no racism in our conversation. Maybe you missed the start of the convo which gives sense to your post.

Inigo Montoya

I don't think that it's the reason otherwise Neville would do the same for a lot of players. Personally I think that he has a lot of disdain regarding Pogba because as a 19 years old he decided to leave United when in Neville's eyes, United is everything that a footballer should need.

If I'm correct then I totally understand his feeling because that's how I feel about Ronaldo. The only problem that I have is that I think that as a very public person, he should tone it down because it's not good for United.
That's ignoring(by Neville) the rather shabby way he was treated by SAF, and the fact that the football landscape was changing to the extent that not every footballer wants to spend his entire career at his boyhood club.
Of course he wasn't going to criticise his former manager

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
PS: I can't see anything by NikleshReddy BTW.

Still can't understand why his demographic has anything to do with it
Well if you can't see anything by NikleshReddy than you dont know what he's said and you don't know why I've asked the question I have of him.

Perhaps now you can appreciate why the past 30 minutes or so have left me scratching my head.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

Exactly what I was getting at with my reference to Nev’s undying loyalty and Pogba being the opposite.

I agree he should probably tone it down but he’s a pundit now and nobody wants to listen pundits who won’t say what they think to protect their former club.

JPRouve

Scout
Exactly what I was getting at with my reference to Nev’s undying loyalty and Pogba being the opposite.

I agree he should probably tone it down but he’s a pundit now and nobody wants to listen pundits who won’t say what they think to protect their former club.
And that's why I don't hate Neville for his comments, it's part of his job. It does bothers me from United's perspective but it could be easily fixed if Ole does what SAF used to do and literally tells Neville to shut up.

Enigma_87

You know who
No, Jem responded to my post in which I said that I don't think that Neville is racist. From that point there was no racism in our conversation. Maybe you missed the start of the convo which gives sense to your post.
Ah, ok, my bad then!

I too do believe it dates a while back when he left us in the first place in 2012.

Inigo Montoya

Well if you can't see anything by NikleshReddy than you dont know what he's said and you don't know why I've asked the question I have of him.

Perhaps now you can appreciate why the past 30 minutes or so have left me scratching my head.
Apologies to any offence caused

Inigo Montoya

And that's why I don't hate Neville for his comments, it's part of his job. It does bothers me from United's perspective but it could be easily fixed if Ole does what SAF used to do and literally tells Neville to shut up.
That ain't going to happen:lol:

AFC NimbleThumb

Great article. I’ve been banging this drum for a while but a lot of Utd fans just don’t see it. He’s an exceptional footballer and we’ll be so much worse without him.
Exactly.

I made a comment in a Pogba thread calling people that want him gone while Matic & Co. still pace them up for stupid saying it’d be just desserts if he left & was given a 2 point warning for not jumping on the bandwagon.

Apparently to be a true united supporter you need to want us to sell our best player for no good reason.