Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

clarkydaz

It feels like he has been one leg out of the club since the day one. I mean every summer and winter there's talk weather he'll leave on not, not to mention when his fat bastard of an agent opens his gob.
Bringing Pogba back for a world record fee was the least Fergie United thing you could do

hungrywing

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
As good a player as Pogba is, he's not worth dealing with Raiola. I'm sure he'd do well at Real or PSG but he hasn't been amazing for us, despite periods of form. I certainly wouldn't be offering him 400k a week or anything silly like that. If we could 50m euros for him this summer I'd do it, but I think United have different ideas.

Strelok

He is yes, that's his main problem (and ours as well, we can't really rely on him).

And PSG will never sell him anyway, he's probablly the owner's favorite player. He'll forever be our genious immature child.
Please come and get ours as well.

Banana Republic

.......Doubt Pogba is dying to leave now when he would get ridiculous offers after the world cup as a free agent next summer.
The 2022 World Cup is being played in late November and December (21st Nov - 18th Dec).
If Pogba ends up walking as a free agent next summer, that'll be a few months before the World Cup.

Scholsey2004

I think we can all see where this is heading. Massive new contract a la Rooney and De Gea with roughly the same outcome.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think we can all see where this is heading. Massive new contract a la Rooney and De Gea with roughly the same outcome.
I've seen absolutely nothing that suggests he'll sign a new deal, as I predicted 2 years ago now all signs point to him leaving on a free next summer

cpresc

I’ve wanted him out since the day he dyed his hair blue for the Citeh derby game.

Pogba out. Grealish in would be the dream

ManRed

There are some United fans that want to see him gone :confused::confused::confused: I still can’t understand this
Its only because of the circus and agent he brings with him. Nobody wants agents speaking about player wanting to leave in the middle of a season.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Its only because of the circus and agent he brings with him. Nobody wants agents speaking about player wanting to leave in the middle of a season.
That played a role in us dropping out of the CL.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
There are some United fans that want to see him gone :confused::confused::confused: I still can’t understand this
Absolutely if the cash is used to make us stronger as a team. Pogba is a virtuoso talent but lacks maturity in his play. He struggles to do the simple things needed in a top midfielder but makes the sublime look easy. The team has to be looked at holistically not as a collection of individuals.

We have an elite #10 in Bruno but we lack a true 6, which would bring balance to our midfield. I would definitely sell Pogba to get a top class holding midfielder and thenhave the option of rotating Fred, McTominay and VdB in the 8 role, all of whom are better suited to that.

Pogba has the physical and technical qualities of an 8 or 10 but he doesn’t have the brain for the former. I’d take a defensive playmaker as a 6, to knit that link between defence and midfield and protect the back four. Keep the elite attacking midfielder in Bruno to link the midfield and attack, and have a workhorse winning the ball back and pressing at 8. A box to box role. Kante is the king of that, and I think it’s plain to see that Fred and McTominay are both best suited to that kind of role. I feel that brings the best out of our squad, and would make a much more balanced and successful side.

Last edited:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
We have an elite #10 in Bruno but we lack a true 6, which would bring balance to our midfield. I would definitely sell Pogba to get a top class holding midfielder and thenhave the option of rotating Fred, McTominay and VdB in the 8 role, all of whom are better suited to that.
The problem is, unless someone is stupid enough to go for a Hazard style deal (150M), you won't get what is needed for a top class player from Pogba leaving 1 year before the end of his contract. And before anyone says PSG, it won't be PSG ^^

And the second question being : who would be this player? There's not that many top class holding midfielders in the world.

Last edited:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The problem is, unless someone is stupid enough to go for a Hazard style deal (150M), you won't get what is needed for a top class player from Pogba leaving 1 year before the end of his contract. And before anyone says PSG, it won't be PSG ^^
I didn’t say it would find the move in the entirety but Pogba is a square peg in a round hole currently. If we can get 50m for him and then go out and get a top class DM for 70m odd, we look a much better side IMO. For all the reasons stated above. And it certainly beats losing him for free.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
It's pretty easy to understand. He's a talented player but has been largely inconsistent with us. He has one year left on his contract and we risk losing him for a second time for free after paying 89m to bring him back and his agent has constantly talked up a move for him as well as disrespect the club.

Utd7

Hope he stays. There’s no way if we sell, Glazers use the funds to get a Grealish for example.

Commentary

I would feel more comfortable saying Pogba out if I got to see what Van de Beek can do as a number 8....but Ole hardly played him.

Apparently Raiola wants Pogba on an obscene amount of money to resign......so as much as it pains me to say this......I think we should sell him.

If he stays another year there is a good chance Van de Beek won't get a lot of playing time, so we would risk losing both of them at the end of the year....stuck with McTominay as your best option...Yikes!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Time for new team in my opinion. He's on one year contract and doesn't fit in.

Bruno -> Pogba's replacement
VDB & McTominay -> Herrera & Fellaini replacement
XXXX -> Matic's replacement

Mr Smith

I've seen absolutely nothing that suggests he'll sign a new deal, as I predicted 2 years ago now all signs point to him leaving on a free next summer
Am I mad to say I'm possibly OK with that?

My logic is that it's very unlikely we'll replace him this summer, so it's worth keeping him around one more year when he's in his prime. Yes it's a big financial loss to lose him on a free, but it might give us one last chance to convince him to extend. At worst we miss out on 50mil; a loss certainly, but not a fatal one for this club.

I could be wrong, but I think I'd rather keep him for another 12 months than sell him now.

Infestissumam

I don't know why this is so hard to understand. Pogba is a world-class player in theory, but he has failed to consistently show it at United. Now we can all speculate why that is and point fingers, but sometimes these marriages just don't work out as expected. It happens. Now people will point to how he does for France to show how foolish it would be to let him go, but he's never shown that kind of class consistently at United. And he's been here for five years! It's just not going to happen. Then you look at how we usually line up in a 4-2-3-1 ... where is he going to play? Bruno is our 10, that shouldn't even be a discussion. We've used him on the left, but arguably we have a lot of depth when it comes to natural wingers already, especially after signing Sancho - so there's really no need to shoehorn him into that role either. So that leaves the double pivot, and I have no idea how people still think this is a viable option. It has never worked. Maybe a bit with Matic, but certainly not with Fred or McTominay. And then you add the constant drama with Raiola and the flirts with Real during every international break and all of a sudden you realize this isn't exactly the happiest of marriages.

so now you're stuck with three options. Option A is re-signing him to a fat new contract, and I don't think that is a good idea at all. We have been burned with that before (you really just have to look at De Gea), and with Raiola you know how this ends ... it'd be a contract that would completely ruin our wage structure and we'd regret that one pretty much from day one. Option B is letting him walk for free next season, and I'd argue that's not a good look, given that he was our record signing. Will the club allow that to happen? It's not ideal. So that leaves you with option C, which is to sell him this summer. We could certainly need to funds to actually sign a defensive midfielder that makes sense in our current setup. I know people are reluctant to let big players leave, and I get that. But Pogba has never really worked out for us and it makes sense to cut our losses before it's too late. So yeah, I hope PSG make a serious move at some point.

Matriac

We're not going to sell him cause nobody will pay us what he's worth to us for another season.

If we actually do land Varane and a third quality signing on top of Sancho it really feels like we are serious about landing a big trophy next season.

Pogba is a flair player that will be important for us especially at the start of the season while Rashford is out for months(?) from his surgery. But also throughout the season of course.

We are not as skint as RM is now, and 40-50m we could get for him in this market is not worth the service from him this season as well as the chance we might resign him on a new contract.

Taking the chance on running down your contract might also be less appealing to players now after just witnessing what Eriksen experienced out of the blue, and there now being uncertainty around whether he has to retire or not.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

My logic is that it's very unlikely we'll replace him this summer, so it's worth keeping him around one more year when he's in his prime. Yes it's a big financial loss to lose him on a free, but it might give us one last chance to convince him to extend. At worst we miss out on 50mil; a loss certainly, but not a fatal one for this club.

I could be wrong, but I think I'd rather keep him for another 12 months than sell him now.
I completely agree :)

On the face of it people will look at £89m fee we paid and non of it recouped but over the 6 seasons he'll of been here that's less than 15m a season (or 6 Dan James')

I too would rather keep him for one more year than sell him just to get some money in and have a whole in the squad for a season

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He will stay, looks pretty clear but he's leaving on a free.

Matriac

Paul is the first player the club chose to show wearing the new kit.

He's staying.

Judas

Open to offers
Leaving on a free or we really do kick on and he signs a new deal during the season it is then. But think most signs point to him making a tidy sum of cash and leaving next summer.

Matriac

Leaving on a free or we really do kick on and he signs a new deal during the season it is then. But think most signs point to him making a tidy sum of cash and leaving next summer.
If Ole fancies him enough to want him to continue to be part of the team going forward he can make the same tidy sum by signing a new deal with us. It's just called a loyalty bonus instead of a sign-on fee.

Lastwolf

I can understand his heistance a bit, we all laugh a Kane wanting out but being held to a super long contract.

Over the last 4-5 years, despite all the paper/ Mino Raiola talk, it's been categorically proven that clubs don't want him bad enough to pay a fee, if he signs a new contract, he's effectively here for the remainder of his career. No-one will be paying 100m+ for a 30 year old pogba in 2023.

hobbers

Probably something to do with the total package of a new contract for him being in the region of £140m. Which he is barely worth half of.

MattofManchester

I just wish we'd resolve this, one way or the other.
Why does there always have to be so much insecurity on the issue.

AttackAttackAttack

Yeah I think having him around for one more season if we bring in varane alongside sancho is worth more than 50mm. We should win some trophies next year and pogba can play a vital part in that. Next year, we can sign a striker and a midfielder.

Bwuk

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s holding out to see what we do in the summer transfer wise. Are we serious about competing or not?

Infra-red

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s holding out to see what we do in the summer transfer wise. Are we serious about competing or not?
I doubt he cares. Massive signing on bonus next summer will be in his (and his fat slug of an agent's) mind now.

Last edited:

Redlyn

Going or staying is fine by me. Before the window shuts he needs to sign-on or leave for whatever we can flog him for. If he leaves for free he would have really made a mug out of us and for me it's the worst case scenario.