Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

sp_107

If United want to keep him, maybe Pogba's pay can be increased, but the guaranteed proportion reduced. The remaining proportion will be performance based, including by the team as a whole.
Not worth it. even 275K is lot for him.

If you look at players like Gortezka who is still in 130K a week, Kroos on 200K after an improved contract, Its mindblowing to see how much a player like Pogba gets.
I know Pogba has some marketting value but still 275K a week is a lot.

MattofManchester

He wants to go. Best to let him.

If he does, we need to bring in 2 midfielders, 1 if he doesn't. I want the McFred experiment to end.

Sea-Cow

I know football doesn't exactly work like this, but if this was FM or FIFA and he wanted to go to PSG I would be 100% on board with a straight swap for Veratti.

Strelok

I know football doesn't exactly work like this, but if this was FM or FIFA and he wanted to go to PSG I would be 100% on board with a straight swap for Veratti.
It's real life so PSG would slap a big big suitcase on your face and keep Verratti mate :D

I'm a bit pessimistic about selling Pogba though. His best option is to leave on a free next summer. Easily 30m for him and 20m for the fat cnut.

The saddest part is we can do nothing about. Don't really think the club or Ole would bench him for a season.

Eddy_JukeZ

We'd be better off if so, but I highly doubt Verratti wants to leave and that PSG would let him leave

And these swap deals are so rare

Eddy_JukeZ

If Pogba wants to leave, you have to sell him I think.

You can't let him leave on a free when you can still recoup something for him.

To be honest, I'm not sure why he'd want to leave now considering how good we're looking and the fact that no club seems to be crazy about signing him(yes I know he has a year left, but still).

Kaos

My biggest fear with keeping him another season isn't even the fact we'd lose him on a free, its the potentially debilitating effects of having him around the dressing room, especially if he's not motivated or if Ole decides to drop him for most games. I'm honestly hoping we sell this summer and have all parties move on. The sooner we have the fat man's greasy clutches as far away from this club, the better.

romufc

It's real life so PSG would slap a big big suitcase on your face and keep Verratti mate :D

I'm a bit pessimistic about selling Pogba though. His best option is to leave on a free next summer. Easily 30m for him and 20m for the fat cnut.

The saddest part is we can do nothing about. Don't really think the club or Ole would bench him for a season.
If the season starts and he hasn't signed a contract, it is pretty obvious what will happen.

In that case, I think Ole will have to drop him to the bench. Pogba when he had a contract hardly really dug it for the team, knowing he is going to leave, will his motivation be there?

I would rather see us build with players who will be here for the longer run and want to play for United.

Strelok

If the season starts and he hasn't signed a contract, it is pretty obvious what will happen.

In that case, I think Ole will have to drop him to the bench. Pogba when he had a contract hardly really dug it for the team, knowing he is going to leave, will his motivation be there?

I would rather see us build with players who will be here for the longer run and want to play for United.
That's what we all want mate, and probably Ole.

However Pogba is still a megastar, especially his marketing and commercial values. If we don't play him, the club loses money. The club would have to choose between financial benefits and making out an example. Knowing us I'm afraid we'll choose the first, money.

Ole has made out quite clear last season that it's either the left wing or the bench for Pogba. So imo he won't fancy much playing him but due to pressure from the board he would have to occasionally play him.

What a shitty situation we've let ourself in.

romufc

That's what we all want mate, and probably Ole.

However Pogba is still a megastar, especially his marketing and commercial values. If we don't play him, the club loses money. The club would have to choose between financial benefits and making out an example. Knowing us I'm afraid we'll choose the first, money.

Ole has made out quite clear last season that it's either the left wing or the bench for Pogba. So imo he won't fancy much playing him but due to pressure from the board he would have to occasionally play him.

What a shitty situation we've let ourself in.
I can understand the pressure but I feel signing Sancho will be find for our commercial presence. i do understand that Pogba is levels above though.

I feel that this uncertainty is really holding us back, having to fit Pogba in a team which makes us unbalanced.

Look at the way Donny has conducted himself, I would rather us get a formation that can fit him in.

Real Name

It feels like he has been one leg out of the club since the day one. I mean every summer and winter there's talk weather he'll leave on not, not to mention when his fat bastard of an agent opens his gob.

Strelok

I can understand the pressure but I feel signing Sancho will be find for our commercial presence. i do understand that Pogba is levels above though.

I feel that this uncertainty is really holding us back, having to fit Pogba in a team which makes us unbalanced.

Look at the way Donny has conducted himself, I would rather us get a formation that can fit him in.
Yeah surely it's not a good thing.

In such scenario his priority would be stay injury free. That means it's very likely we'd see an even lazier and more halfassed Pogba. If he plays, that would mean other players would have to do even more to cover his ass.

And none would like that I think. Would be pretty bad for the dressing room as someone has said above.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Raiola is way to quiet. I feel a contract extension incoming.
That's a good point, it's not like him to not be running his mouth against United - maybe he's too preoccupied with getting Haaland to Chelsea to concentrate on Pogba right now? Especially since he's so close to getting him moved on a free again.

Revan

Assumptionman
Ole will play him if he won’t extend. No point cutting off his nose to spite his face. Maybe he’d be quicker to bench him after a poor performance or give game time to VDB but he definitely won’t be exiled.
It shouldn’t be Ole’s decision. We need to stop being nice and understanding. Either he signs a reasonable contract now, gets sold now, or doesn’t get registered at all for the next season. With World Cup being next year, he would risk a lot by not playing for a year and training with the kids.

MUFC OK

That's a good point, it's not like him to not be running his mouth against United - maybe he's too preoccupied with getting Haaland to Chelsea to concentrate on Pogba right now? Especially since he's so close to getting him moved on a free again.
He knows he’s working on getting what he wants for him and his client. Pogba will end up either leaving or signing a new contract - based on whoever is daft enough to pay MR his £30m commission.

GBBQ

It shouldn’t be Ole’s decision. We need to stop being nice and understanding. Either he signs a reasonable contract now, gets sold now, or doesn’t get registered at all for the next season. With World Cup being next year, he would risk a lot by not playing for a year and training with the kids.
He'd take us to court if we did that. He's signed a contract that United offered and unless there is some physical impediment to him playing he should be played. We can't spite him because he doesn't fancy staying on longer than the length of the contract both sides agreed on. I would personally like him to be sold but if its not going to happen then I don't see why he should rot in the reserves when he's helping the team progress. Even in terms of squad rotation he'd be needed and at the end of the day I care more about United mounting a credible title/CL challenge using the best players available than putting a plyer in the reserves because he wants a new challenge.

Revan

Assumptionman
He'd take us to court if we did that. He's signed a contract that United offered and unless there is some physical impediment to him playing he should be played. We can't spite him because he doesn't fancy staying on longer than the length of the contract both sides agreed on. I would personally like him to be sold but if its not going to happen then I don't see why he should rot in the reserves when he's helping the team progress. Even in terms of squad rotation he'd be needed and at the end of the day I care more about United mounting a credible title/CL challenge using the best players available than putting a plyer in the reserves because he wants a new challenge.
Many teams have done similar things to other players. He has a contract with us but that doesn’t guarantee him playing time.

I believe there is a rule that if a player is less than in 10% of the matches, he can go to court and leave on the free, but that does not apply to Pogba who can go in a free anyway.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Worst thing that can happen is he leaves for free next summer. Either we sign him up with a new contract or we sell him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Why is PSG not splashing the cash
if it’s anything like Sancho then it’s because they haven’t agreed personal terms yet. I’m sure he’s asking for monster money either way. They are probably weighing up spending and going all out next season or sitting it out and taking him on a free in 22. Thing is PSG have unlimited funds so if the player is keen and he’s not going to sign here they can easily afford what we will want for him this summer. Do it ye rich bastids!

Or else sign a new deal here and use himself and Bruno to keep each other as fresh as possible.

RedDevil@84

Or else sign a new deal here and use himself and Bruno to keep each other as fresh as possible.
If he was going to stay on his 290k pw, then maybe that was an option. But I don't see him wanting anything less than 375k. That is the only reason PSG should just take him away.

marktan

Sell him for 50m and sign more players like VDB for 40m, players that do nothing and whose expectations are so low they'll never get criticised.

RedDevil@84

Sell him for 50m and sign more players like VDB for 40m, players that do nothing and whose expectations are so low they'll never get criticised.
Or give him 400k pw and his agent some more and have him and his agent s**t talk about us and say how Real Madrid is a dream, every time an international break happens

davidmichael

Said it a few weeks ago and I’ll say it again, sell Pogba to PSG and use the money to sign both Camavinga and Tchouameni which along with McTominay and Fred already there and Garner coming through is the double pivot sorted for the next decade.

I’m a fan of Pogba and I’d love to keep him IF I knew he wanted to stay and put in a shift every game BUT it’s quite clear he doesn’t and won’t which added to Ole being insistent on sticking with a 4-2-3-1 means Pogba is a luxury player and one that the pro’s are outweighed by the con’s for us unfortunately.

PSG are crying out for a player like Pogba too as currently it’s Verratti plus others that aren’t up to the standard PSG aspire to be at such as Danilo, Herrera, Rafinha, Paredes and Gueye which means they have to play their best centre back (Marquinhos) in midfield so a midfielder of Verratti, Wijnaldum and Pogba is a much higher class and PSG get their high profile superstar signing.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
My biggest fear with keeping him another season isn't even the fact we'd lose him on a free, its the potentially debilitating effects of having him around the dressing room, especially if he's not motivated or if Ole decides to drop him for most games. I'm honestly hoping we sell this summer and have all parties move on. The sooner we have the fat man's greasy clutches as far away from this club, the better.
He will be extremely motivated to perform at the highest level to earn his last big fat contract. his only risk is injury when he runs down his contract. He is top quality but for whatever reason it doesn't work out in Man Utd.

MrSingh2002

I think unless Real Madrid want him this summer he will want to play with us next season and leave on a free.

Doubt Pogba is dying to leave now when he would get ridiculous offers after the world cup as a free agent next summer.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
We'd be mugs if we signed him to a new contract, especially if the rumoured demands are true.

If PSG don't come in with an offer, we should just let him go next summer.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Wow that's a random thought comment. By the way, check the VdB performances thread to see how he "never gets criticized".
There is a clear reason why those low prices are being mentioned. When we talk about "value" we talk about players with 3+ years on a contract. In that case Pogba would be obviously worth much more.
Part of that is Pogba but I'm pretty sure we're not willing to give him mega contract either. I mean, he's already getting much more money than McTominay and Fred who are both higher in the pecking order!

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Isnt Verratti very injury probe? Great player but too often not available
He is yes, that's his main problem (and ours as well, we can't really rely on him).

And PSG will never sell him anyway, he's probablly the owner's favorite player. He'll forever be our genious immature child.