Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

-Supreme-

Yes, I don't doubt that aspect personally, especially if he's looking to impress his next club and make a bit more money. Plus I do think he'd want to leave us on a high.
You'd be naive to think his next club will pay much attention to his performances post January, given he'd on a free transfer and won't affect how much he gets paid.

CanadianUtd

Supports
Vancouver, Boston
Ok but nowhere does this say out as in transfer, for all we know he walks for free at the end of next year.

...misleading post really that could be with the main Pogba thread (unless i’m missing something here)

edit:
the fact the tweet was posted 13+ hours ago yet no other journalists/reporters/outlets followed up on it makes me say it’s nonsensical

Likely some low tier guy trying to put his name out there and gain attention - time to put away the premature bells and alarms ...at least for now until proven otherwise ;)

Last edited:

gorky_utd

Yes, I don't doubt that aspect personally, especially if he's looking to impress his next club and make a bit more money. Plus I do think he'd want to leave us on a high.
There will too much drama. Plus every week his brother will be giving interviews to different clubs. Best to sell him to psg for a good money and get a good replacement.

Judas

Open to offers
You'd be naive to think his next club will pay much attention to his performances post January, given he'd on a free transfer and won't affect how much he gets paid.
Eh whatever ignore that bit if you're that way inclined, he'd still try and leave on a high, it's not as if he hates the club.

There will too much drama. Plus every week his brother will be giving interviews to different clubs. Best to sell him to psg for a good money and get a good replacement.
I know, which is why I already said to sell him x

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
if he isn’t signing a new deal then we have to get rid this summer. If PSG are offering 50m then so be it, put it towards a DM which we need more anyway.

Cloud7

I can live with him going to PSG. Would be much more annoying if he went to Real.

-Supreme-

Why wouldn’t he? it’s not like he won’t have a deal in the background already sorted if he does want to leave, he’s not going to be risking free agency.

We’ve seen already that Pogba is professional and gives his all when he can, he saved Mourinho against Newcastle when they hated each other.

If he leaves then of course it’s frustrating, but it’s out of our control.
Contract can't be signed officially until his current deal ends at Utd, let's say Pogba has a serious injury that could potentially a career ending one then his next club will no doubt pull out of the deal.

arthurka

Just get him out already. Pogba staying, no leaving, no staying, no sorry leaving who gives a shit anymore.

CanadianUtd

Supports
Vancouver, Boston
"Cet été" means "this summer".
Ooo i see, well in that case let’s wait and see what unfolds

my estimation is United won’t budge, leave themselves short handed for the upcoming season, and would rather let him walk unless PSG fork up a considerable fee

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Didn’t expect PSG, personally. I always thought it’d be back to Juve next summer.

If he goes this summer, it needs to happen quickly, because finding a player of his quality to replace him in the side will be pretty fecking difficult. Near impossible if you ask me.

Judas

Open to offers
Didn’t expect PSG, personally. I always thought it’d be back to Juve next summer.

If he goes this summer, it needs to happen quickly, because finding a player of his quality to replace him in the side will be pretty fecking difficult. Near impossible if you ask me.
You can't replace what Pogba at his best does for this team, but I'd like to think we can find someone who is more consistent, even if they're of a lesser quality but fit into the side.

Redfrog

With Sancho, I don’t know where he will play. We just bought a better player to play on the wing and he can’t play in a double pivot, which we will play since Bruno is a much better player for us then Pogba ever was.

If we can sell him for 50m euros then do it as his talent isn’t worth the headache about his position. With the money, we should by a midfielder who can play in a double pivot.

Imagine PSG with him, even more dramas ! Would like to see it, don’t know who will defend in that team !

MDFC Manager

Correct.

We've already a lack of midfielders in the squad, selling the best one will be hard to accept.

Dante

Average bang

Sancho is effectively the replacement.

McTominay and Fred have already replaced Pogba in midfield. Which is why Pogba's been playing on the left wing with Rashford on the right wing. Now that Sancho's come in, that open position on the left will be filled again.

Redfrog

You can't replace what Pogba at his best does for this team, but I'd like to think we can find someone who is more consistent, even if they're of a lesser quality but fit into the side.
He doesn’t even have a fixed position in the team !
I am not worried about him leaving one bit.
Sancho will add creativity in the team so will suit us better then position less Pogba !

M Bison

Supports
York City
Hopefully true. Promote Garner and/Hannibal, lads who actually give a hoot about the club and want to play for the team.

Nick7

I’d love for him to stay, but really if he isn’t signing a contract it’s better we sell him rather than let him walk for free next season for me.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Sell him and play one of the youth players who'd DIE for United. Pogba clearly seems to think he's some kind of footballer and not a footsoldier for the Kingdom of Mancunia.

It's reprehensible.

Born2Lose

It's the smartest move for him, go to a league where you still look good if you play in 2nd gear regularly.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hopefully true. Promote Garner and/Hannibal, lads who actually give a hoot about the club and want to play for the team.
Statements like this always make me laugh, I can just imagine it with that clown mask meme

Tallis

He is going to leave for free if we don’t sell him.
- he has done it before.
- his agent has been saying that he wants to leave
- if he wanted to stay, contract may already have been resolved by now.

We can let him leave for free and be the example for other players to follow. Or we can tell him, that he will be playing every game with the reserves unless he leaves. We can’t make the DDG mistake here. At least, DDG is fit enough to play most of the season and was actually WC for Utd until couple of seasons ago

FujiVice

I do hope he fecks off. Not going to lie. Sick of the bullshit surrounding him to be honest. Sick of 6 poor games and one world class game where people suddenly go "it must be Solskjaers fault he's so shite?!" If you can get a significant amount for him, just get rid. Bring in someone who will fit the system more.

R'hllor

People losing their shit about Pogba this Pogba that.

If he decides to leave, best of luck to him, more or less he wasted his prime years in here, maybe besides good money he wants higher chance to actually win something big again.

Him leaving portion of fan base will be finally happy, muppets expected from him to put whole team on his back and carry them, not to mention expectations in games where we were poor ( tones of those ), where they wanted him to win us game with one moment of quality and paper the cracks.

Neymar

Not a peasant
Supports
Neymar & Messi
This seems more likely than in years past for some reason. He will probably go, and it may be for the best. He often takes up a place in the starting eleven but doesn't put in the work required.

We would be better served bringing in a replacement who actually wants to play for the club, and fits the team better. We have a playmaking type in Fernandes so why not get a quality destroyer in for once. We had Matic who was great and even had great passing and clever playmaking, but we never replaced him. McTominay is not starting eleven material for a club like United.

CM

Now's the time to cash out on Pogba if he isn't signing a new deal. £50-60m and I'd let him go, this can't rumble on for another season.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
People complaining about the amount of Pogba threads, then I remember I have about 10 on ignore.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He needs to either sign a contract this month or be sold. We absolutely cannot go into next season with him if he’s not signed an extension.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Footmercato isn't a source. It's the equivalent of Caughtoffside.

mu4c_20le

Pogba Wijnaldum Herrera. That's a CL/PL/WC winning midfield right there.

MDFC Manager

Statements like this always make me laugh, I can just imagine it with that clown mask meme
The same people will pile on the abuse on vastly inferior players like McFred and VdB when they struggle to be effective.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
People losing their shit about Pogba this Pogba that.

If he decides to leave, best of luck to him, more or less he wasted his prime years in here, maybe besides good money he wants higher chance to actually win something big again.

Him leaving portion of fan base will be finally happy, muppets expected from him to put whole team on his back and carry them, not to mention expectations in games where we were poor ( tones of those ), where they wanted him to win us game with one moment of quality and paper the cracks.
Want him and his drama gone tbh, and it's not like he's been excellent for the most part either.