Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I can see us being bullied into letting him go on a free next summer.

It makes sense for him and Raiola to have him stay this season, knuckle down and see what he can do in a team with Sancho and Varane. Any silverware will reflect favourably on him, and he and his agent will be able to negotiate for a bigger payday with there being no transfer fee involved next summer.

It's a big headache for Ole, if Pogba is not in his plans. If Pogba gets dropped, there's no doubt there'd be intense media pressure should the team not hit the ground running.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Whatever the outcome, I just hope it gets resolved swiftly. Last thing we want is for the circus to be dragged out and impact the rest of the team.

Loon

:lol:
Thought he played like he was in the shop window tail end of last season and seemingly proved right. Get him moved on before KO.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I can see him doing very very well at PSG. Neymar and Mbappe running on to his through balls will be a field day. Compare it to PSG against City when Neymar was having to drop deep into midfield.

I want the transfer to happen more for his sake than anything because with Verrati and wjnaldum behind him, and Neymar and Mbappe in front, playing in AM role he'll shine.

At United he's had to contend with playing DM and having the likes of Rashford, Lingard and Greenwood be static and fluff chances, yes he's been inconsistent especially with injuries / covid but the way this forum and the opposition treat him as though he's some crap player is ridiculous. He was probably the main reason Ole got the job as United manager permanently in the first place.

Just like with Luke Shaw being written off and wanted to be sold three years ago I can see this forum being left with some serious egg on their face. If Mbappe renews I can see them winning a CL or two with the team they're building.
his brother and agent disrespecting the club is why he needs to leave. We don't even need to talk about his inconsistent performance on the pitch. Pogba is the worst transfer of all time for us, we literally paid millions for him only to perform well for like 10 games a season and his entourage slamming the club. Good riddance to him.

LonelyFire

It blows my mind people don’t prioritize winning over avoiding an imaginary circus in their mind created by the press about someone who is not a problem in the locker room.
Nonsense. How much winning have we done with Pogba? Not much. Not all his fault of course, but it’s fair to say that he hasn’t consistently delivered what was expected - and were 5 years down the line.

As for the circus, he asked to leave in 2019 and we had that rumble all summer. His agent repeatedly mouths off in the press - have you forgotten about pre Leipzig? If you genuinely believe this wouldn’t be anything other than a distraction to Utd next season then your kidding yourself.

MrSingh2002

Genuine question, what makes you think Real Madrid wants him? They could have asked for him to allow us to get Varane but they did not. PSG would like to sign him and Juventus would like him for free, that's about it.
There have been numerous comments about Pogba from them over the years but yeah I agree they're not pursuing him since Zidane left for sure.

They're manoeuvring for their new savior Mbappe it appears.

theklr

There have been numerous comments about Pogba from them over the years but yeah I agree they're not pursuing him since Zidane left for sure.

They're manoeuvring for their new savior Mbappe it appears.
Could see them go for him but only on a free next year

kthanksbye

He should be offered a take it or leave it contract with a timeline, if he doesn't sign it then we should make it clear to him that he will not be training with the first team for the rest of his time here. If he wants to move on a free, let his next club get a player with not top flight game under his belt for an entire season.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He should be offered a take it or leave it contract with a timeline, if he doesn't sign it then we should make it clear to him that he will not be training with the first team for the rest of his time here. If he wants to move on a free, let his next club get a player with not top flight game under his belt for an entire season.
With fixture congestion due to the WC next year, that may not be a bad thing from Pogba's perspective. A well paid break until his next assignment elsewhere.

Speako

Yes, that’s what we should do. Flog him and throw him into solitary confinement. Show all players around the world that if you dare go into the final year of your contract at United, your dead to us and will train on your own. That’ll do it.
Jesus wept. Have I woke up in 1939?

Withnail

If Mitten's info is correct we should send him off to PSG.

If he'd just had a season where he'd payed a blinder most games and then won the euros he could demand a massive pay rise but why does he think he deserves to be the highest paid player at the club?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
why does he think he deserves to be the highest paid player at the club?
The single greatest question there is. Even greater than 'what is the meaning of life?'

I'm not 100% against him staying but christ, I'd hate to see him our highest earner when there are other players who give way more to the club irrespective of talent.

AFC NimbleThumb

I'm sorry but he is holding the club to hostage.. why would you want such a player at the club?

He got offered 350k a week, he wants 450k.... What has he done to even deserve the 350k?
Him holding the club hostage isn’t what your point was though was it.

Well done to him, he was Europa league player of the year, lets all go celebrate that. What has he done in a Manutd shirt in the CL - yep feck all.
I agree we shouldn’t be being held hostage in this situation, I’d say that for any player but you were somehow finding a way to disregard his standout performances the last time we did win something.

I’d love to be dominating Europe at the top level but of late we’ve been to 2 Europa League Finals & a Semi; it’s been our level so to criticise him for the one time we won it when a multitude of players you champion on here sh*t the bed of late is bizarre.

That said, his time has come to leave.

youmeletsfly

I think he's going, seems like the club are not stupid enough to let him leave on a free. If the club would've opposed the move, Raiola would be all over the press.
I'd still like him to stay and another DM to come in.

kthanksbye

Yes, that’s what we should do. Flog him and throw him into solitary confinement. Show all players around the world that if you dare go into the final year of your contract at United, your dead to us and will train on your own. That’ll do it.
You think he'd be arsed to make any efforts for us? you think a player who will be out of contract at the end of the season will not be thinking of picking up an injury going into a 50 50 ball? As it is Pogba has difficulties keeping himself motivated every week, add to that he'd be using the games just to keep himself match fit for the next club.
We've done this before with DeGea, I don't see how it is an outrageous thing to do with Pogba.
We'll not miss him.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Why promote a player who wants to leave on a free? It makes more sense for the club to play assets who might benifit the financial future of Utd. It is not petty but a practical business strategy.

romufc

Him holding the club hostage isn’t what your point was though was it.

I agree we shouldn’t be being held hostage in this situation, I’d say that for any player but you were somehow finding a way to disregard his standout performances the last time we did win something.

I’d love to be dominating Europe at the top level but of late we’ve been to 2 Europa League Finals & a Semi; it’s been our level so to criticise him for the one time we won it when a multitude of players you champion on here sh*t the bed of late is bizarre.

That said, his time has come to leave.
I am not saying he is the worst player but there is a massive overreaction by some fans on what he has done.

Yes, his first season he was brilliant at times. I have seen brilliant performances from Pogba like the City game where he turned up or even this season there were a few games where he turned the game. We all know what Pogba can do, my issue is and will always be with Pogba is consistency.

Lingard has had as many good spells, his goal in the league cup final, goals at Emirates and the like too, so there are many players who have standout performances but that doesn't mean he can live of that.

At the moment, in my mind I have 3 reasons why we should cut our losses on Pogba.

1. He wants over 400k, last few times we done that its ended badly with Sanchez and DDG
2. Last year of his contract so losing him on a free is bas business
3. Balance of the team, we have seen if many times this season, its very very difficult to balance a team with him in the double pivot without an elite ball winner.

Speako

You think he'd be arsed to make any efforts for us? you think a player who will be out of contract at the end of the season will not be thinking of picking up an injury going into a 50 50 ball? As it is Pogba has difficulties keeping himself motivated every week, add to that he'd be using the games just to keep himself match fit for the next club.
We've done this before with DeGea, I don't see how it is an outrageous thing to do with Pogba.
We'll not miss him.
No, I agree, I want him out and he’s done nothing to warrant being one of our highest ever paid players, as my previous posts have said. But it remains ludicrous that we would have a policy at the club where we banish players to solitary training, simply because they’re in the last year of their contracts.
You either sell the player a year earlier, or you get the best out of them for the remaining twelve months. The fans are understandably disappointed in him, but by all accounts he’s a positive influence around the players and in the dressing room?

ash_86

Get him sold asap if he wants to leave. It's becoming boring every single season this happens.

blackhawk747

Supports
Carrick FC
Possible reasons:
  • Pogba was born and raised in Paris and sees Paris as his home.
  • PSG is the strongest team in France and very, very good in Europe, too.
  • He has a close friend or two in PSG with Kimpembe being one notable friend.
  • only PSG can afford his 350,000 salary

Borys

Statistics Wizard
60m quid for James, Lingard and Pogba? Wow. Okay, let’s go 60m then - who are we signing at 60m to replace those three that makes us more likely to win the league next year? That’s what it’s about. You don’t sign a 28 year old Varane to partner a 28 year old Maguire if you aren’t building a side to win now. There’s sod all point bringing in an 18 year old to replace Pogba who will peak when those two have retired. For the first time in 8 years I’m looking at a squad that’s one signing away from being genuine challengers - keeping Pogba makes that squad stronger - so let’s keep him a year and take the risk he doesn’t extend. It’s amusing this entire forum moans about how the glazers don’t care about winning - top 4 is all that matters - yet they’re delighted to sell a player who is undoubtedly a difference maker despite what his critics say just to bring in some money and stop us losing a player on a free. Real ambition would be to say feck it - keep that 40m (or the 30m you’ve valued him at) and go all in on winning the league.

Anyway - it looks like PSG are about to bid - he’s refused a contract and wants to move as a priority to PSG.

I have no idea who can we sign, I don't follow the football around the world that closely. But I'll give you my view - what we need is a midfielder (all round, defensively-oriented, not necessarily DM as I don't see us switching to 4-3-3), who can hold the midfield and pass the ball. I'd sell Pogba in a heartbeat if we can get one. I don't rate Pogba-the-midfielder that much, I rate him as a midfielder-winger hybrid, especially for his offensive contribution up front, but we already have a quite a few players who can play left wing, so PP seems redundant at this point. Pogba impact from midfield is hugely overrated and can easily be replaced. Not to mention him being often injured, out of mood etc.

To be honest, if we can't find a suitable midfielder now, I'd rather sell Pogba and loan a player for one year than have a half-arsed Pogba for another year and lose him on a free next year. 40m is A LOT of money which can be used this/next window.

Bestietom

Hes far too young and inexperienced to play CM for us this season, I'd see Ole only using him on the flanks or sub for Bruno. But then the question becomes how many games is he actually going to get in those positions, given how stacked we are in those positions and that Ole doesn't really rotate.

I'd be more inclined to send him on loan so he gets first team experience and games under his belt. That's why I think he's maybe 2 seasons away from being a regular contributor to our squad.
If he is good enough, he is old enough. I just said I hope he gets game time this season and you just agreed with this if you read what you have written.

the_cliff

This is the exact same news that came out 2 weeks ago. Still no news of Pogba actually agreeing terms with PSG. I see this as a bargaining technique, see what PSG has to offer and use it in negotiations with us. If we aren't willing to match the contract, make the decision, take less money and stay or go for more money.

If he was actually 100% interested in PSG then he would've agreed terms by now and the clubs would be negotiating. His pal Mbappe is also on his way out to Madrid, either going this summer or next summer for free. I think Pogba doesn't want to spend the rest of his career in the French league, his ideal transfer was to Madrid but with Zidane gone and Madrid putting all their eggs in the Mbappe basket, he knows he doesn't have many options and I see him trying to milk as much out of us and signing a new deal.

Problem for us is leaving it this late gives all the power to Pogba, he could even stay for one more season, run down his contract and if he's not convinced by us and our signings he's off with a fat signing on bonus. He'd probably have other clubs in for him as well (Juve, Madrid, Barca?) Can't really blame the club for this one though, as the impact of covid on clubs finances removed all interest in Pogba so it's not like they could have done anything differently to be fair.

In conclusion, In my personal opinion I think he's more likely to be leaving on a free to Madrid or Juve or signing a new contract with us.

Reactions: Penna

crossy1686

career ending
This is the exact same news that came out 2 weeks ago. Still no news of Pogba actually agreeing terms with PSG. I see this as a bargaining technique, see what PSG has to offer and use it in negotiations with us. If we aren't willing to match the contract, make the decision, take less money and stay or go for more money.

If he was actually 100% interested in PSG then he would've agreed terms by now and the clubs would be negotiating. His pal Mbappe is also on his way out to Madrid, either going this summer or next summer for free. I think Pogba doesn't want to spend the rest of his career in the French league, his ideal transfer was to Madrid but with Zidane gone and Madrid putting all their eggs in the Mbappe basket, he knows he doesn't have many options and I see him trying to milk as much out of us and signing a new deal.

Problem for us is leaving it this late gives all the power to Pogba, he could even stay for one more season, run down his contract and if he's not convinced by us and our signings he's off with a fat signing on bonus. He'd probably have other clubs in for him as well (Juve, Madrid, Barca?) Can't really blame the club for this one though, as the impact of covid on clubs finances removed all interest in Pogba so it's not like they could have done anything differently to be fair.

In conclusion, In my personal opinion I think he's more likely to be leaving on a free to Madrid or Juve or signing a new contract with us.
Madrid and Juve both won't pay the wages he wants. His options are PSG or City if he wants £350k+

RedStarUnited

The amount of people calling him mercenary in here is funny. So many fans forget that being a footballer is also a job.

Pogba is 28 turning 29 in March. This is the last time he is going to get a big contract due to his age. Why the hell would he not negotiate hard to get the maximum he can get for himself and his family? because he loves United?

crossy1686

career ending
The amount of people calling him mercenary in here is funny. So many fans forget that being a footballer is also a job.

Pogba is 28 turning 29 in March. This is the last time he is going to get a big contract due to his age. Why the hell would he not negotiate hard to get the maximum he can get for himself and his family? because he loves United?
I agree, footballers have the right to attain the highest salary they can. But when they've not done a lot for 2 years and consistently spoken about leaving to join Madrid during that time it's hard to justify a pay rise for him, especially where there are others more deserving

LonelyFire

He’s absolutely entitled to leave. My issue is people thinking something is miraculously going to change after 5 years of “sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit”.

crossy1686

career ending
Not having to pay a transfer fee might change their mind. Juve got Ramsey on 300 k a week iirc !!
And they're doing their best to get rid of him (and Ronaldo) but can't due to salaries. After seeing the mess Barcelona and Madrid currently find themselves in, and no upcoming Super League, a lot of clubs are going to start cutting their cloth.

RedStarUnited

I agree, footballers have the right to attain the highest salary they can. But when they've not done a lot for 2 years and consistently spoken about leaving to join Madrid during that time it's hard to justify a pay rise for him, especially where there are others more deserving
I get that but he can look around and see Mata getting a renewal when he doesn't ever play. Phil Jones the same. De Gea being the best paid player in the club and yet no the number 1 for his position. And then he can probably argue the commercial aspect of having him too.

Mainoldo

Either offer him 400k-450k and his stays or let him leave on a free and he gets 500k a week which he will pick up easy.

I think we all know what will happen here folks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pogba is staying. Well done United can’t wait to see him playing alongside Varane and Sancho. Exciting times.