Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
The amount of people calling him mercenary in here is funny. So many fans forget that being a footballer is also a job.

Pogba is 28 turning 29 in March. This is the last time he is going to get a big contract due to his age. Why the hell would he not negotiate hard to get the maximum he can get for himself and his family? because he loves United?
Of course he should try and get as much as he can. I don’t blame him for that. It’s just I don’t think he deserves to be our highest earner.

There is a difference between being capable of brilliance and being brilliant. Pogba is capable of some wonderful moments of football but those moments have come at a cost. £90m was a lot of money in the first place, his subsequent patchy form, eyelash fluttering with other clubs and his agents open disrespectful comments have not helped endear either player or agent to the fan base.

If he wants to stay, fair enough, he’s a good player, but no way should he be made club’s highest earner. No way. I remember Rooney making noises about our ambition and a possible move away and we rewarded him with a huge contract. That was so different, Rooney had earned his demands by giving us 100% on the pitch over the previous years.

Caving in to Pogbas wage demands would be an affront to those around him who work hard and are committed to the cause.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I wonder how club stands over this. Are we desperate to keep him (and we will risk to lose him for free by waiting on him to sign new contract) or we are trying to sell him?
Worst case scenario for us and for the manager, who prepares squad for flying start in PL, is this now.
I don't blame him for stalling and waiting but we need to protect our interest too. So it is time for "sign or go" offer.

I want him to stay but i hope that we will solve this in next 2 weeks. On one way or another.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
If he leaves it will be frustrating that it didn’t work out.

If he stays it will frustrating that a player who hasn’t worked out has been given a pay rise.

I know which frustration I’d rather deal with.

KingCavani

Never be as happy to see a player gone. At least until Martial is sold.

Horrible character.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I want him to stay but i hope that we will solve this in next 2 weeks. On one way or another.
I don't see why Pogba will have any urgency to resolve this issue whatsoever.
OK perhaps he has a good offer from PSG and also a new contract from United to weigh up, but why rush?

If Pogba sits tight, he is free to speak with other clubs in January and can sign a precontract agreement.
Meaning he isn't restricted to who he can sign for, and will pocket a massive signing on fee.

So personally, I'd be very surprised if Pogba leaves this window, it will be next year on a free.

RedDevilUnited369

He will get the £400k whether he leaves or not.

It’s his last big contract and he is considered WC by his peers and just about everyone apart from a section of online Utd fans, Jose fan boys and a large section of the British media.

He will get a signing on fee if he leaves this window and wages will be around the £350k that we are currently offering. Added together it will be the equivalent of 400k+. (Still gets what he is asking for)

He leaves next summer and will get closer to 500k (because he will still be considered WC..because he is) and Utd get nothing.

We need to just pay him as he is clearly part of Ole’s plans.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Based on what he has done in the kit he doesnt deserve 400k+ a week. He has been inconsistent for 5 years now. On the other side United hasn`t played him to his strength yet. Pogba is best with minimal defensive responsibiilty, but with Bruno here im not sure it will work (even with a class DM).

The best thing to do is probably letting him go and buy two midtfielders who fit United better. Neves and Camavinga perhaps ?

Ikon

Get this done quick, if he is not signing, then get rid.
How would the club just 'get rid' if Pogba refuses to be sold?
In 5 months he will get a massive signing on fee from whoever wants him, so why would he be forced into a transfer now?

Mainoldo

Based on what he has done in the kit he doesnt deserve 400k+ a week. He has been inconsistent for 5 years now. On the other side United hasn`t played him to his strength yet. Pogba is best with minimal defensive responsibiilty, but with Bruno here im not sure it will work (even with a class DM).

The best thing to do is probably letting him go and buy two midtfielders who fit United better. Neves and Camavinga perhaps ?
We can’t just let him go as he isn’t going to just leave with 1 year left on his contract.

People need to wake up to reality. He’s not going to sell himself short. The only way we win as a club is if we offer him a contract with his value. Otherwise we have to hope some club out there is willing to offer us £100m. Any takers? Oh by the way he has 12 months left.

spiriticon

'People expect him to be Kante, Pirlo and Ronaldinho and all rolled into one. It's unfair"

You're too damn right we are, we are paying him the salary of all three of them rolled into one! He better be damn good in goal too, for more than 400k a week.

Mainoldo

'People expect him to be Kante, Pirlo and Ronaldinho and all rolled into one. It's unfair"

You're too damn right we are, we are paying him the salary of all three of them rolled into one! He better be damn good in goal too, for more than 400k a week.
Well I expect DDG to scoring a f’ing penalty too to help win us the Europa league. The keeper he took it against probably got paid a 3rd of what he earns.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
We can’t just let him go as he isn’t going to just leave with 1 year left on his contract.

People need to wake up to reality. He’s not going to sell himself short. The only way we win as a club is if we offer him a contract with his value. Otherwise we have to hope some club out there is willing to offer us £100m. Any takers? Oh by the way he has 12 months left.
We wont win. 40-50 mill is the best we can hope for. Giving him 400-500k a week is stupid, and the only winner there is Pogba. It will feck up our wage structure again, and who will be next who demands those numbers ? Bruno, Rashford ? Both deservere it more than Pogba.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Raiola's relationship is excellent with PSG, they paid him €20m+ for bringing them Donnnaruma on a free.

Holy f*ck :lol:

spiriticon

Well I expect DDG to scoring a f’ing penalty too to help win us the Europa league. The keeper he took it against probably got paid a 3rd of what he earns.
For 375k a week DDG should be scoring fecking hattricks upfront. But that's another story. We all know it was a mistake to hand him that contract.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
This is basically the same as the Varane deal, but we’re on the receiving end. PSG’s offer will be about £30m I expect.

Ikon

People need to wake up to reality. He’s not going to sell himself short. The only way we win as a club is if we offer him a contract with his value.
This is the only card that United have to play in this situation.

Ace of Spades

How would the club just 'get rid' if Pogba refuses to be sold?
In 5 months he will get a massive signing on fee afrom whoever wants him, so why would he be forced into a transfer now?
He is not refusing to be sold though. We can get some money as long as we don't ask for stupid money.

Club is interested, player wants to go, a deal is there to be done.

Ikon

He is not refusing to be sold though. We can get some money as long as we don't ask for stupid money.

Club is interested, player wants to go, a deal is there to be done.
How do we know he won't refuse to be sold?
PSG could be talking to Raiola right now, and he tells them save your £50m and hold off for 5 months.
Pogba will sign on a free and you pay him £30m direct.

TsuWave

He has forever been giving Raiola the go ahead to shit on the club/manager in the media.

He's a two-faced rat.
Contrary to what emotional outbursts on this forum would have you believe, players are supposed to look after their interests and that is what Raiola does with his clients. Pogba is not about to sack an agent that can guarantee his future and that of his family because redcafe posters take it personally when Raiola says Pogba would not be short of suitors, and rightfully so.

According to the manager, he's a model professional and a good lad in and around the locker room and off the pitch as well. So.....

Bestietom

How do we know he won't refuse to be sold?
PSG could be talking to Raiola right now, and he tells them save your £50m and hold off for 5 months.
Pogba will sign on a free and you pay him £30m direct.
Yes, this is what could be done, and he Pogba would put in half hearted performances or fake injury until he can go on a free. If he doesn't want to be here, It's best we sell him or swap him now if we can.

Xaviboy

Is he back in training yet? All other French internationals are back at their clubs. Havnt seen any pics of him back. Hopefully he be gone. If he stays and walks for free next summer then come December he can talk to any club as will have 6 months left on his contract, so do we want a half arsed pogba playing while his mind is elsewhere.

largelyworried

I don't see why Pogba will have any urgency to resolve this issue whatsoever.
OK perhaps he has a good offer from PSG and also a new contract from United to weigh up, but why rush?

If Pogba sits tight, he is free to speak with other clubs in January and can sign a precontract agreement.
Meaning he isn't restricted to who he can sign for, and will pocket a massive signing on fee.

So personally, I'd be very surprised if Pogba leaves this window, it will be next year on a free.
The obvious issue is that, if it looks like he's going on a free, then he's not going to be central to our plans this season, which is bound to mean less game time. I don't think Ole would punish him or anything, but the fact is that if we're building a new midfield then Pogba is clearly not going to be part of it if he's going, so we'll be calling on him as a backup or an alternative for the season, rather then putting him front and centre. Pogba wants a better contract, but equally, I don't think he's the type to accept a lesser role for a season just for money.

Dr. StrangeHate

For Pogba it doesn't make sense to leave this year. None of us would in his situation. Next year he will have a selection of clubs waiting to give him a signing on bonus and fat contract. Why would he want 50 million to go to PSG when it can go to him. Even if he is on the bench this year he will still stay for France and get that fat contract.

buchansleftleg

Pogba will have been told by his agent to use the PSG interest as leverage to gain a bigger contract offer from United but we shouldn't reward his inconsistency of attitude and commitment by offering more than what we already have offered. If the Super League had happened there would be lots of money sloshing around, but a new reality has dawned and money will be in shorter supply than Pogba's agent might have originally planned.

The agent's behaviour and Pogba's fluctuating effort levels mean he is not drawing the sort of interest he probably hoped for. I think we will actually be lucky to get any genuine interest in him from any club other than PSG. The only other option would be Madrid getting a cut price deal to have him link up with Mbappe but I doubt they can afford both.

Ultimately that is when Pogba looks world class - when sending those longer pin-point through balls for someone like Mbappe to break defensive lines at pace and score. It's a you-tube highlight fest and we've seen him do it for France. Realistically though that doesn't work in more competitive leagues where he gets much more pressure on the ball and is just as likely to concede possession and then his lack of effort to recapture the ball is highlighted.

If we sell him we just need to replace that pinpoint accurate passing as we have the destructive ball winner in Fred and if need be we have McTominey who is good at pressing opposition. Bruno / VDB can provide the creative link to the attackers. So we only need to have a Deep lying midfielder with great long range passing to provide what Pogba does inconsistently.

I'd sell him at a fire sale price to anyone interested right now, but I suspect his agent will try and mess up any potential deal, as I believe the agent wants to generate a huge signing on bonus for himself.

largelyworried

For Pogba it doesn't make sense to leave this year. None of us would in his situation. Next year he will have a selection of clubs waiting to give him a signing on bonus and fat contract. Why would he want 50 million to go to PSG when it can go to him. Even if he is on the bench this year he will still stay for France and get that fat contract.
What about Varane?

vanrooney

this. and for us its also ok to let him stay and win something. i would take the risk

Tony247

Something is not right. If he is leaving then he must have decided long time ago and ideally his agent should have started looking for clubs since at least Jan. clubs should have been putting the bids by now, or at least there should have been credible updates on his transfer. Seems quiet out there.

TsuWave

Same fans banging their chest to offload players the moment their form drops feeling indignation cause a player wants to get/make the most monetary wise.

"We rinsed Dortmund! We rinsed Real! Hold up, wait a minute. Pogba you greedy cnut :mad:"

the game is the game.

RUCK4444

He has forever been giving Raiola the go ahead to shit on the club/manager in the media.

He's a two-faced rat.
Nonsense upon nonsense in this thread. People need to grow a pair and act like grown ups.

He's never said anything out of turn, he's never downed tools, he's never been anything but a positive influence on the pitch and in the dressing room. This is backed up by many players and managers.

Raiola is Raiola, he does this sh*t with every player. In fact it's been pretty tame with Pogba. He flew Haaland around all the clubs in Europe and by all accounts he's going nowhere this season. Imagine he was doing that with Pogba when he had 3 years left on his contract. :lol: