Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole'sbodyguard

Which is why they won't get anywhere near the first team for at least another 2 or 3 years, if at all.

For some reason, you keep ignoring this obvious point.
Exactly.

Personally I'm hoping Fergie's going to give opportunities to Fabio, Welbeck and Macheda next season for them to untap their fairly big potential.

That should be the next generation to be given some form of opportunity as all of them had difficult seasons this time around through injury and lack of opportunity.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Exactly.

Personally I'm hoping Fergie's going to give opportunities to Fabio, Welbeck and Macheda next season for them to untap their fairly big potential.

That should be the next generation to be given some form of opportunity as all of them had difficult seasons this time around through injury and lack of opportunity.
how can you say exactly? How much you seen of Paul? But more to the point how can you say that and mention Fabio. God sake he's barely played a game . People amaze me sometimes. I got news for you. Fabio ain't rafael. It's not dawned on you he might not make it?

But see you open up a can of worms. I like Fabio (but he needs a good run of games) to say what you said is crazy because he's barely featured yet and to say exactly is beyond comprehension. At first team level midfield is the area we're looking to fix, not left back.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Giggs was 17/18 - There are glaring differences which you ignore. You keep making out i'm missing something but i'm not and if you look at the players I listed, I didn't mention Ryan. Pogba has every chance of making it and the years talk is just talk.

Sir Alex has shown he will play teenagers - even with no experience IF he feels they're ready.

The difference between this group and the 90's group was they were older, had a bit of spells away (but not Giggs), and they came in as a group to give us continuity added to what we already had. We could easily see that again because we've not replaced Ryan or Scholes yet.

Will we? No one knows but you don't cut off your options Pogue. You minimize any risk, if you feel there is a risk, buy using what experience others have to get people through games. It's what everyone does. So this 2/3 years if any talk is just that and it's not fact at all. Far from it.

You cannot deny the possibility. You can argue the probability but not the possibility.
Fabregas, Ronaldo, Rooney, Messi, just to name a few. If you are good enough, or better, exceptionel, Fergie will throw them in and see what happens. Whether they are 17 or 20, age is secondary.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Giggs was 17/18 - There are glaring differences which you ignore. You keep making out i'm missing something but i'm not and if you look at the players I listed, I didn't mention Ryan. Pogba has every chance of making it and the years talk is just talk.

Sir Alex has shown he will play teenagers - even with no experience IF he feels they're ready.

The difference between this group and the 90's group was they were older, had a bit of spells away (but not Giggs), and they came in as a group to give us continuity added to what we already had. We could easily see that again because we've not replaced Ryan or Scholes yet.

Will we? No one knows but you don't cut off your options Pogue. You minimize any risk, if you feel there is a risk, buy using what experience others have to get people through games. It's what everyone does. So this 2/3 years if any talk is just that and it's not fact at all. Far from it.

You cannot deny the possibility. You can argue the probability but not the possibility.
That whole post makes so little sense it's almost impossible to respond to.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
how can you say exactly? How much you seen of Paul? But more to the point how can you say that and mention Fabio. God sake he's barely played a game . People amaze me sometimes. I got news for you. Fabio ain't rafael. It's not dawned on you he might not make it?

But see you open up a can of worms. I like Fabio (but he needs a good run of games) to say what you said is crazy because he's barely featured yet and to say exactly is beyond comprehension. At first team level midfield is the area we're looking to fix, not left back.
You think a kid who's just turned 17 and has barely started more than a handful of reserve games (never mind starting for the first-team, something Fabio has already done) is the person to "fix" our midfield?

Are you out of your mind?

Striker10

You think a kid who's just turned 17 and has barely started more than a handful of reserve games (never mind starting for the first-team, something Fabio has already done) is the person to "fix" our midfield?

Are you out of your mind?
So you got this and not the other post? feck off you spastic :lol: You can't respond so try to take the higher ground on the fecking internet. How pathetic are you?

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
I like Pogba a lot but to throw him into the first team now would cause anomie and leave a lot of people here feeling lugubrious.

He is clearly a level better than some of the people he plays against but because he shines at that level doesnt mean he is ready to shine against seasoned fully grown men. It's a different task and if it doesn't work out could damage a potentially great player.

We should let it take it's time rather than rush it

Striker10

I like Pogba a lot but to throw him into the first team now would cause anomie and leave a lot of people here feeling lugubrious.

He is clearly a level better than some of the people he plays against but because he shines at that level doesnt mean he is ready to shine against seasoned fully grown men. It's a different task and if it doesn't work out could damage a potentially great player.

We should let it take it's time rather than rush it
It's not our decision either way and we could never be 100% sure because what we know is limited and that goes for everyone here. We're not privvy to the players character etc. Only the coaching staff etc know....so if Sir Alex played him what you gonna say? He shouldn't have?....

People....

When someone says 2/3 years it's nonsense. It's arrogent. UNLESS they're privvy to all the information or around the player 24/7. Just ignore it. fecking nonsense that, as Sir Alex might say.

Interval

Level
It's not our decision either way and we could never be 100% sure because what we know is limited and that goes for everyone here. We're not privvy to the players character etc. Only the coaching staff etc know....so if Sir Alex played him what you gonna say? He shouldn't have?....

People....

When someone says 2/3 years it's nonsense. It's arrogent. UNLESS they're privvy to all the information or around the player 24/7. Just ignore it. fecking nonsense that, as Sir Alex might say.
You do realise the contradiction?

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not

Incorrect - only Beckham went out on loan. Scholes, Butt, Giggs, G and P Neville were all here the entire time. The difference between throwing a bunch of our current young lads in the team, and what happened in the early - mid 90s is that there was a gradual easing into the team of the youngsters.

There seems to be this misconception about (not specifically aimed at you) that at the beginning of the 95/96 Fergie picked the reserves 5 best players and threw them into the first team, and this just wasn't the case. Giggs had been playing since March 1991, Neville (G) and Butt made their debuts in 92/93, appeared sporadically for a few seasons (as you do when you're young), and broke into the side gradually in 95/96. Paul Scholes, arguably the most talented of the lot, didn't even make his debut until two months short of his 20th birthday.

As for SAF showing that he'll play teenagers, if anything you should know that he never throws debuting teenagers into the first team for extended periods, and he tries to avoid doing it in high pressure situations.

Striker10

You do realise the contradiction?
not at all. I said you can deny the probability but not the possibility. It would be a contradiction if I said it was 100% going to happen.

Striker10

Incorrect - only Beckham went out on loan. Scholes, Butt, Giggs, G and P Neville were all here the entire time. The difference between throwing a bunch of our current young lads in the team, and what happened in the early - mid 90s is that there was a gradual easing into the team of the youngsters.

There seems to be this misconception about (not specifically aimed at you) that at the beginning of the 95/96 Fergie picked the reserves 5 best players and threw them into the first team, and this just wasn't the case. Giggs had been playing since March 1991, Neville (G) and Butt made their debuts in 92/93, appeared sporadically for a few seasons (as you do when you're young), and broke into the side gradually in 95/96. Paul Scholes, arguably the most talented of the lot, didn't even make his debut until two months short of his 20th birthday.

As for SAF showing that he'll play teenagers, if anything you should know that he never throws debuting teenagers into the first team for extended periods, and he tries to avoid doing it in high pressure situations.
Mate I didn't exactly do research but the main point was Giggs not going out on loan anyway and the fact he was so young. The rest was a moot point. People talk about experience, going out on loan, being amazingly strong (which Giggs wasn't)....

Players are maybe bigger but the kids look stronger then our kids in the past. I don't think it's shocking. The only assumption i've ever made about Paul is saying I don't think he'd buckle under the pressure but if you give a kid a game or two, it won't exactly wreck their career......

I was thinking of making a thread and I think it's a good example. People are in the mood for buying. Would you buy benezema if you could or play kiko? I think it's a valid point.

Ole'sbodyguard

It's fairly simple, really.

Fabio, Welbeck and Macheda already have first team experience and in the case of Welbeck and Macheda have already done their academy and reserve education. They can only progress now through opportunities in the first team. Fabio's abit different but Fergie's played him in the first team and named him in squads when he has been fit so regularly you can tell he is in the same to be pushed forward and is also in a similar age bracket.

Pogba, in contrast, is in his first year with United and has not even got a run in the reserves. Like the other academy players he is with he is likely to at least get a regular run of reserve games firstly before he can be bracketed with these youngsters as more or less in the first tesm squad.

This was effectively solely the point that I made before that there are youngters who have got the most out everything United have to offer bar the first team and who should be the focus of next season. I'm going bite on another one of your posts in that reference to Giggs in your response to Pogue.

Now you can make an argument that he is going to fast track the reserves straight into the first team by all means but the fact that a fairly large section of one of your posts references Giggs does him no favours. Giggs was in the United first team at 17 because he was a truly exceptional and special talent. The best United have produced at such an early age in the last 40 years without question. More advanced at such a young age than any of the other class of 92 and more talented than other scarily advanced youngsters such as Whiteside or Hughes.

In 1991, everyone knew who Ryan Giggs was before he had played a game for United. A label like the new George Best meant something more in those days and the buzz at the time was that we had a better young player ready to make his breakthrough than Lee Sharpe who had his most destructive season and was being heralded as the best talent since Gascoinge. That's what Giggs was up against on the left flank. This was in an era when United were in a European final against Barca and a domestic cup final against Wednesday having eliminated all of the countries best sides with Sharpe as the catalyst. That's the buzz and hype Ryan Giggs had at age 17 and unlike most young players were the hype will nearly always be bigger than necessary he deserved every last bit of it.

Three months later at the start of the 91/92 most people would probably have agreed with that assessment in comparison to Sharpe who was injured at that start of that season. He finished that season as the young player of the season aged 18 and won it again the season after aged 19 and in all honest should have won the player of the season in 92/93. Sharpe never got a look in over Giggs again.

If Pogba was anything like Giggs was at 17, he would have been in our first team squad this season and playing over the likes of an out of form Carrick and someone of decent potential like Gibson in the run in, because he was truly outstanding.

The fact that he has not done so and is still not had a run in the reserves suggests the point Pogue is making about him taking a couple of years to get into the side is spot on.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
So you got this and not the other post? feck off you spastic :lol: You can't respond so try to take the higher ground on the fecking internet. How pathetic are you?
Wind your neck in, you silly little boy.

If you will insist on posting semi-coherent nonsense on the internet which can easily be interpreted as an absurd claim about academy players being the solution to first-team problems, chances are you're going to get called out on it. No need to act like a child. If you find you're struggling to make your point clear, it might help to use punctuation correctly and cut out this really weird habit you've got of posting about footballers in the first person.

Beyond ridiculous that you have spazzers on here firing out names from our academy - who have yet to even make an impact at reserve level - as somehow being the missing pieces in our first team jigsaw.

I blame MUTV.

datura

People....

It seems more arrogant the way you are belittling the opinions of people who have seen as much of him as you have, yet somehow you think your opinion is more vaild and have started hurling the insights about already.

I am all for optimism about the younger players but history has shown us that we need to temper the enthusiasm as many of those we hype up won't make it at United.

Let them develop and trust the club to do their best to give them a chance, talk of Carling Cup appearances, saving us £20m in the future etc is reckless.

Striker10

It's fairly simple, really.

Fabio, Welbeck and Macheda already have first team experience and in the case of Welbeck and Macheda have already done their academy and reserve education. They can only progress now through opportunities in the first team. Fabio's abit different but Fergie's played him in the first team and named him in squads when he has been fit so regularly you can tell he is in the same to be pushed forward and is also in a similar age bracket.

Pogba, in contrast, is in his first year with United and has not even got a run in the reserves. Like the other academy players he is with he is likely to at least get a regular run of reserve games firstly before he can be bracketed with these youngsters as more or less in the first tesm squad.

This was effectively solely the point that I made before that there are youngters who have got the most out everything United have to offer bar the first team and who should be the focus of next season. I'm going bite on another one of your posts in that reference to Giggs in your response to Pogue.

Now you can make an argument that he is going to fast track the reserves straight into the first team by all means but the fact that a fairly large section of one of your posts references Giggs does him no favours. Giggs was in the United first team at 17 because he was a truly exceptional and special talent. The best United have produced at such an early age in the last 40 years without question. More advanced at such a young age than any of the other class of 92 and more talented than other scarily advanced youngsters such as Whiteside or Hughes.

In 1991, everyone knew who Ryan Giggs was before he had played a game for United. A label like the new George Best meant something more in those days and the buzz at the time was that we had a better young player ready to make his breakthrough than Lee Sharpe who had his most destructive season and was being heralded as the best talent since Gascoinge. This was in an era when United were in a European final against Barca and a domestic cup final against Wednesday having eliminated all of the countries best sides with Sharpe as the catalyst. That's the buzz and hype Ryan Giggs had at age 17 and unlike most young players were the hype will nearly always be bigger than necessary he deserved every last bit of it.

Three months later at the start of the 91/92 most people would probably have agreed with that assessment in comparison to Sharpe who was injured at that start of that season. He finished that season as the young player of the season aged 18 and won it again the season after aged 19 and in all honest should have won the player of the season in 92/93. Sharpe never got a look in over Giggs again.

If Pogba was anything like Giggs was at 17, he would have been in our first team squad this season and playing over the likes of an out of form Carrick and someone of decent potential like Gibson in the run in, because he was truly outstanding.

The fact that he has not done so and is still not had a run in the reserves suggests the point Pogue is making about him taking a couple of years to get into the side is spot on.
How many games has fabio played in the first team :lol: It's still not many. Who were they against? were they for 90 minutes?..(i'll focus mainly on fabio)

Yes Fabio was actually rated higher but even if you're in the squad it doesn't matter. You have to stay in the squad and try to break into it. There was even talk of a loan move for Fabio.

Pogba has played for the reserves but this happens to everyone. They put you in academy, reserves when there's a space put you back in academy etc
King got a carling cup call up and he's not what you'd call a reserve player though he has played a few games but what people need to remember about the reserves is it's mainly against kids. It's not a massive step up

You mentioned three players but none are midfielders. Kiko/welbeck have a chance you'd think but how will Fabio get past Evra? You can play anyone if 1) they're beside experience and 2) you think they're ready and the fact is we don't know the answer to 2 so you cannot write it off. You can say I don't think it will happen but you can't say it simply won't happen for 2/3 year if at all....

The reserves are not what they once were. That is partly why you see more and more kids go out on loan. So the jump from academy to first team or reserves to first team isn't as big as it sounds. Rafael got in because there was a player you thought had ability, you accepted the fact he would feck up because you thought he was the future. In midfield it's evident there are a few question marks and that is why there's opportunities.

I never said Pogba will play next season. It's a myth. I said if he got a game and played to his potential, it would be hard to ignore him inspite of his age. It's not as if our midfield is set in stone at the minute. That said I think Cleverlys class and you cannot ignore Gibsons contribution. However all these kids won't make it for lots of reasons - ones they're in competition with each other for the places in the squad and for me Pogba is is up there with Tunnicliffe, Morrison etc in terms of talent, ability, confidence etc.

We're talking about two different Eras (giggs point) which I can't go into as we'll be here all day (sorry did read it though) but Pogba HAS featured for the reserves.

Striker10

It seems more arrogant the way you are belittling the opinions of people who have seen as much of him as you have, yet somehow you think your opinion is more vaild and have started hurling the insights about already.

I am all for optimism about the younger players but history has shown us that we need to temper the enthusiasm as many of those we hype up won't make it at United.

Let them develop and trust the club to do their best to give them a chance, talk of Carling Cup appearances, saving us £20m in the future etc is reckless.
opinion has never been fact and when someone tells you your crazy for offering a differing opinion - then maybe you won't sound so high and mighty. If i'm so arrogent where did i point out anyone was wrong and where did i belittle anyones point of view? I will recognize someone saying it could take a few years. I won't recognize someone saying it will take that long as no one knows......but clearly your in a position to form an opinion having read all our posts, including the ones not in this thread.

Temper the enthusiasm. What your saying is don't be too excited or maybe I should talk about players we could buy? Let them develop? My input means feck all. Like everyones. What difference does it make? You think Sir Alex is taking notes?...I would encourage every fecker to take an interest in who we have coming through. The club do and as I already said, it's them that matter not us.

datura

opinion has never been fact and when someone tells you your crazy for offering a differing opinion - then maybe you won't sound so high and mighty. If i'm so arrogent where did i point out anyone was wrong and where did i belittle anyones point of view? I will recognize someone saying it could take a few years. I won't recognize someone saying it will take that long as no one knows......but clearly your in a position to form an opinion having read all our posts, including the ones not in this thread.

Temper the enthusiasm. What your saying is don't be too excited or maybe I should talk about players we could buy? Let them develop? My input means feck all. Like everyones. What difference does it make? You think Sir Alex is taking notes?...I would encourage every fecker to take an interest in who we have coming through. The club do and as I already said, it's them that matter not us.
What are you on about? You are making little sense and seem to be ranting without any coherent thought.

If you actually read what most people had posted before getting so defensive and dismissive you would see that everyone has high hopes for Pogba, but he is a long term project not a short term fix, and there is no guarantee that he will make it, so to sign no one to fix an area that clearly needs at least one high quality addition would be an incredible risk.

Ole'sbodyguard

How many games has fabio played in the first team :lol: It's still not many. Who were they against? were they for 90 minutes?..(i'll focus mainly on fabio)

Yes Fabio was actually rated higher but even if you're in the squad it doesn't matter. You have to stay in the squad and try to break into it. There was even talk of a loan move for Fabio.

Pogba has played for the reserves but this happens to everyone. They put you in academy, reserves when there's a space put you back in academy etc
King got a carling cup call up and he's not what you'd call a reserve player though he has played a few games but what people need to remember about the reserves is it's mainly against kids. It's not a massive step up

You mentioned three players but none are midfielders. Kiko/welbeck have a chance you'd think but how will Fabio get past Evra? You can play anyone if 1) they're beside experience and 2) you think they're ready and the fact is we don't know the answer to 2 so you cannot write it off. You can say I don't think it will happen but you can't say it simply won't happen for 2/3 year if at all....

The reserves are not what they once were. That is partly why you see more and more kids go out on loan. So the jump from academy to first team or reserves to first team isn't as big as it sounds. Rafael got in because there was a player you thought had ability, you accepted the fact he would feck up because you thought he was the future. In midfield it's evident there are a few question marks and that is why there's opportunities.

I never said Pogba will play next season. It's a myth. I said if he got a game and played to his potential, it would be hard to ignore him inspite of his age. It's not as if our midfield is set in stone at the minute. That said I think Cleverlys class and you cannot ignore Gibsons contribution. However all these kids won't make it for lots of reasons - ones they're in competition with each other for the places in the squad and for me Pogba is is up there with Tunnicliffe, Morrison etc in terms of talent, ability, confidence etc.

We're talking about two different Eras (giggs point) which I can't go into as we'll be here all day (sorry did read it though) but Pogba HAS featured for the reserves.

Fabio has played for the first team in games when he has been fit and not just the carling cup either. He's played in Fa cup semi finals, CL games, league games and the Carling Cup. His problem has been with injuries but it is undeniable than he, like Rafael, was placed into the first team squad in his first season and was also last season. Fergie's not holding him back when he is fit. He would have played more this season with the way Evra has been pushed to the limit. A loan move to a club like Porto would be progress for him but I'd still prefer him to stay with United.

WHy does he need get past Evra? You have erected your own straw man argument here. Evra needs a break, this season is a good demonstration. If anything Fabio would be in competition with JOS and as JOS has largely been used down the right there is an obvious squad place for him.

I've not mentioned centre midfield because we are already overstocked here and may well add a further option. I'd be tempted to bring Cleverly as an option following his loan success but he is going to struggle to get games with what is ahead of him and I'd guess he will be ahead of Pogba because he cannot get anything more from the reserves or academy. Like the others used as a comparison such as Fabio, welbeck and Macheda.

Perhaps it's wise for you not to address the Giggs point because If you going to push it then Pogba would have to break our first team this season, win a couple of young player of year awards, be justly labelled the next Robson or Keane and have the likes of Madrid chasing for his signature in a big money transfer as an 18/19 year old, the same way Giggsy had Milan chasing him when he was a teenage superstar. There not really apt parallels and if he was that developed he would already certainly would have been on the bench for one of the run in games. Giggs was that outstanding and that standout at his age.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
For me the Giggs and Pogba comparison dies for one reason. Giggs wasn't a central midfielder. With his advanced abilities as a winger he was always going to get a chance. Getting a chance at a club like United the way Fabregas did at 16, in center midfield is nigh impossible. IMO you might have to be even more impressive than Giggs was then to be trusted that way.

Wan

Tosic argument all over again.

He should be in the team and play more games blablabla

datura

Pogba likes life with united France on UEFA.COM

Pogba likes life with united France

France's goalscorer against Portugal, Paul Pogba, talks about the hard-working, tight-knit atmosphere in the camp and life at Manchester United FC mixing with the likes of Rio Ferdinand.
Read more

Paul Pogba is one of the tallest players at the UEFA European Under-17 Championship and, after his move to Manchester United FC last autumn, has one of the highest profiles, but the France midfielder delivered with his winner against Portugal and is loving his time with the squad.

France coach Guy Ferrier opted to start without Pogba in the opening 2-1 loss to Spain, feeling he was not right "physically or mentally". But the No6 was given the nod three days later and his deflected strike ensured a 1-0 defeat of Portugal, putting France second in Group A ahead of Monday's decisive encounter with Switzerland.

"We are very happy with the victory, but this is only one step," Pogba told UEFA.com. "We still have one more game and we have to work to prepare for it, but we are very happy to win."

Although Pogba says "we never relax" such is the France squad's hard-working ethos, the team's bond as a unit ensures it is a happy camp. "It's always very good to get back with the French national team," Pogba said. "To see all the players, I enjoy it, especially when we win. "We always speak together, joking, kidding, maybe seven in one room speaking and playing. It is a very good group, we are very happy in the team"."

Over the course of the interview, Pogba shows off his improving English, and since arriving at United in October has learned a lot – not just linguistically. "It's a real experience," he said. "I didn't know the language, it's not the same style of game – more physical. But in France when I come back with my experience I can maybe add to the team. Like Yaya Sanogo, he's played in the [AJ Auxerre] first team, he can add to the team. And the keeper Alphonse Aréola [who trains with Paris Saint-Germain FC's senior squad], he can help the team. That's very good for the team to have good experience."

Giving Pogba the benefits of their experience are the United first team. "Sometimes I can see them, speak to them, joke, play table tennis," Pogba said. "I am very close to them. Gabriel Obertan, because he's French, Patrice Evra and Rio Ferdinand, I can speak with him. He says good luck, just work hard – you have to to be a good player."

Pogba added: "Sometimes they come and watch the games and try to help me. That's good, as they have a lot of experience. I listen to them and try to learn quickly." However, there are still some home comforts in northern England. "I live with my mum so it's OK – she's cooks for me!"

datura

Guy Ferrier, France coach:

'Paul Pogba is a very good player but when he arrived in Liechtenstein he was not ready, physically and especially mentally. When he arrived he was not a player for the team but we found a good solution. Tonight he did what I expect from him. It was his best game for a year.'

datura

If I'm not mistaken, he has played a few minutes in the reserve level, mostly used as subs. I'd love to see him step up to the reserve level next season and if he shows good potential then a carling cup game would be great.
He'll play more reserve games next season, particularly if a few of the current incumbents are either loaned or move on.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Guy Ferrier, France coach:

'Paul Pogba is a very good player but when he arrived in Liechtenstein he was not ready, physically and especially mentally. When he arrived he was not a player for the team but we found a good solution. Tonight he did what I expect from him. It was his best game for a year.'
Is that a veiled criticism of our coaching staff? Cheeky cnut.

I wonder what's the "solution" he's talking about?

AVARiCE

Is that a veiled criticism of our coaching staff? Cheeky cnut.

I wonder what's the "solution" he's talking about?
I'm as baffled as you are. There's a few reasons I can think of but none of them seem to match, take your pick:

- As Datura said, he was tired from the season (but why would this make him particularly mentally tired?)

- The France coach was insinuating that playing for our U18's isn't quite the same level as the others. I dunno about the team's standard overall but in the article he mentions a player who's had a couple of games at senior standard and one more who trains with the seniors. (if the standard isn't that good this one gets ruled out)

- Quite simply, the guy doesn't rate him. (Highly unlikely, he's clearly a special talent.)

- Possible attitude issues? Because he plays for us he might have thought himself above his station and got dropped? Hence the "especially mentally"? (Pogba seems like a sensible guy and there's no "good solution" to this problem)

- Having played English football for a year, he might have been out of sync with the French style of play. Personally I think this is the most likely. (Again, what's a "good solution" for this situation?)

Interesting though.

lysglimt

Scout
If something was wrong with our training - of course they wouldn't be able to sort the problem in 3 days. So ... attitude problems ?

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
very good player for the academy so far

But he does seem quite big

He has really impressed me since joining. I see why we went through all that trouble to get him. Maybe he can get some appearances in the Carling Cup next year at this rate? It would be nice to bring more top quality midfielders through our academy instead of going for the expensive option. At a time like this we can't be throwing too much money around.

dev1l

I'm as baffled as you are. There's a few reasons I can think of but none of them seem to match, take your pick:

- As Datura said, he was tired from the season (but why would this make him particularly mentally tired?)

- The France coach was insinuating that playing for our U18's isn't quite the same level as the others. I dunno about the team's standard overall but in the article he mentions a player who's had a couple of games at senior standard and one more who trains with the seniors. (if the standard isn't that good this one gets ruled out)

- Quite simply, the guy doesn't rate him. (Highly unlikely, he's clearly a special talent.)

- Possible attitude issues? Because he plays for us he might have thought himself above his station and got dropped? Hence the "especially mentally"? (Pogba seems like a sensible guy and there's no "good solution" to this problem)

- Having played English football for a year, he might have been out of sync with the French style of play. Personally I think this is the most likely. (Again, what's a "good solution" for this situation?)

Interesting though.
One has also to keep in mind, that most probably what the french coach gave the interview in French and some things he said may have been lost in translation

Status
Not open for further replies.