Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
A lot of people are looking who we will buy etc and I think our futures very heavily invested in the kids. The problem people don't see is sometimes if you buy someone, you might deny someone better an opportunity. I don't think we've any worries with this lad. Fingers crossed

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
A lot of people are looking who we will buy etc and I think our futures very heavily invested in the kids. The problem people don't see is sometimes if you buy someone, you might deny someone better an opportunity. I don't think we've any worries with this lad. Fingers crossed
Watch out... people here will think you are a Glazer apologist! :nervous::nervous:

But i do agree with you. I don't understand what happen to the idea that United always gives youth a chance and yet, in the very same breath, some people want us to buy establish super stars.

I have massive hopes for Pogba and W.Keane. Our spine for the next generation.

Striker10

Watch out... people here will think you are a Glazer apologist! :nervous::nervous:

But i do agree with you. I don't understand what happen to the idea that United always gives youth a chance and yet, in the very same breath, some people want us to buy establish super stars.

I have massive hopes for Pogba and W.Keane. Our spine for the next generation.
:D definately not

But we have to be realistic. Moneys distorted everything and there's a lot of assholes out there that don't care but we do have talent in the youth and that's ours and we don't have to fight for it etc. I think it's a very promising group in key areas too and in numbers. I think that's our future baring signings here and there

anver

Shart stop
During the past five years how many youth players have we signed? And how many of them have walked into the first team, leave alone left us raving? Only Kiko, and that too, just one match.

Buying only youth/unproven talent is not very prudent. We need a mix of youth and stars.

Striker10

During the past five years how many youth players have we signed? And how many of them have walked into the first team, leave alone left us raving? Only Kiko, and that too, just one match.

Buying only youth/unproven talent is not very prudent. We need a mix of youth and stars.
You can't think about it like that. Five years ago for example there were less question marks. Players like Giggs, Scholes etc were five years younger. We will always buy but we're not dumb enough to ignore who we already have and when they're ready, they'll get their chance. Promoting youth is a big part of the club and yes we can spend money - but we have to be realistic for now unless something gets done about the mega rich business people

We shouldn't face stiff competition from chelsea or city but we do because of the money they have. It's getting harder but there are benefits to bringing through the youth and it might take a year and it might take two but the wages are less and the quality is there - experience, strength will come and it will be players certainly with mental strength who will be given opportunities on top of ability.

Looking at the youth, I think most people that follow it are pretty optimistic with who we have coming through. Why not? I imagine someone like Cleverly has bags of confidence and at 21 if your lucky you could be talking about a player who will be loyal (we assume), who wants to play for United, who is progressing and I know it's arrogent but I think from midfield/forward Cleverly/Morrison/Tunnicliffe and William Keane will be future England Internationals.

IF they develop as they should. People should be excited by the potential and hope that they listen to the right people

anver

Shart stop
You can't think about it like that. Five years ago for example there were less question marks. Players like Giggs, Scholes etc were five years younger. We will always buy but we're not dumb enough to ignore who we already have and when they're ready, they'll get their chance. Promoting youth is a big part of the club and yes we can spend money - but we have to be realistic for now unless something gets done about the mega rich business people

We shouldn't face stiff competition from chelsea or city but we do because of the money they have. It's getting harder but there are benefits to bringing through the youth and it might take a year and it might take two but the wages are less and the quality is there - experience, strength will come and it will be players certainly with mental strength who will be given opportunities on top of ability.
Five years is quite a long time for player development. If a player cannot reach his potential in five years, he is no good.

Striker10

Five years is quite a long time for player development. If a player cannot reach his potential in five years, he is no good.
So if a players 18 and rooneys now 24 - he's reached his potential? I don't think so. I think we're only now seeing the player he can become - last season. Now is that because he's up top or because Ronaldos gone or because he's matured? Maybe all three.....

But if we have experience now, we shouldn't be afraid to let any kid benefit from their experience because when they are gone they're gone. When you talk about any kids you'll often find if someone says something extreme people will tend to go the opposite way to counter it but people have already forgotten about Tom Cleverly for example.

I'd like us to get cole - I think he can offer something but I think Tom could too and so if we don't go for cole, I don't think anyone of us can be disappointed if the kid gets given his chance. He might just take it

Ask anyone. If we got cole and he did brilliant or if we played cleverly and he looked the part - what scenario would they prefer? But if you sign a top play for xxx million - who complains? Just life

anver

Shart stop
Fair enough. I think a bit different. But that does not mean I am not amenable to think otherwise under different circumstances. I dont advocate a total reliance on stars. I prefer a mix. We should buy stars also, if we got to win trophies.

See the other thread in this forum. Dont you think we could have done better?

"Young quintet to depart".

Striker10

Fair enough. I think a bit different. But that does not mean I am not amenable to think otherwise under different circumstances. I dont advocate a total reliance on stars. I prefer a mix. We should buy stars also, if we got to win trophies.

See the other thread in this forum. Dont you think we could have done better?

"Young quintet to depart".
I think we have done better over recent years bringing in better quality/stronger youth players. You can sign a prospect and he can look the business but the next season you might sign someone even better. It's just how it is. None of the players let go, really bother me as though they were decent/good young talents - we've better talents and in numbers too. So you hope the depth is that big - that it would be a crime for atleast 4/5 not to make it at some point

That Morrison for example. I had no idea he was a midfielder and i've seen him and if we can channel him correctly - he has the potential (only potential) to a future England star. I hope, I really hope he matures because his potential is far greater then certain players

decorativeed

Keano1999

Rafael, yes. His twin. He is so invisible, I forget his name. He is more of a sicknote. Ah. Yes. Fabio. :D
Young players sometimes have health issues as their bodies continue to develop. I would not write either of them off yet.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
hope he's on the pitch in early '11, he consistently amazes me with his performances.

Alex

That sucks if he is hurt, he really has the looks of THE NEXT BIG THING

Alex

It's probably until 2011 though, a 16 month knee injury? Who is this guy?\

Owen Hargreaves

SirAF

Ageist
feck sake, was hoping to get a glimps of him in the Carling Cup this year :(

Striker10

4-16 months
obviously it's a blow but it's almost a part of a young footballers education. We just have to let him get fit and continue with his development. So it's good to have perspective. As you say if we're lucky he might be back in the new year or shortly after. Cross fingers

cj_sparky

I blame the French U17 manager Manager. He played Pogba against England when he was clearly injured. He had a heavy strapping on his knee during that match, looked like he was struggling just jogging at times and still managed to look their best player and score.

Devilton

A serious knee injury you say? Quick...give him Hargo's number, he'll know what to tell the lad...

oh, wait. nevermind.

Mick1991

T'is brilliant news, I really like this guy. I watched him for France U17 during the summer (euro's I think). A lot of people were talking about Josh McEachran (don't get me wrong, extremely talented player) as being the stand out player but I thought Pogba showed that extra edge to his game (where are my Red Tinted specs!) Extremely impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.