Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Have to say i had totally forgotten about this lad. With the injuries going around etc, is he not at the stage to at least get a place on the bench and the likes when we are a bit thin on the ground in midfield?
Not really. He's still in the academy and not even part of the reserves squad yet. I think he's played in two, maybe three, reserve games due to an injury crisis and that's it. He'll need to esablish himself at reserve level before we even think about playing him for the first-team.

He's a promising young player but don't let yourself get carried away by giddiness from the usual suspects.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
It's one of the reasons i'd loath us to buy. Tremendous prospect. Sir Alex had a beaming smile after that flew in. Hopefully it wasn't because he (pogba) got a hit in the face during the celebrations :)

ciderman9000000

Not really. He's still in the academy and not even part of the reserves squad yet. I think he's played in two, maybe three, reserve games due to an injury crisis and that's it. He'll need to esablish himself at reserve level before we even think about playing him for the first-team.

He's a promising young player but don't let yourself get carried away by giddiness from the usual suspects.
He's part of the reserve squad now, Pogue.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Not to derail this thread but some of my favorite memories in the 90s have been Tyler shouting "Cantonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" at various points.

If Pogba reaches that stage, I'd be very happy.

dhstriker

President of the Jamie Redknapp fan club
For those of you who have watched this kid on a consistent basis, is he just a flash in the pan or the real deal?

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
That strike is Beckham-esque.

Virtuoso

For those of you who have watched this kid on a consistent basis, is he just a flash in the pan or the real deal?
I'm an optimist, but I would honestly say that he's the real deal. Remember watching his debut for the Academy and being instantly impressed, thought he was going to be a defensive midfielder in the "destroyer" mould but he's an all round midfielder. Has so much to his game that I can't see why, if he keeps progressing as he is, Sir Alex wouldn't think that we could use him in the first team set up. However, as is always the case, anything can happen and it's down to him to fulfil his obvious potential.

Ringo 07

Barring injury I reckon he is goona be really great. He's showing signs of brilliance similar to what the likes of Rossi and Pique showed at Reserve level and has excelled for teh academy and France youth teams when he was not injured.

Striker10

he's not a flash in the pan. He played some great passes yesterday which were every bit as good as his goal and most weeks he's effective. It's just a pity their is little consistancy when you play football at that level. The only thing to stop players like Pogba is the mental aspect of the game and injuries (and the squad players). We have serious talent in the middle of the park. I don't think what we have now in the squad is enough to stop the like coming through in the long run

Striker10

Long way to go

Our fans tend to hype up our youngsters alot when they aren't even halfway there yet, i'm afraid
your talking about fans of basically most clubs. It's not something thats united specific. To be honest, if you can't be excited you have no pulse. I see some people would rather we spunk money on so and so or big up other clubs kids while ignoring our own. The potential is here and if you watch the reserves/academy then that much is apparent. The kids now are the best group we've had in a long time but ofcourse it's all potential. There are only so many gaps in the squad.

Name Changed

weso26
Looks like a good prospect. I have high hopes for him anyway, as I did for Petrucci :(.

Great strike anyway.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Well every time I've seen him he's looked way above the level he's been playing at. That's all you can ask really. I've got to say, for me he's our most exciting young player, ahead of Keane and Morrison.
thats excellent news, because those were the other two names I was thinking of.

Elliott said he will be 18 in March. He may well be in our squad next season then.

gulli_G

hopefully he will bulk up now to match his height, then he will be a monster midfielder.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Spent the last two years or so struggling with injury.

He's still young so there's hope, but he's going to struggle after missing so much football at such a vital stage.
I doubt he is going to make it here though. He will have to move on sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.