Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's a midfielder Scholesy, he's 17 and he plays in midfield.
Let's leave the labels until he's older.
:p bet he scores an henry type goal today. When people say this, it's to give an example of the type of player he looks at that moment in time for the people who haven't seen him. It's not say he's the new this or that. That said giggs was described as the new best at 17, did it harm him?

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Yeah but at 17 was Giggs a defensive winger or a wide forward or a wide midfielder? That's the all important question :rolleyes:

Rowem

gently, down the stream
But theres no such thing as just[/I a midfielder. You do have different types.

And FYI, there are different sorts of flank players. Beckham was a wide midfielder, ronaldo was a winger.

You misunderstand my point sweetcheeks.

The point being that he is a wee baby and is still developing as a player. We don't know what type of midfielder he is yet so pigeon-holing him is rather pointless at this stage. Italics and underlining added to assist you.

Mickey

Stop paying attention to this a while ago
You misunderstand my point sweetcheeks.

The point being that he is a wee baby and is still developing as a player. We don't know what type of midfielder he is yet so pigeon-holing him is rather pointless at this stage. Italics and underlining added to assist you.
Well fair enough, but using giggs was a poor example, as it was clear what type of winger he was going to be.

No need to be patronising either.

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
The lad is a midfielder and a throw back to the post W-M days when midfielders were expected to do it all, defend, attack and provide an outlet wherever or whenever possible. That's the kind of education that I want to see the youngsters get not this "specialization" at an early age which on the downside can end up making players rigid and limited in their play.

God I would love it were he to develop into a peak Keano/Viera type of a player

Striker10

:wenger:

Vieira = 41 career goals at club level, 6 at international
Keane = 57 career goals at club level, 9 at international
yeah you would make that assumpion that i was talking about goals but I was talking more about his style. Obviously viera was a dirty player as was keane but Keane broke things up more for me, i think he was more dominant (certainly in the head to heads I think) where as Viera probably had a little more flair. So I don't know why your talking about goals for? Any reason in particular cause they were both box to box midfielders up until keanes game changed where he became slightly more defensive. In terms of statue i'd compare Pogba to viera just as I would Tunnicliffe to a roy keane type.

It's not to say they are the next such and such and people are free to disagree....it's just a little lame when it's because someone has a chip on their sholder that's all.

Striker10

Yeah but at 17 was Giggs a defensive winger or a wide forward or a wide midfielder? That's the all important question :rolleyes:
what the feck are you talking about? :lol: Here's a suggestion. Before you make a point, make it obvious what the point is cause your distorting a simple point. At that age giggs WAS compared to someone else rightly or wrongly. Is that too difficult for you to understand?? Take your time..

It didn't harm him. If they come through they come through, if they fail because someone called them the next zidane...newsflash: they would never have made it.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
what the feck are you talking about? :lol: Here's a suggestion. Before you make a point, make it obvious what the point is cause your distorting a simple point. At that age giggs WAS compared to someone else rightly or wrongly. Is that too difficult for you to understand?? Take your time..

It didn't harm him. If they come through they come through, if they fail because someone called them the next zidane...newsflash: they would never have made it.
I was parodying Scholesy and his need to pigeon-hole a young player, I wasn't commenting on anyone being dubbed 'the next so-and-so'. That's a completely different topic and not one I am the slightest bit interested in. Note that I didn't quote you as I wasn't replying to you. feck knows why you've got so defensive princess.

tintedsepia

Can't wait to see this guy good enough for our first team. He excites me. Hope he starts to see some action next year!

redwhiteblack

Paul Pogba will take our midfield by storm when Alex deems him ready. The boy is a massive, massive talent.

Can't wait to see him after he's got 10 first team appearances under his belt.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Have to say i had totally forgotten about this lad. With the injuries going around etc, is he not at the stage to at least get a place on the bench and the likes when we are a bit thin on the ground in midfield?

Striker10

Have to say i had totally forgotten about this lad. With the injuries going around etc, is he not at the stage to at least get a place on the bench and the likes when we are a bit thin on the ground in midfield?
i'll give some folks a heart attack by saying no it isn't :) He's a top talent though

Status
Not open for further replies.